• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I believe I speak on behalf of the silent majority when I say; thank you and all of you at Overclockers, that are dealing with what amounts to be a kobayashi maru situation. You are all doing your best during a global pandemic, national lockdowns, seriously under resourced major product launches, price hikes and a political quagmire that will have repercussions to be felt for years to come.

The information the customer services team provides is good, clear and I'm sure as accurate as it can be, and despite what some say, 'I don't know' is a perfectly reasonable response.

Thank you all for your efforts.

Well said!

Associate
I ordered within the first 82 minutes and am still ~60th in queue for the Ventus :(

What makes it worse is that if someone in my house didn't put the phone down (bank verifying a purchase) I would have ordered my card 10 minutes quicker and would have saved myself a 3-4 month wait.

When i put my order in, Then the offical queue system came into play i was 55th...People cancelling for what ever reason i was in 19th place on the first batch on the Strix OC..Got my card mid December

Associate
Just as a helpful suggestion and as an example of how it works...

For that question you can use the search function and type 'gigabyte master' as the search terms then add 'Gibbo' and 'ScottieB' in the Posted by Member field and pick say 19th January in the Newer than field and leave Search this forum only selected.

So in a few days time if you want to check again just do that and change the date to 27th January and you'll quickly see if they have been mentioned...
Or, if your card is barely existent, you can just search for the brand name only :D

Associate
Was offered an exchange for a Palit RTX 3080 GameRock OC, called yesterday and cancelled my MSI RTX 3080 Ventus order, ordered Palit card, was shipped today. Rainbow crystal puke here I come.

Associate
Well seems its all getting sorted regarding shipping, so much ado about nothing in the end.

However... its a bit strange that all this USE THE SEARCH appears to be coming off the back of my interaction... when I was right. It was genuinely confusing as an NI customer so it was a genuine question. I did use the search, and I was avoiding contacting CS because they are busy. But I had five pieces of info, two said one thing and three said the other. Me attempting to clarify this would likely have saved CS interactions with NI customers, had it not all got sorted out on its own anyway.

So everyone should use the search, and should avoid @ing the OCUK guys, but It was a poor example to draw that line on. Again I'm not blaming anyone for the situation, but the long list of forum crimes I didn't commit, being rolled out in response to my enquiry seems a bit off the mark.

No matter, I have a thick skin and ultimately got the answer to my question...so all good.

Associate
I've been stuck at #216 in the Eagle OC queue for the last 2 weeks, having ordered around 4:30pm on launch day, and the queue movement seems to be slowing every week. When the new batch of 3D Printers came along, I thought I'd avail myself of a 6800 XT. Got my new toy delivered 2 days ago, and having spent 2 days of very frustrating effort I am now RMA'ing it as there is no output through the DP ports.
Thankfully I haven't cancelled my original Eagle OC order, as I'm guessing I'm now going to be waiting at least a month for either card (although, let's be honest, the 3080 won't get here until May/June). Not sure which I'd rather have anymore - AMD for the 16gb Vram, Nvidia for the DLSS and RT, although my heart is still with team green....

My point of posting is just to say, test everything before you cancel if you get a card from elsewhere or swap brands.

Associate
Just wanted to ask about the 3080 TUF, specifically the non-OC version. I've looked around the forum and a lot of the conversation is surrounding the OC version, but can anyone confirm whether the non-OC has been discontinued? Wanted to ask given it's relative lack of availability and some forum threads saying the card has been discontinued in favour of only the OC version at the now-higher prices.

OcUK Staff
Just wanted to ask about the 3080 TUF, specifically the non-OC version. I've looked around the forum and a lot of the conversation is surrounding the OC version, but can anyone confirm whether the non-OC has been discontinued? Wanted to ask given it's relative lack of availability and some forum threads saying the card has been discontinued in favour of only the OC version at the now-higher prices.

If you look at the sticky thread you will see a few of the card you mention is due in next week.

Associate
Hi guys .so finaly i might get my asus 3080 tuf ,im 61 in the cue.20 card this week and 50 next week due .so finger crossed. i ordered on the release date 4:45 .its been a few months that i havnt played any game as i sold my 2080 in hope to get 3080.cant wait guys.

Associate
If you look at the sticky thread you will see a few of the card you mention is due in next week.
My bad, thanks for the clarification. Thanks again for putting up with all of the 30-series nonsense, I've watched the forum thread for a while and to say it's been hell for you guys at OC looks like an understatement.

Associate
Looks like us gigabyte folks definitely backed the wrong horse. All I see is lines of Asus.
The only reason I went with the gigabyte eagle is because it said in stock. I'm a clown.

Back
Top Bottom