Missing DirectX Runtime

Soldato
Hey all,

Today I installed a nice clean install of Windows 10 Pro. I've just installed MSI Afterburner with the Riverstats program, and when I got to the end of the install it warned me that the monitoring software might not work as I am missing required DirectX Runtimes.

I assume these are usually things that are installed when you install certain games, but I have all my games installed on a seperate SSD, so these sorts of things won't have been installed (to be honest, I assumed Windows Update would do the legwork, but it seems all up to date).

In DXDiag it shows I have DirectX 12 installed, so I'm not sure what to install from here - does anyone have any ideas?

I don't know what's happening regarding DirectX, but when I try the web install site it's showing 404 Error. I've also downloaded the DirectX Setup file and it fails mid-install with "Setup could not download the file.".

So yeah... I'm a bit miffed :p

Thanks,
Marky

Soldato
Search your games drive for dxsetup.exe. I have copies in my GTA5 and Crysis (steam version) folders.

Failing that, you typically want directx9 june 2010 runtimes which might narrow down your search online.

Soldato
OP
Search your games drive for dxsetup.exe. I have copies in my GTA5 and Crysis (steam version) folders.

Failing that, you typically want directx9 june 2010 runtimes which might narrow down your search online.

Cheers Marc! I found loads of dxsetup's on my SSD and installing one of them has fixed the issue :) Thanks a lot for your help :)

Back
Top Bottom