• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Then this may as well be my last post in this thread because the concerns that you speak of have been answered many times, yet people ignore
which they've been asked to make use of countless times. People continue to post up claims which are totally false and have already been explained in the previous few pages and then get upset when I call them out on it and correct their mistake.

I can't flick a switch to change who I am, I try to be helpful and despite being busy I try to check back here regularly. Answering lots of questions quickly makes it hard to mask my frustration and stress. Therefore, if you don't like my tone then it's best if I don't answer.

We've already apologised and explained in detail how this mess happened, we've already taken countless steps to ease the situation, yet we still get attacked, both personally and as a company. Please, understand that Gibbo and I have worked here for the majority of our lives, it IS our lives at times, we care a lot more about the company, our reputation and our customers than the average guy that you talk to when you contact a company.

In short;
- we're sorry, we've already admitted in detail that problems occurred and apologised so many times.
- we care and get annoyed when people accuse us of not caring because we don't have any information available to answer their question.
- I get annoyed when different people ask the same question on almost every page and get especially annoyed when they then accuse us of ignoring them even though we've answered already
- I get annoyed when people over-simplify really complex situations and then say "oh well, you should have done this", "why haven't you tried this", "ah, you see, THIS is your problem.
- It's incredibly annoying to spend precious time writing long, detailed responses to a number of questions and then within a page or two people are asking those same questions all over again.
- I'm human, I'm stressed, I'm snappy, I know that and sometimes I'm better at covering it than others. I never set out to insult people but text based communication is prone to tonal misunderstanding.
- I want to help but if people are getting upset by what I'm saying or how I'm saying it then it's best for everyone if I leave you to it.

PLEASE USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
I doubt that many people have any issue or are upset, it's just a few bad eggs.

Associate
@ScottiB I dont envy you, seeing as graphics cards isn't even your department yet you've come here to help Gibbo and try and give us information when in reality you didnt have to do that.

Yeah its all rubbish at the minute, myself im just sat here like it is what it is, my XC3 Black will turn up (one day) im just glad im not one of those people that rushed to sell their card expecting to get a 30xx on release and is still waiting

Associate
I also live in NI and am very confused about the situation, im in the 3080 tuf OC queue and have been receiving queue emails and also looking to buy a cpu and mobo and have sent a webnote which they replied by yes they are shipping to NI, then looking at this thread seeing people from NI having shipping issues makes me a bit concerned about ordering atm. Ugh Should have went with a prebuilt back then...

Associate
I also live in NI and am very confused about the situation, im in the 3080 tuf OC queue and have been receiving queue emails and also looking to buy a cpu and mobo and have sent a webnote which they replied by yes they are shipping to NI, then looking at this thread seeing people from NI having shipping issues makes me a bit concerned about ordering atm. Ugh Should have went with a prebuilt back then...

I haven't had any problem with shipping, as I'm still 147 in the queue - I was just looking clarification as the information on NI seemed contradictory. So I was really just seeking clarification for us NI peeps but seem to have caused a whole fuss. I'm looking at monitors and a mouse right now, so it isn't just about the GPU's.

I'm not blaming anyone either.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
I've just been informed that the collection of information, needed for DPD exports to restart, has been completed and the information sent to our IT department for integration. All being well, given a bit of time for reprinting invoices etc, I'm hopeful that all Irish shipments currently held will be on their way/back in the queue in the next few days.

Associate
Then this may as well be my last post in this thread because the concerns that you speak of have been answered many times, yet people ignore
which they've been asked to make use of countless times. People continue to post up claims which are totally false and have already been explained in the previous few pages and then get upset when I call them out on it and correct their mistake.

I can't flick a switch to change who I am, I try to be helpful and despite being busy I try to check back here regularly. Answering lots of questions quickly makes it hard to mask my frustration and stress. Therefore, if you don't like my tone then it's best if I don't answer.

We've already apologised and explained in detail how this mess happened, we've already taken countless steps to ease the situation, yet we still get attacked, both personally and as a company. Please, understand that Gibbo and I have worked here for the majority of our lives, it IS our lives at times, we care a lot more about the company, our reputation and our customers than the average guy that you talk to when you contact a company.

In short;
- we're sorry, we've already admitted in detail that problems occurred and apologised so many times.
- we care and get annoyed when people accuse us of not caring because we don't have any information available to answer their question.
- I get annoyed when different people ask the same question on almost every page and get especially annoyed when they then accuse us of ignoring them even though we've answered already
- I get annoyed when people over-simplify really complex situations and then say "oh well, you should have done this", "why haven't you tried this", "ah, you see, THIS is your problem.
- It's incredibly annoying to spend precious time writing long, detailed responses to a number of questions and then within a page or two people are asking those same questions all over again.
- I'm human, I'm stressed, I'm snappy, I know that and sometimes I'm better at covering it than others. I never set out to insult people but text based communication is prone to tonal misunderstanding.
- I want to help but if people are getting upset by what I'm saying or how I'm saying it then it's best for everyone if I leave you to it.

PLEASE USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS

I believe I speak on behalf of the silent majority when I say; thank you and all of you at Overclockers, that are dealing with what amounts to be a kobayashi maru situation. You are all doing your best during a global pandemic, national lockdowns, seriously under resourced major product launches, price hikes and a political quagmire that will have repercussions to be felt for years to come.

The information the customer services team provides is good, clear and I'm sure as accurate as it can be, and despite what some say, 'I don't know' is a perfectly reasonable response.

Thank you all for your efforts.

Associate
I haven't had any problem with shipping, as I'm still 147 in the queue - I was just looking clarification as the information on NI seemed contradictory. So I was really just seeking clarification for us NI peeps but seem to have caused a whole fuss. I'm looking at monitors and a mouse right now, so it isn't just about the GPU's.

I'm not blaming anyone either.
Nah mate I dont think your causing any fus, your not the first one here I've seen from NI being confused and hopefully it'll be all sorted out soon. Really not that concerned about my order as I'm still qn 588 (only ordered about 3 months ago) so got a long ways still, but might wait a bit on my cpu for intel's 11th gen see if its worth it. Really can't catch a break in the tech market with new products launching every couple months

Associate
@ScottiB do you know if the 14 3080 masters have come in yet? No worries if you don't

Gibbo mentioned they were on their way a week ago, no updates since then and no surprise that there has been no update given current shipping delays.

I'm sure it will be mentioned as soon as they do actually arrive and get booked in...

Last edited:
Associate
Gibbo mentioned they were on their way a week ago, no updates since then and no surprise that there has been no update given current shipping delays.

I'm sure it will be mentioned as soon as they do actually arrived and get booked in...
Okie dokie, thank you

Associate
Okie dokie, thank you

Just as a helpful suggestion and as an example of how it works...

For that question you can use the search function and type 'gigabyte master' as the search terms then add 'Gibbo' and 'ScottieB' in the Posted by Member field and pick say 19th January in the Newer than field and leave Search this forum only selected.

So in a few days time if you want to check again just do that and change the date to 27th January and you'll quickly see if they have been mentioned...

Associate
Just as a helpful suggestion and as an example of how it works...

For that question you can use the search function and type 'gigabyte master' as the search terms then add 'Gibbo' and 'ScottieB' in the Posted by Member field and pick say 19th January in the Newer than field and leave Search this forum only selected.

So in a few days time if you want to check again just do that and change the date to 27th January and you'll quickly see if they have been mentioned...
Thank you

Associate
Anyway, just being a bit mischievous, no malice intended :p

... and I took it exactly how you intended :)

The current shipping issues have just been the extra straw on the camel's back recently but there is at least some light at the end of that particular tunnel now with the update ScottiB posted, and hopefully everything will be back to normal soon whichever side of the border you happen to be on.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
@ScottiB do you know if the 14 3080 masters have come in yet? No worries if you don't
Six have arrived via the distributor. The others are on a direct shipment and as I mentioned a couple of days ago, I'm aware of a sizeable Gigabyte direct shipment which has been stuck in customs for about two weeks, I'd expect every direct shipment to suffer the same issue right now.

Associate
Six have arrived via the distributor. The others are on a direct shipment and as I mentioned a couple of days ago, I'm aware of a sizeable Gigabyte direct shipment which has been stuck in customs for about two weeks, I'd expect every direct shipment to suffer the same issue right now.
Sorry to be a pain but have the 6 already gone out?

Associate
Nah mate I dont think your causing any fus, your not the first one here I've seen from NI being confused and hopefully it'll be all sorted out soon. Really not that concerned about my order as I'm still qn 588 (only ordered about 3 months ago) so got a long ways still, but might wait a bit on my cpu for intel's 11th gen see if its worth it. Really can't catch a break in the tech market with new products launching every couple months

Yeah I have a z490 strix-e that I got on 10th gen release, it's one of the better z490's so hoping it will be fine with 11th gen - so long as it's worth it of course. just have to wait and see.

Associate
£990 now for the Strix OC OMG...So glad i got my order in within 45 mins of launch :) Supply and demand i guess
I ordered within the first 82 minutes and am still ~60th in queue for the Ventus :(

What makes it worse is that if someone in my house didn't put the phone down (bank verifying a purchase) I would have ordered my card 10 minutes quicker and would have saved myself a 3-4 month wait.

Back
Top Bottom