Best games?

Soldato
I found ATOM RPG very enjoyable. That's one you've probably missed as it's from a small Russian developer and not very well known. For a quick rough idea, imagine a Russian game like Fallout/Fallout 2 (but with modern graphics, obviously, as it's a recent game). It might well be the best game I've played in the last couple of years. Almost certainly the best value for money since its full price was (and is) £11. I liked it enough to give the devs extra money for the "supporters pack", which is just a way to give the devs extra money if you want to (and explicitly labelled as that - you get an ingame knife and outfit for it, but it's not macrotransactions BS). They're working on the sequel at the moment - Trudograd. It's on early access now, but I'm going to wait until it's finished. Unlike some companies, this one actually finishes a game before saying it's the release version.

EDIT: To clarify, the game isn't in Russian (unless you want it to be). The setting is Russian, but the game is fully (and competently) translated to English with one exception - signs on buildings in the gameworld are in Russian. Which doesn't matter and it would be jarring if English signs were put there instead.

Might have to give that a go. Looks like the type of thing I'd enjoy.

Man of Honour
Might have to give that a go. Looks like the type of thing I'd enjoy.

A few people (including me) talked about it in more detail a couple of years ago. It might be handy to read the short thread (39 posts) to pick up some details before playing the game. Things like UI details that can be missed (e.g. I didn't initially know how to scroll the world map - you have to right click while you have the world map up) and some details about character builds that you wouldn't otherwise know in the early game.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/threads/atom-rpg.18840991/

Soldato
A few people (including me) talked about it in more detail a couple of years ago. It might be handy to read the short thread (39 posts) to pick up some details before playing the game. Things like UI details that can be missed (e.g. I didn't initially know how to scroll the world map - you have to right click while you have the world map up) and some details about character builds that you wouldn't otherwise know in the early game.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/threads/atom-rpg.18840991/

Ok I bought it this morning, will try it later if I get a chance.

I play PUBG as my main game, but been playing Wasteland 3, I got it on Cdkeys half price still £25 I think, I can't believe they want AAA price for that game, it's not great, plus bugs. I'm near the end and I can't even be bothered to finish it. I wish I had bought it on steam I would have refunded it.

I'll let you know how I get on, I loved the original 2 fallout games.

Man of Honour
Ok I bought it this morning, will try it later if I get a chance.

I play PUBG as my main game, but been playing Wasteland 3, I got it on Cdkeys half price still £25 I think, I can't believe they want AAA price for that game, it's not great, plus bugs. I'm near the end and I can't even be bothered to finish it. I wish I had bought it on steam I would have refunded it.

I'll let you know how I get on, I loved the original 2 fallout games.

I thought that Wasteland 2 (I got the Director's Cut version) was a much better game than Wasteland 3. Should be much cheaper than 3, of course. But maybe 3 would put you off 2.

Man of Honour
A few more from my "owned, finished, uninstalled" list:

This War Of Mine
Flatout
Flatout 2
King's Bounty: The Legend
King's Bounty: Crossworlds
King's Bounty: Dark Side

This War Of Mine is a brutal, ugly survival game based on the siege of Sarajevo but applicable to other such grotesque events in war.

The others are just for a bit if fun. Cheap as chips nowadays. Flatout 1 and 2 especially. They're well made and there is absolutely nothing in the slightest bit serious about them.

wnb

wnb

Soldato
Factorio and Satisfactory are very good also we have new contender released a few week ago called Dyson Sphere Programme.

Back
Top Bottom