Advice on Parts for my Case

Man of Honour
OP
Have you applied the fix to your case to reduce the risk of fire before you use it? https://youtu.be/9XIKOSrQdQ0

Thank you ASMB for checking that with me. I did know about this and the case is arriving today and I'm hoping it's already been done. I read that a lot of cases have now been corrected by the manufactuerer. I did reach out to them and ask them for the fix though yesterday just in case.

Thank you for the other advice, I still have storage to buy. Would you recommend the 970 evo? And the RAM you have looks to be perfect for me too?

Soldato
Would you recommend the 970 evo? And the RAM you have looks to be perfect for me too?
If you can source them (afraid forum rules dictate i can't link) - Crucial Ballistix 16GB 3600 MHz is quality e-die memory with excellent timings and works out cheaper thna the 3200MHz set (3600 MHz an ideal for 5000 series). They have tight timings for 3600MHz memory, slutty and will usually allow their settings to be tweaked (there's a large thread within the memory forum on this if you want to play).

The 970 EVO is not worth the premium - the quality WD Blue, with 5 year guarantee, will have no discernible speed difference in everyday use. I would put the money saved towards the better CPU - if you're still undecided - or pocket the savings.

Associate
Thank you ASMB for checking that with me. I did know about this and the case is arriving today and I'm hoping it's already been done. I read that a lot of cases have now been corrected by the manufactuerer. I did reach out to them and ask them for the fix though yesterday just in case.

Thank you for the other advice, I still have storage to buy. Would you recommend the 970 evo? And the RAM you have looks to be perfect for me too?

I see that the ram issue has been covered above.

I got the 970 evo plus as I wanted a nvme with a quoted longer life span and dram for my primary drive as I got fed up with drives failing. I wasn't as worried about the 2nd nvme as it just contains my steam library, the size of that mattered more to me.

The gigabyte board can take 2 nvme drives, I would recommend this as good balance between lifespan and price for a primary drive on Overclockers as long as you have a second drive to also take some of the wear and tear. If you are only going to have one drive I would usually recommend the 1TB version unless you are sure 500GB will be enough for your use
▷ WD Black 500GB SN750 M.2 2280 NVME PCI-E Gen3… | OcUK (overclockers.co.uk)

Video on dram less drives https://youtu.be/ybIXsrLCgdM

Last edited:
Associate

Don't know if you have seen this
https://youtu.be/fjUscSRLwks

Back
Top Bottom