• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Probably Cyberpunk for me.
I could try it just now but my old 7970 might just give up altogether. :)

Haha I know the feeling, I have an 750Ti at the moment and I'm 99% sure the pc is angry at me for making it load the website I used to order its replacement, Its getting worse by the day so I think loading up any games more testing on it than WoW might just about kill it off :p

Although that said it's even struggling with that at times now, poor thing. In it's defense it's a solid 7/8 years old now or there abouts so fair play to it I suppose- You'd think it would be happy to be retired!

Associate
Haha I know the feeling, I have an 750Ti at the moment and I'm 99% sure the pc is angry at me for making it load the website I used to order its replacement, Its getting worse by the day so I think loading up any games more testing on it than WoW might just about kill it off :p

Although that said it's even struggling with that at times now, poor thing. In it's defense it's a solid 7/8 years old now or there abouts so fair play to it I suppose- You'd think it would be happy to be retired!

I thought I was badly off with my 970, for reasons that are to complicated to in to I am using my i7 2600k again ATM, so I am basically using the same machine I was 2 years ago when I upgraded.

Associate
TUF 3080 position 39 :eek:
Wasn't sure if I was going to be getting this card before my child arrives in April; can at least get a few hours of ultra quality gaming before my PC becomes an ornament!

When I ordered I thought ha ha bet I'll still be waiting Christmas, obviously thinking I'd have it well before, and now I am thinking like you thatI'll be lucky to get it by my birthday mid April, I'm position 259

Associate
Cheer up, buttercups!

In the spirit of keeping things happier- I'm curious to know, what's the FIRST game everyone is going to load up and drool at when they get their shiny new GPU's? ^^

I think mine will be ARK, It would be great to see my baby dinosaurs without the game running and looking like something said dinosaurs pooped out! :p
Probably Control followed by Metro Exodus and then Cyberpunk 2077. Holding off Cyberpunk to allow time for CDPR to work their patch magic (historically just like every other game they've released lol).

Btw any Wing Commander fans here? https://wcrespace.com/ <- Wing Commander IV remaster mod WIP :O

Associate
Probably Control followed by Metro Exodus and then Cyberpunk 2077. Holding off Cyberpunk to allow time for CDPR to work their patch magic (historically just like every other game they've released lol).

Btw any Wing Commander fans here? https://wcrespace.com/ <- Wing Commander IV remaster mod WIP :O
Wing Commander IV was a great game, but I preferred the Privateer version. Would be great if they re-booted that too.
Ark is a great choice, but my 980 already runs it great at 1440 on high settings, but it would be good to play with increased framerates.
I will probably run Cyberpunk which my 980 is playable on, just, but check out the ray tracing followed by shadow of the tomb raider to also check out the ray tracing.
However, ~550 in the TUF queue so I still have a long wait.

If you have a problem with my tone then I'll happily remove the forums from my daily activities list, I'm only here because of the complaints about lack of responses. Graphics cards are one part of OcUK's business that aren't my responsibility after all. All I ask is that this thread doesn't descend into the vile anti-Gibbo hate session that it was when I first started posting. Nobody deserves that, especially him.

@ScottiB When the buns overcooked, take it out of the oven - take a break.
After reading all that, you need a few weeks under the sun - nevermind off of what is essentially a customer helpdesk. So yes, remove it from your schedule unless you really enjoy it.

Using yourself as a human dam is likely not the best for anyone - @Gibbo shouldn't do the same either. The value it adds at this stage is little - as you said you're simply repeating yourself on matters you cannot change.

Post shipment updates sounds like a fine service to maintain with minimal interaction.

As for the email sent to ROI customers, I think it was pretty ambiguous in it's wording, so I'm not really surprised that some ROI customers who don't follow this thread didn't know exactly what was happening. RachelsCorporateLife seems to be one of those people, so I bet she didn't expect, nor had the context for the hostile response.

Pretty much, I appear whenever I need something - too much work to do anything otherwise.

Shame the North is getting lumped in with the South. The goods are for consumption there so shouldn't require customs documents, at least legally. But then again I'm from Co. Down originally and I'm not really surprised, we thought our businesses up there might get a golden double market deal - but its quite the opposite.
I can see why the unionists are -more- grumpy than normal!

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
So let me get this straight, I didn't have the money on launch day for a Asus Rog Strick 3080 Oc so I had to wait till I did. I'm finally one day away from get paid enough to order one just for them to stop allowing orders that day, and during the time I've been waiting for them to become available they've increase the price twice I believe it is now. Look, I understand supply and demand but this is starting to take the absolute mick. Like I didn't even have a chance to order one before the price was increased by ~10% and I've been waiting for a chance well before Christmas. Seems like the only thing patience is going to be rewarded with is increased prices, thanks for the bigger hole in my bank account if they ever actually do become available.
Put simply, high demand on pretty much all electrical items during lock down = limited supply on even the most basic components such as capacitors, buffer stocks dry up, so pricing of those components goes up.
High demand for shipping containers mean that shipping companies, shipping agents & ports can increase pricing ten fold and still not put companies off, those costs have to be passed on.

we've been told to expect more price increases next month because costs are still increasing.

Associate
One thing is clear, it is not likely to be OcUK making millions. Take into consideration that it is really difficult to buy enough parts to make a full computer and media are recommending holding off for now. I am sure, that this is putting a lot of strain on all electronics and PC r/etailers financially affecting turnover. Couple that with price increases, the cash built up from backorders already be showing as a debt on the books, may not cover the full cost of all the cards so is a real liability. With the interest rates so low, even on the £millions we are talking about, it will not cover £50-£100 increase per card.

PS. I think this is a testament of the value OcUK see their customers honouring the backorder situation and keeping up the expense of this forum and the information we are being provided.

Last edited:
Associate
Flight Sim 2020. I have a GTX1080 and loving it, although I have scaling set at 60 and low graphics.

FS2020 is already awesome in VR, and a 3080 should double the visuals for me. I can't wait!

Same! My 1080ti has been struggling with Flight Sim but it has been a lot of fun. Trouble is, I know very little about VR except that Occulus requires you have a Fb account (which I haven't used in 3 years) and the reverb 2 is obviously out of stock. My bank balance can't handle me going for one of the Vive's after dropping nearly £5k on this new rig - thanks to lockdown, I was able to save.

Aside from Flight Sim, would probably give Cyberpunk another playthrough. Would like to see what the fuss is about with Control but will probably wait on a sale for that. I want to also say Minecraft 4k but everyone knows that nothing can run that!

We all want our cards, yes waiting sucks but it's just something we all need to deal with as best we can. We the customers and even OCUK are in uncharted waters right now and it's up to the community as a whole to keep the ship upright.

Cheer up, buttercups!

In the spirit of keeping things happier- I'm curious to know, what's the FIRST game everyone is going to load up and drool at when they get their shiny new GPU's? ^^

I couldn't have said it better myself. While I can understand everyone's frustration, it's not OC's fault. What is going on in the world is unprecedented; a global pandemic, various lockdown's around the world, shipping problems, component shortages, Brexit causing mischief, the 'Nintendo' strategy for a GPU release compounded by multiple versions, and, a perfect storm of multiple electronic releases happening around the same time. i.e. new consoles, CPU's, competitor GPUs etc.......oh, and finally, Bots!
Yes, communication could have been better in those early days, but, both ScottiB and Gibbo are doing their best to keep people informed.

It is funny to see how the forum calms down after an announcement, followed by the multitude of specific queries to ScottiB and Gibbo, and finally, followed by downright anger. Yes, OC has taken our money but you are getting a card. You do have the option to cancel if you feel that you can find one elsewhere and that's your right. The OC staff are not in a warehouse rolling around in everyone's money, they are trying to fulfil all orders whilst also trying to ensure their workspace is safe in this covid-world. I'm not going to lie, I have been frustrated since launch that I'm in a queue as I have an ageing PC (with a very angry 1080ti) that I bought from OC in 2017, and was committed to trying my hand at building my own with water-cooling. Then, I realised that I was still waiting for other parts from various companies and should simply be patient.

Try and be patient. The team are doing the best that they can.

Back
Top Bottom