Games for 3 year olds

Soldato
At the moment my son is into Don't Starve, but he keeps starving and the Duck Game which he's also not very good at. I end up letting him shoot me execution style.

I really need to find him some more suitable games. Ideally ones that don't have annoying small child music.

Soldato
At the moment my son is into Don't Starve, but he keeps starving and the Duck Game which he's also not very good at. I end up letting him shoot me execution style.

I really need to find him some more suitable games. Ideally ones that don't have annoying small child music.

Does he really need to be gaming at 3 years old?

Christ what have we come to...

:rolleyes:

Associate

I played Mario Karts with my nieces from around 4ish. They also played Minecraft alone on peaceful. They weren't good at either but they had fun. I'm fairly sure the Switch version of Mario Kart can be set with some pretty good driving assists.

Soldato
Wow some judgemental replies in here!
Now my lad is a bit older we are messing about with games like Mario etc and today he has asked if he can try Minecraft (he is 5)

At 3 I tended to focus on touch screen gaming with an educational slant that helped him count or learn alphabet or simple words.

Teach your monster to read is a good game on android tho, 3 may be a bit young. It's a game with jumping mechanics and simple hand eye coordination stuff but also helps them learn reading too.
Also stuff like playtime island or get creative.

He also enjoyed where's my water...I had to do a lot of it but he managed some of it to

Soldato
My son is 4 and loves wobbly life on pc.

Likes halo on xbox I just stick it on firefight so he can do it for the most part. He also likes injustice 2

Lego games are a good go to he enjoys the batman ones

Soldato
My son loves VR, the whale encounter and underwater ones in particular. It's just basically looking and walking around.

Otherwise he likes TF2 but 3 is too young for FPS.

In the real world get him a 'stomp rocket' - trust me they're great fun!

Soldato
For those judging about kids gaming at 3 years old. All children have a burning to desire to copy their parents. When they see you playing games then they want to have a turn too so if you can find a game where you can share the experience together then that's a nice experience for both parent and child.

Soldato
Try going old school.

Something from the 16bit era like Castle of Illusion or Sonic.
So whilst I play most of it and my lad watches (not a bad deal for me) I have played through all the nes and SNES Mario's, the 16 bit.bombermab, donkey Kong country , the dizzy egg games, Kirby on the SNES and some others. He absolutely adores them. We are now onto the more recent Wii/wiiu/switch games skipping the N64 I think.

I was never a console gamer as a kid (speccy /Amiga then PC man , my 1st. Console was a psx) but I am now a bit of a Nintendo IP fanboy it turns out..

Perhaps over 30 years too late but I am definitely in the SNES camp in the SNES vs megadrive argument.

Soldato
Perhaps over 30 years too late but I am definitely in the SNES camp in the SNES vs megadrive argument.

Reasons? Have you tried Megadrive gaming?
I've owned both and im still 50/50 SNES Megadrive. Some of the games for SNES are fantastic - Mario, Mario Kart, FZero, Donkey kong country but the Megadrive has a much more varied selection of game and does arcade ports better.
I have a Megadrive hooked up at the moment in the lounge.
SNES games do look more colourful and 'nice' but the Megadrive with it's more powerful hardware pull off some fantastic arcade ports - Virtual Racing and Virtua Fighter 2 as good examples. It also handles parallax scrolling much better hence more games like Sonic, Shinobi and Shadow of the Beast
I was an Amiga kid too but friends had Megadrives and SNES'. I didnt get a SNES myself until I was 19, Megadrive a few years later. They hold their value well today if you buy and sell at the right price

Back on topic though, a 3 year old gaming?? I do think Mario games would be good for young kids but 3 is probably too young

Back
Top Bottom