MSI Ryzen Motherboard Users - Dragon Centre

Soldato
About to get an MSI B550M Mortar board. I'm new to Ryzen.

I'm not remotely interested in overclocking this but I do want to see temps, see processor voltage and speed and if possible select a cooling profile (which I would normally do in BIOS, e.g. ASUS QFan)

Does anyone use Dragon Centre for this, or the Ryzen Master software instead ? Of course I'm familiar with CPU-Z and Core-Temp which gives some of the above information as well.

Caporegime
Set fan profile in the BIOS, use Afterburner or HWINFO for temps and usage. Uninstall garbage MSI software that causes all sorts of trouble and is even known to throttle your LAN connection too.

Soldato
OP
At some point if I update the BIOS in future - what is the best way on these newer boards? I'm used to doing it off a USB drive but it has been 5+ years since I've done this. Is it a matter of booting into the BIOS and selecting an option in there to update it ?

Soldato
OP
At some point if I update the BIOS in future - what is the best way on these newer boards? I'm used to doing it off a USB drive but it has been 5+ years since I've done this. Is it a matter of booting into the BIOS and selecting an option in there to update it ?

OK this is covered in the manual :)

Very nice option also to capture a screen shot of the BIOS settings to a flash drive.

Associate
i installed dragon centre for about 5 minutes then uninstalled. I noticed my broadband speed was more than half what is should be, turns out it installs some broadband management software called cFosSpeed that messes with download speeds.

interesting read here, annoying thing is if you delete cfos it re-installs itself when you restart your pc.

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/f69j95/do_not_install_msi_dragon_center_ever/

Caporegime
How do people control the lighting on their motherboards if they remove dragon center? Only reason I have it installed as can't control it any other way and the open source ones I've tried don't work for me. MSI b450 tomahawk

Caporegime
How do people control the lighting on their motherboards if they remove dragon center? Only reason I have it installed as can't control it any other way and the open source ones I've tried don't work for me. MSI b450 tomahawk
You could give OpenRGB a go? It seems direct linking isn't allowed. google it.

Soldato
OP
Ah yes, the lighting is staggeringly bright on mine so was wanting to adjust that. Ill look at these options. Dragon Centre was pre-installed and is not causing me any issues so far, so if it can be done in there all well and good.

Soldato
OP
OK I've only been up and running 24 hrs, but I'm happy simply with CoreTemp and Dragon Centre. The latter was pre-installed and so far it has not given me any issues. The Ryzen is so fast at default settings I don't see any need at all to try and overclock the CPU or RAM.

It is going so well, I probably won't do any BIOS updates either in future unless there is a specific issue. It it ain't broke... I've seen so may posts with people having problems getting memory working at 3200 or above, last thing I want is a BIOS flash and I lose the working settings and have a no-boot. The machine was delivered with the RAM running correctly at 3200.

Soldato
Can't say ive noticed issues with dragon center, I uninstalled everything it came with except mystic light so now all i have is gaming mode, user scenario, monitor and mystic light.

just got to be careful when updating it because it insists on reinstalling all the other junk.

Soldato
OP
i installed dragon centre for about 5 minutes then uninstalled. I noticed my broadband speed was more than half what is should be, turns out it installs some broadband management software called cFosSpeed that messes with download speeds.

interesting read here, annoying thing is if you delete cfos it re-installs itself when you restart your pc.

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/f69j95/do_not_install_msi_dragon_center_ever/

Easy enough to remove that component. In Dragon Centre, choose support and System Info. It lists the modules that are there, that one is called Lan Manager. Click the rubbish bin beside it and it uninstalls and never returns.

Back
Top Bottom