Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Associate
It did with crypto. Times when I wanted to quit. Its taken me years to even be able to understand what I need to do to have a chance at making something from the gamification of it
I burned out of crypto a long time ago. FOMO and greed made me play stupid but now i'm wiser I don't play at all. I'm more interested in not losing than winning now.

Caporegime
WSB have manipulated the market in a blatant pump and dump. If you're earnestly buying shares with a P/E in the thousands, you shouldn't really be allowed on the platform to begin with.

It's pump and dump but people should be allowed to lose. Depends on their ts&cs I guess. If its execution only should they be 'protecting customers'

Soldato

I put a stop on my GME at $200 to protect myself which would at least see some profit and T212 did not execute until it was $122.63 so I've pretty much made **** all over the past 2 weeks

AMC is down so I'm currently at a loss of £169 because of these brokers stopping new BUY orders. Will keep that and see what happens there.

I am beyond livid as I was planning on selling at $500 so I could do some work on the house but T212 and other brokers put a stop to that.

Unbelievable.

Soldato
Just pure blind faith - backed up with 2 days worth of "trading" experience - just look at the comments below from WSB
  • Sweet discount! Just got my first 4 shares @ $203, looking forward to the start of the squeeze tomorrow
  • Holding. When I said hold till $1000 or zero I meant it
  • Here come the short covers.
  • Do not sell! Do yall not understand how a squeeze works? Even at this price we still have the advantage!!!
  • Just because nobody offers to buy my house doesn’t mean it’s worth 0 dollars. As soon as people return to the market the price will go up. What you’re seeing is a fake price.

Associate
Maybe we're just in the dip before the squeeze...

iZc3xsP
I was 15 and way too stupid to notice this happening. What's the context with VW?

Caporegime
I burned out of crypto a long time ago. FOMO and greed made me play stupid but now i'm wiser I don't play at all. I'm more interested in not losing than winning now.

Last significant win was on celo coin. Bought in, waited for the pump. Sold at 30 percent, it went further but didn't go in again.
Cashed out. Now picked another coin I think is due to moon.

Time will tell! :D

Caporegime
Just pure blind faith - backed up with 2 days worth of "trading" experience - just look at the comments below from WSB
  • Sweet discount! Just got my first 4 shares @ $203, looking forward to the start of the squeeze tomorrow
  • Do not sell! Do yall not understand how a squeeze works? Even at this price we still have the advantage!!!
  • Just because nobody offers to buy my house doesn’t mean it’s worth 0 dollars. As soon as people return to the market the price will go up. What you’re seeing is a fake price.

Even in here I was being told I didn't understand the situation.

Soldato
I've sold the rest of my holdings I hold at 212. I just won't support them. It's completely criminal.

From what I understand, this stop on buying is on Citadel.

I read that something like 40% of the trades on the US market are routed through Citadel, and they own Robinhood. They also just had to invest $3billion into Melvin to bail them out of this whole debacle.

In other words, people using a platform *owned* by Citadel, are responsible for Melvin being pummelled, which was then causing Citadel to have to invest billions into them to stop the bleeding. It's hardly a surprise they used their position to put the stoppers on Robinhood. If they let it go any further, they were going to cost themselves billions more.

Associate
Isn't that the BITCONNECT guy coming back for another beating?

Soldato
For those in the know - are there are any decent virtual trading/investing platforms that the extremely risk averse amongst us could have a play around with for a month or two to get a feel for things?

Or would you be better off diving into live accounts but just messing about with disposable pub money to start with?

Caporegime
...did you just say 'Falls'?

It isn't a pump and dump, it is people driving the stock price up as there are contracts to buy them back that Melvin will do anything to avoid buying back. It'll keep going up until Melvin run out of ways to delay, or people lose their cool and cash out. I imagine as soon as ************* cashes out, the market will react.

I believe this was the post

Soldato
I've sold, but the shares are still showing in my account and I haven't received notification that I've sold. When I click 'sell' again it tells me I have to buy it first.

I have no idea if I'm in or out!

lol
I was 15 and way too stupid to notice this happening. What's the context with VW?

Worth reading, it was similar but different. End result the same, huge ramp up and then a rapid decrease. VW were the most valuable company in the world at 1 point.

https://www.ft.com/content/0a58b63a-4294-3e07-8390-c3aabef39a26

Soldato
For those in the know - are there are any decent virtual trading/investing platforms that the extremely risk averse amongst us could have a play around with for a month or two to get a feel for things?

Or would you be better off diving into live accounts but just messing about with disposable pub money to start with?

Trading 212 let you play with free money before loading real money in :)

Soldato
If the platforms have stopped retail investors from buying, then who's buying up all the shares they're allowing them to sell?

I assume it's the institutions but you'd have to question why they'd be buying right now.

Soldato
Yep, know exactly what is going on. I'll be investing still while most will be crying over their losses gambling on this stuff :D, vowing to never touch stonks again probably, and some trying to sue the likes of Robinhood etc :p. . It's been a multi-year side career for me. But dont take all comments so seriously :).

Right now GME is unwinding all the way back down again. Gap filled. Volumes low :D. Predictable

Fair play. Probably longer than me It was just the comment earlier didn't mention anything on the short squeeze.

Back over $200 now. Going to be fun watching it play out and all the repercussions over the next few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom