Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
How did the other UK brokers hold up? I can still get it on HL but T212 is dead. I’ll be leaving them this tax year now, shame as the pie and fractional system is great.

Free Trade app has allowed me to buy the dips all day apart from at the very first open of the market.

Freetrade is only an app though so not great. Who wants to look at charts and search for shares on a small screen. Saying that I opened an account after an invite from a friend. Only Freetrade Plus which is the ISA though allows you to buy everything.

eToro allowed trading of GME but the interface is terrible. It's like an old computer game.

IG partially allowed trading of GME, and remained mostly stable.

Caporegime
Lots of big names commenting on this situtation with Robin Hood now. AOC on board. This entire event could genuinely bring about some positive change. Well, hopefully...

Soldato
Lots of big names commenting on this situtation with Robin Hood now. AOC on board. This entire event could genuinely bring about some positive change. Well, hopefully...

It’s a broad spectrum, AOC, Rashida and Omar as well as Ted Cruz and Donald Trump Jr, all agreeing. It’s crazy.

Caporegime
How did the other UK brokers hold up? I can still get it on HL but T212 is dead. I’ll be leaving them this tax year now, shame as the pie and fractional system is great.

I wouldn't use those places if you want to take short-term punts etc.. go directly with IB or get a US broker aimed at active traders if you really want to play around with this stuff.

Main Street apps wouldn’t let people buy whilst they allowed Wall Street to to carry on buying as the stock fell to cover their short traded, this is corruption. I knew the game was rigged but for it to be this blatant heads must roll.

Or maybe "Wall Street" doesn't trade via those "Main Stream" apps... (aside from, in some cases, taking the other side of customer order flow).

We're talking about public exchanges here - a pause in trading on a given exchange applies to all, some given individual app on the other hand is your own problem.

Soldato
I wimped out and sold mine at the top of the boom earlier. Had a few Shares in us and de gme and managed to make couple hundred quid for a few hours work so cannot grumble. Takes 3 days for withdraw though so got to wait :D

Caporegime
It just cannot drop from 320 to 265 instantly it’s ********.

Of course it can, especially if a bunch of the redditors don't have access.

Surely just depends on the reason for the freeze.. if the market maker has a provision in their contract to not provide liquidity in certain events then meh... Robinhood relies upon selling order flow AFAIK, they don't route orders to pubic exchanges. If you want a US broker that routes orders to public exchanges then you'll tend to need to pay commission.

Soldato
I wimped out and sold mine at the top of the boom earlier. Had a few Shares in us and de gme and managed to make couple hundred quid for a few hours work so cannot grumble. Takes 3 days for withdraw though so got to wait :D

You're a winner, not a wimp. Now sit back and watch these WSB goons lose it all....

Soldato
Great explanation Benzinga with a guy from Webull on share clearing and why GME has been blocked on a lot of the platforms in the US. To do with the margins that DTC (which over 90% of shares go through) is charging the clearing houses.

Not sure what the situation is with UK clearing though.

Soldato
Sold out of AMC at just over 5k profit.

(Nevermind that I could've taken 15k(ish) but whatever)

GME my 10k order never went through and I didn't catch it as was asleep here in Sheep Country. Probably just as well.

BB I'm holding. I've maintained from the start that this is a long play for me. I'll double my investment but want the price to stabilize first. We're still in YOLO country on that price and I expect further drops.

I've been tempted by UMC for a while now so will have a sniff around that.

Don't know what else to put my money to at this stage.

Back
Top Bottom