**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S21 Family Thread ****

Associate
So far impressed with the phone however hope the battery improves on the s21 ultra.

Obviously it's still learning / optimising but the note 20 Ultra seemed a lot better even at this stage. With a smaller battery cell.

As I copied from my Snap Dragon Note 20 ultra I've most of my settings , cannot see any apps that are draining significant amounts of battery.

Just over 4 hours of SOT time with no gaming, some surfing, emails , YouTube etc. My note 20 Ultra SD would be getting 7.5 - 8 hours easily

That'll be why. You've restored a backup. If you started fresh the results would be different/better.

Associate
Soldato
I can't believe I've just dropped a grand on a phone! Just snuck in at 2356 to guarantee the freebies! Phantom black 256GB ultra :)

It should prove a nice upgrade from my s9! Hopefully it doesn't feel too chunky!

Associate
I can't believe I've just dropped a grand on a phone! Just snuck in at 2356 to guarantee the freebies! Phantom black 256GB ultra :)

It should prove a nice upgrade from my s9! Hopefully it doesn't feel too chunky!

Also gone for a black 256gb Ultra and coming from an S9, size does concern me a bit but will have to see!

Soldato
My ultra arrived yesterday, coming from the s10 it's huge! And a little on the heavy side but I'm getting used to it. Haven't had much of a chance to test it out properly yet though

Associate
Well, my s21 ultra(512 Silver) Arrived at 8.15 this morning. just append the box and sat it on the wireless charger for now. Anyone who got there's from EE do you know how to claim the controller and 12 months Xbox pass pls. And do you claim the earbuds ect through the Samsungs members ect as per normal?

Associate
Really impressed with the Buds pro and the smart tag , the smart tag is a great freebie as I'm always losing my car keys around the house ;o) Really good that you can tell your phone to start the tag ringing thus finding keys easy

Overall a very worthwhile upgrade with all the freebies.

One questions is why is the S20 Ultra so thick, next to the Note 20 Ultra it's noticeably thicker. It has a bigger battery but it also doesn't have to have a slot to put a stylus in so that should have got them the extra space. Love the phone, just an observation.

Camera housing is pretty similar

Soldato
Well, my s21 ultra(512 Silver) Arrived at 8.15 this morning. just append the box and sat it on the wireless charger for now. Anyone who got there's from EE do you know how to claim the controller and 12 months Xbox pass pls. And do you claim the earbuds ect through the Samsungs members ect as per normal?

You claim the buds through samsung, EE text me a link, https://20203.samsungpromotions.claims/janpreorder-phone/en-GB

Regarding the xbox pass etc i dont have this on my plan but i believe its on their website under my ee, add ons and benefits then smart benefits

Soldato
Had my Earbuds, case, and Smart tag delivered on Tuesday......Still no phone delivered directly from Samsung, still stuck on processing order and I ordered the day it when live...Thanks Samsung!:rolleyes:

Associate
My freebies are showing as ship by 31st. But I ordered the Titanium and that's showing as "Customising, Ships by Jan 28th 2021" - I doubt the second bit's true. I'm probably going to sell the freebies to off-set the cost of the phone, as the most I've ever spent in the past is half this!

EDIT: Someone has claimed that the custom colours cannot be returned. Has anyone else read that?

Last edited:
Soldato
My freebies are showing as ship by 31st. But I ordered the Titanium and that's showing as "Customising, Ships by Jan 28th 2021" - I doubt the second bit's true. I'm probably going to sell the freebies to off-set the cost of the phone, as the most I've ever spent in the past is half this!

The "free" earbuds were a selling point for me as i've been looking at getting some for months

Associate
Can anyone explain how the phone trade in works with Samsung? I got my S21 ultra yesterday and no details were in the box re. return shipping, do i get an email through or something else in the post ?

Back
Top Bottom