Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
There needs to be really

Like the $4Trillion of debt that is already propping up the already overpriced (considering there's a pandemic) market ? At this point I doubt it would make a difference, when the crash comes eventually and it's going to come you can be sure of that it's a matter of when not if, it's going to hurt a lot more than covid is hurting us

I'm fully aware, but at least those "overpriced" stocks like Amazon/Google/Netflix run a business where the market deems them good at allocating capital, land and labour. GME does not.

You say 'considering there is a pandemic' and 'overpriced stocks' but are APPL, MSFT, AMZN etc.. really overpriced? During the pandemic, and some because of it, they've been raking in the cash, smashing sales and growth records.

Permabanned
The people in this thread moaning about Hargreaves are morons - this is a platform that was recommending Neil Woodford even after his fund became a total basket case and now you're doing Pikachu-face.jpg that you're not being allowed to close out your trash positions? Are you for real?

I'm fully aware, but at least those "overpriced" stocks like Amazon/Google/Netflix run a business where the market deems them good at allocating capital, land and labour. GME does not.

Exactly, they're called the 'Blockbuster of video games' and not for a flattering reason!

Soldato
Good luck to all those still involved in GME and any others....

Genuinely hope it works out for you all.....

I'm going back to medium to long term investments/holdings via my SIPP/ISA

Associate
Gonna be an interesting one tomorrow if the rumour that a lot of short options expire is true.

Looks like GME is back up to 300+ after hours, wonder what it will open at

Caporegime
The people in this thread moaning about Hargreaves are morons - this is a platform that was recommending Neil Woodford even after his fund became a total basket case and now you're doing Pikachu-face.jpg that you're not being allowed to close out your trash positions? Are you for real?

Their recommendations have little to do with how well their tech stack/online platform performs tbh... I certainly wouldn't rely on them or the likes of trading212 for any short-term punts etc.. but that has nothing to do with being miffed at Woodford.

Soldato
You did the exact right thing mate.

Look at that price.

Tomorrow is the day where they have to buy.

I'm a little bit jealous I didn't to be honest!

Tbh, it's purely a punt. There's good sentiment around Friday and Monday so I'm hoping for my shares to double or triple tomorrow, potentially cash out and have a good weekend.

Soldato
https://www.theverge.com/2021/1/28/22255245/google-deleting-bad-robinhood-reviews-play-store

Google is actively removing negative reviews of the Robinhood app from the Google Play Store, the company confirmed to The Verge. After some disgruntled Robinhood users organized campaigns to give the app a one-star review on Google’s Play Store and Apple’s App Store — and succeeded in review-bombing it all the way down to a one-star rating — the company has now deleted enough reviews to bring it back up to nearly four stars.

They were probably all legit reviews, talk about screwing people when they're down when they can't even complain about a shady service lol

https://www.theverge.com/2021/1/28/22255245/google-deleting-bad-robinhood-reviews-play-store

They were probably all legit reviews, talk about screwing people when they're down when they can't even complain about a shady service lol
Bloody hell. I don't believe in this big collusion, but this sure does look like one. What reason could Google have to do that? Legit users most likely all leaving reviews, regardless of it being a purposeful effort, it was legit. I can't see this going too well, as there will be many ****** customers still happy to leave their review

Soldato

People need to pay attention to this, if we have only experiencing gamma squeezes and not the actual closing of short positions (which people are saying the hedge funds are lying about doing to get the stock to go down so they can actually close their short positions, plus it would take them 6 days from yesterday to do it).

This could mean we haven't even seen anything close to a peak.

Diamond hands could pay off big big time.

Soldato
Less of the political cheering/jeering please. Go to other threads/SC for that.

A lot of it is going to be relevant, due to the regulations and political consequences being reflected in the stock market, what with the criminal manipulation of the market by stopping people being able to buy whilst allowing the hedge fund owners to do so.

Man of Honour
A lot of it is going to be relevant, due to the regulations and political consequences being reflected in the stock market, what with the criminal manipulation of the market by stopping people being able to buy whilst allowing the hedge fund owners to do so.

That's obviously relevant, I'm very aware of the situation. "AOC is queen" is not so relevant :p. The purpose behind my post was to steer the ship, not reprimand anyone.

You've got to see where I'm coming from. We don't need this turning in to a politics thread, my point is please try to keep it strictly relevant as politics has an awful habit of turning very bad very fast, destroying otherwise perfectly good threads.

Soldato
The redditors will just not give up that easy. Each move is just ******* them off more and more.

Incredibly shady goings on at RH though. Hopefully a class action comes of this, and hopefully it's not the last campaign of it's kind.

Back
Top Bottom