Smartwatch Thread (news/apps/updates)

Soldato
I am not sure how well known this app is but I've just downloaded Health Sync.

I purchased a Huawei Gt2e the other week knowing full well the lack of Strava support. It didnt really bother me until I started out running again as I do like the little bit of competition we have between mates.

Cane across this app, paid the £2.49 and now all data syncs across from the health app into Strava. All segments etc are picked up in Strava and we are back on.

I paid £95 for this watch which included a free gift of a Bluetooth speaker, which is a great little speaker. For the money and now I have Strava integration I believe it is one of the best bang for buck smart watches on the market.

Caporegime
Well I have a Huawei GT2 and a TicWatch Pro 3 GPS sitting in front of me and I'm trying to decide which, if any, to keep and which to return.

Pros for Huawei GT2
- £170 cheaper...!
- Has a better looking, brighter, and sharper screen than the TicWatch
- It's already obvious that the battery life is vastly better even than the Pro 3
- It displays current heart rate on the main face and appears to be constantly polling it, as opposed to the TicWatch which only updates every minute if not in exercise mode
- Better strap by default in my opinion (the TicWatch one has faux orange stitching but is thin and weedy with only one strap retainer)
- Slightly bigger
- More frequent heart rate polling (live heart rate on watch face)
- Wakes up main watch face slightly quicker

Pros for TicWatch Pro 3
- Google OS and integration with Android phone
- More accurate heart rate
- NFC / Google Pay
- More watch face options
- Bit smoother / more responsive
- Dual screen
- Skipping rope workout in Google Fit

If I could have the Huawei but with the TicWatch's heart rate tracking and Google Pay, I'd keep it 'in a heartbeat'.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well I have a Huawei GT2 and a TicWatch Pro 3 GPS sitting in front of me and I'm trying to decide which, if any, to keep and which to return.

Pros for Huawei GT2
- £170 cheaper...!
- Has a better looking, brighter, and sharper screen than the TicWatch
- It's already obvious that the battery life is vastly better even than the Pro 3
- It displays current heart rate on the
- Better strap by default in my opinion (the TicWatch one has faux orange stitching but is thin and weedy with only one strap retainer)
- Slightly bigger
- More frequent heart rate polling (live heart rate on watch face)
- Wakes up main watch face slightly quicker

Pros for TicWatch Pro 3
- Google OS and integration with Android phone
- More accurate heart rate
- NFC / Google Pay
- More watch face options
- Bit smoother / more responsive
- Dual screen
- Skipping rope workout in Google Fit

If I could have the Huawei but with the TicWatch's heart rate tracking and Google Pay, I'd keep it 'in a heartbeat'.

Thanks.

If only samsung would use wear os and the samsung app store was better\bigger.

Associate
Leaning towards the Garmin vivoactive 4s or HONOR MagicWatch 2 42mm as don't want something overly large on wrists.
Does anyone have either and care to comment how you are getting on with it?
Just looking for something that can track my steps, jogs and light weights and genernal fitness and basic notifications like calls or a message.
Don't care for full blown notifications as would check them on the phone.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Well I've decided my Huawei GT2 sadly has to go back and I'll be keeping the TicWatch Pro 3.

I've just done a skipping rope workout and the Huawei just won't go over 100bpm, where the TicWatch reaches 145bpm and quickly too. I've tried it on both wrists with a tight strap and the watch in various wrist positions; no joy.

It's such a shame as it's an excellent watch in every other way (apart from no NFC in UK). Screen, battery life, price, looks. They just skimped on the sensors. Bah.

Soldato
Well I've decided my Huawei GT2 sadly has to go back and I'll be keeping the TicWatch Pro 3.

I've just done a skipping rope workout and the Huawei just won't go over 100bpm, where the TicWatch reaches 145bpm and quickly too. I've tried it on both wrists with a tight strap and the watch in various wrist positions; no joy.

It's such a shame as it's an excellent watch in every other way (apart from no NFC in UK). Screen, battery life, price, looks. They just skimped on the sensors. Bah.

Let us know how you get on with the Pro 3 long term please.

Caporegime
Let us know how you get on with the Pro 3 long term please.

Will do.

I've spent ages mucking around with the various settings to tweak it how I want it...installing apps like Stocard, Google Keep, and Google Maps, removing some of the MobVoi bloat, changing brightness and AoD settings etc.

Really impressed with the Marine Commander watch face, which I immediately bought the premium version of and spent far too long mucking around with the custom colour ways:

fB9sMRNh.jpg

So customisable and looks nice and clean but with lots of information.

The battery capacity and charging rate are still concerns, but I'll just have to put up with that as a price of being in the Google ecosystem.

I've set essential mode to kick in with 5% battery remaining so should never be left with a totally dead watch anyway.

Soldato
So my ticwatch 3 Pro GPS arrived today. Have to say the box was nice and professional, the watch looks neat and fits comfortably on my wrist. Paired and synced with my phone and all working. Haven't done any real configuration, just getting used to a wearing a watch again!

Soldato
So I'm happy with the Ticwatch 3 Pro. I've got an aluminium black strap on order as I don't like the silicon... however the sensors have been working well and it recorded all the things I needed when commuting by bike. I do have a question, I use Nine Email to get my Exchange hosted emails and calendar but I'm struggling for it to keep the agenda on the phone synced... It resyncs if I toggle the agenda button on the Wear OS app but its really inconsistent. Any pointers?

Caporegime
Has anyone had any problems getting Wear OS Google Pay to work at McDonald's?

It works fine on my phone app but won't work on my watch. I've tried cards from different banks, cards that work perfectly through my watch in supermarkets.

Sho

Sho

Soldato
Has anyone had any problems getting Wear OS Google Pay to work at McDonald's?

It works fine on my phone app but won't work on my watch. I've tried cards from different banks, cards that work perfectly through my watch in supermarkets.

Just used my ticwatch pro 3 in McDonald's and it worked fine.

I do however have issues using it in my 3 local Tesco stores. Similar to what you are experiencing at McDonald's.

Caporegime
My TicWatch Pro 3 is undergoing an update at the moment. I can't immediately find its change list.

Just used my ticwatch pro 3 in McDonald's and it worked fine.

I do however have issues using it in my 3 local Tesco stores. Similar to what you are experiencing at McDonald's.
Interesting cheers. Oh well, I should stop going there anyway!

Caporegime
Can anyone categorically tell me whether or not the Google Fit Wear OS app works as a sleep tracker from the watch (TicWatch Pro 3), or if I need to have a separate sleep tracker installed on the watch?

I'd ideally just like to use Fit for everything and get rid of all the Mobvoi stuff, but having disabled it all yesterday I have no sleep data in Fit today. I assumed Fit would track and record sleep info itself.

Soldato
Can anyone categorically tell me whether or not the Google Fit Wear OS app works as a sleep tracker from the watch (TicWatch Pro 3), or if I need to have a separate sleep tracker installed on the watch?

I'd ideally just like to use Fit for everything and get rid of all the Mobvoi stuff, but having disabled it all yesterday I have no sleep data in Fit today. I assumed Fit would track and record sleep info itself.

Don't you have to setup the google fit\sleep app before it works?

Caporegime
Thanks. I saw that article and the wording could be interpreted that Google Fit now analyses sleep with graphs etc., but still needs something on the wearable to provide the info.

I just reset my watch and reenabled all the TicWatch stuff anyway, as it simply worked better and integrated more seemelessly than ay third party stuff I tried like Cardiogram and Sleep as Android.

The touch screen seems much better since the latest system update by the way. I've not had any accidental presses when scrolling in the launcher yet, whereas before it was happening frequently.

Back
Top Bottom