Is this the BT master socket?

Man of Honour
I tried tracing what seemed to be the wire, it went to a box that has been ripped off and from there I couldn't really tell.

IMG-20210129-121546.jpg

CZcYLRK3

I also plugged a landline phone into the socket and it worked and let me make calls so I assume this is good news and that the internet will be fine once it's switched on.

I've also asked the people we bought it from where the master socket is but no reply yet.

Jesus, yes that looks like a BT 3 pair.

Man of Honour
the black wires with the blue/white etc. inner looks to be your bt line

I think bt shield the 3 pair to the termination point. With bt blue is normally the live pair. If i remember rightly its normally blue, white, yellow in that order.

That cabling is a total mess and needs some cleaning up.

Associate
OP
The internet has been activated now and works fine. Still no sign of any other socket.

What are my options for moving it somewhere more sensible? Should I unscrew it and try and see where the wire is going?

Soldato
Is that a suspended floor?

If not all you’ll see is a wire going into a concrete slab (hopefully in a duct and not the same duct as the power cables).

Associate
OP
I'm not sure if it's a suspended floor, but I've just taken unscrewed it and had a look.

IMG-20210201-173355.jpg

16122009688711950967438251987708.jpg

I'm not sure where this leads to or how to find our really.

Soldato
The entire backing box will unclip from the floor (lever the yellow tabs to the side) and give you a better view.

You may need to unscrew the mains sockets but there's no harm in that if you're careful (or preferably switch of the breaker for that circuit).

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I had a go at getting it off but think I might have figured it out. Both cables go to the left, and the doors to the back garden are just under 2 metres away so I assume it goes out there?

There's loads of moving boxes blocking the doors and it's pitch black now so will have a look tomorrow.

Is it likely the phone line could be coming in from the back? I've never seen it like that before.

Back
Top Bottom