• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2080ti too hot?.

Associate
Hi. I have a zotac amp extreme 2080ti. On idle temps are fine at 41c. As soon as i put any game on temps go up to 80c and feels like you can fry an egg on the case and sounds like it going to take off. I have a 4k TV 60hz but mostly game at 1440p on it and still temps are at 80c in game. Im using fire storm default to test the temps. I know This card has high temps to begin with but 80c seems a tad high?.

Associate
Hi ,im actually having the same problem with my zotac card ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Twin Fan ,norm temps are around 30/32 but once in game its hitting 83/84
I have the corsair 280x and my cpu is watercooled

Do these cards just run really hot ?

Soldato
If it shoots up immediately then could be time for some new thermal paste.

However by the sounds of other posts you could be needing to rethink your case airflow.

Once the above is sorted then you can also undervolt 2080Ti’s very well which will drastically reduce heat and noise for minimal performance loss.

Associate
Ill have a look at what i can do ,the case has two fans at the front and one on top for the cpu cooler to blow out ,problem being ,i think with that case the only choice it to put fans on the bottom ,which im not sure will make much of a difference.

ill need to look into the undervolt

Back
Top Bottom