The "New Gear/Willy Waving" thread

Associate
I feel a bit of a d**k even asking this but I've just rec'd a wrist strap for an X-E2s - it has a regular brass ring to attach tothe camera and also thin nylon cord with an O ring. Is this just a "safety net" in case of failure? Thanks.

Associate
No lens or memory card, so all I've been able to do is attach a strap and charge the battery. :D Speaking of which, I don't like the on camera battery charging port. The cover doesn't swivel out of the way properly, so when you put the camera down it places undue force on the cover and cable - something's gonna give. :(

y4mDKj8uq7pPLwp-iThiBzZSUW6CJ6Nl340nFqy0iB0_MmycLkRnSGckPB8WfGGylPdGqAYhsowG5zIv-sF4rVlwdm7lNl1MfMbNWdD1HICH5t5up0QDhLeAcdkVWsJFh7scY1voat7pgKdOThoIyGyGqSBxFqDN4IPXTCA9ZkJRyo5h2HjQvF0v6AdHcWUKpzq

Last edited:
Associate
It was, yes. :D

I saw the video and had a very quick fiddle with the magnet, but need a proper look later tonight.

It's very nicely made and I appreciate good packaging, but at the same time feel it's such a waste for something that will end up stored in the loft, or even in the bin.

Man of Honour
New indoor portrait / street portrait lighting kit. Was posted on FB Marketplace, unwanted gift so brand new unopened. I bought one only as don't need 2, offered £65, offer accepted :cool:

ModellingLightingNeewer.jpg

Very bright and the battery packs are massive. The thing that makes it an even better steal at £65 is that it comes with the battery packs and dual chargers, don't think the seller realised that these are extra cost options :D

It gets bright, very bright.

Last edited:
Soldato
New toy, replaced the A7R. Love it so far, lightning fast and accurate AF, about the same weight as my A7R was but a bit smaller with a bigger battery and IBIS what's not to like.

B0NuE99.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
I finally got around to buying the Olympus 12-40 2.8 PRO over Christmas.
Not had a chance to use it much but it's a seriously solid bit of kit. Think I'll probably sell my 9-18mm WA and 45mm Prime now which leaves me with the Pro, 20mm Prime and 60mm Macro (this could probably even go as the Pro has a really serviceable minimum focal distance for my needs).

Also got a polarizing filter for the Pro and will add a couple of ND filters. With that I think the Pro will suit my holiday / day trip needs really well, with the 20mm saved for a nice compact carry setup.

Associate
I finally got around to buying the Olympus 12-40 2.8 PRO over Christmas.
Not had a chance to use it much but it's a seriously solid bit of kit. Think I'll probably sell my 9-18mm WA and 45mm Prime now which leaves me with the Pro, 20mm Prime and 60mm Macro (this could probably even go as the Pro has a really serviceable minimum focal distance for my needs).

Also got a polarizing filter for the Pro and will add a couple of ND filters. With that I think the Pro will suit my holiday / day trip needs really well, with the 20mm saved for a nice compact carry setup.
when i had my oly m4/3 i had a collection of primes until i got the 12-40 pro- sold all the primes as i found it was as good-if not better.

Associate
when i had my oly m4/3 i had a collection of primes until i got the 12-40 pro- sold all the primes as i found it was as good-if not better.
Yeah, I'm definitely selling 2 of them and will evaluate the Macro this weekend. I'm not a serious macro photographer so will do some testing on a few things. Selling the 3 will put me £100 in profit against the cost of the Pro lens, even though they range from 5-8yrs old!

Associate
Yeah, I'm definitely selling 2 of them and will evaluate the Macro this weekend. I'm not a serious macro photographer so will do some testing on a few things. Selling the 3 will put me £100 in profit against the cost of the Pro lens, even though they range from 5-8yrs old!
i kept my 12mm to start with but the pro is just a fantastic bit of glass it didn't ever come off

Back
Top Bottom