Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Caporegime
Yep! Seen it!

It's a bloody joke TBH but I've not made a loss so I've just been in it for the ride.

It's just frustrating that I was up almost £4k and now have nothing.

I have my 50 AMC shares so will keep those and see what happens.

Unfortunately this happens 99% of the time, they pump up. hit peoples targets, people get greedy and want more, then when it drops:

'ill wait for it to go back to where i was going to sell' and it doesnt. before you know it you are sat on a loss to scared to sell so you hope it goes back up. (it doesnt.)

Associate
Going to be an interesting year I think. I can see a case for a repeat of the roaring 20's as we come out of COVID but also possibly the beginning of a multi-year bear market, even a depression.
The current market valuations and market participants makes me more concerned of a top.
I think this is wise. Who can know to be honest. I certainly don't. Buffet however is accumulating an enormous amount of liquid cash. He certainly expects a bear market I think.

Permabanned

Chicago-based Citadel Securities accounts for 40 of every 100 shares traded by individual investors in the US, making it the number one retail market maker, according to Piper Sandler. The company is a big buyer of customer trades from the leading US retail brokerages such as Charles Schwab and TD Ameritrade, which have slashed commissions to zero to keep up with fast-growing challengers such as Robinhood.

Citadel Securities pays tens of millions of dollars for this order flow but makes money by automatically taking the other side of the order, then returning to the market to flip the trade. It pockets the difference between the price to buy and sell, known as the spread.

Easy access to the market against the backdrop of wild swings in prices have led to higher trading volumes for stocks and options this year — increasing the raw material Citadel Securities uses to turn a profit. At the same time, the rise in volatility has forced spreads wider, increasing the potential income for market makers.

You can't beat the people who make the system.

e: also, get a paywall bypass addon for your browser! :p

Caporegime
Volume is pathetic compared to yesterday. A few people have undoubtedly been scared off by the dip, but I don't think this is indicative of what's to come.

Really? What out of interest do you think will happen?
You don't think it will stay up at these levels surely?

Genuinely interested in your view

Associate
There's going to be horror stories on this one I think .
People who have gambled waay too much knowing waaay to little

Dunning-Kruger.jpg

The Dunning Kruger monster has come out to play it seems.

Soldato
Really? What out of interest do you think will happen?
You don't think it will stay up at these levels surely?

Genuinely interested in your view

I've already covered my initial investment, so I'm a bit bullish on this, however there are still a multitude of call options expiring tomorrow. Assuming the price remains above 115 all of the call options below that will expire in the money. In the short term I feel like it'll likely still spike again, but this is in no way a permanent thing.

The question is how much of this current rise is the shorters covering their positions?

Caporegime
I've already covered my initial investment, so I'm a bit bullish on this, however there are still a multitude of call options expiring tomorrow. Assuming the price remains above 115 all of the call options below that will expire in the money. In the short term I feel like it'll likely still spike again, but this is in no way a permanent thing.

The question is how much of this current rise is the shorters covering their positions?

Ah fair.
Yes. Anything could happen in short term. Was wondering if there were any of the view this can stabilise at these levels.

Soldato
NB: I know nothing and just fanny about as if this was betting on football I know nothing about.

I read an opinion that the price was artificially driven down (how I don't get) to make it look like mass sell offs but the volumes didn't reflect that. With the goal of making people panic and sell too.

Soldato
NB: I know nothing and just fanny about as if this was betting on football I know nothing about.

I read an opinion that the price was artificially driven down (how I don't get) to make it look like mass sell offs but the volumes didn't reflect that. With the goal of making people panic and sell too.

It’s difficult to know what’s true and what’s crazy conspiracy theories isn’t it!

Caporegime

I read an opinion that the price was artificially driven down (how I don't get) to make it look like mass sell offs but the volumes didn't reflect that.

The shorters are selling borrowed stock to each other to drive the price down in an attempt to scare people into selling.

Back
Top Bottom