Bedroom Advice ;)

Soldato
We moved house last year and due to how we wanted the bedroom, there is no good place to put a TV. The only options are to the side of one of us, which would make for uncomfortable viewing. We have LG OLED's in all the other rooms with TV's which are great, with a good sound system.

My thoughts to solve the issue in the bedroom would be to have a projector setup. With a large projector screen fitted to the roof on front of our large bay window. When we want to use it we can just lower the screen and pull the project from under the bed. The Apple TV box can go under the bed too. We'd also like the sound system hidden under the bed.

I'm familiar enough with TV's and standard sound systems, but not too familiar with projectors and 'hidden' sound systems.

It would be great if anyone could advise on a projector and sound system for the job. Ideally a small projector that can sit on the headboard behind us if long-throw or on the footboard for short-throw.

As I'm spoiled on our LG OLED's and sound system, I'd want at least 1080p and good sound (for something not directional anyway). My main goal is to have something that can be hidden when not in used and easy to setup and put away when not.

Soldato
OP
budget? i would just get an OLED and wall mount it.

up to £1500.

Unfortunately, there is no where to be able to wall mount a tv etc without it being at a right angle to the bed, except a horrible Chavy tv stand at the end of the bed (there is a massive bay window behind this so can’t go on the wall)

Associate
Projector on your headboard would be annoying. They can be noisy, especially when placed right at the listening position.

How much bedroom TV viewing do you do?

Soldato
up to £1500.

Unfortunately, there is no where to be able to wall mount a tv etc without it being at a right angle to the bed, except a horrible Chavy tv stand at the end of the bed (there is a massive bay window behind this so can’t go on the wall)
Have you thought about using a TV lift coming out of a cupboard at the bottom of your bed instead?

https://www.hiddentvlift.co.uk/our-products

Soldato
Or just use the many tvs in other rooms:confused:. I've never understood the need for tvs in the bed room. It's only for sleeping in (amongst other things;)), surely its a compromise otherwise?

Associate
We moved house last year and due to how we wanted the bedroom, there is no good place to put a TV. The only options are to the side of one of us, which would make for uncomfortable viewing. We have LG OLED's in all the other rooms with TV's which are great, with a good sound system.

My thoughts to solve the issue in the bedroom would be to have a projector setup. With a large projector screen fitted to the roof on front of our large bay window. When we want to use it we can just lower the screen and pull the project from under the bed. The Apple TV box can go under the bed too. We'd also like the sound system hidden under the bed.

I'm familiar enough with TV's and standard sound systems, but not too familiar with projectors and 'hidden' sound systems.

It would be great if anyone could advise on a projector and sound system for the job. Ideally a small projector that can sit on the headboard behind us if long-throw or on the footboard for short-throw.

As I'm spoiled on our LG OLED's and sound system, I'd want at least 1080p and good sound (for something not directional anyway). My main goal is to have something that can be hidden when not in used and easy to setup and put away when not.

TV has no place in the bedroom!!

Soldato
would you get good contrast off of a projector screen looking at it from low angle in bed ... versus an oled/ips

Presumably if you get a tv arm you can't grab a (fragile) tv by the edge to manouver it's position.

[
TV has no place in the bedroom!!
they make a good radio/alarm to turn on radio4 in the morning ... it's tv's for the kitchen I don't understand, I'm cooking so there is noise, and would I want to distractedly cut a finger off, or, burn oneself
]

Back
Top Bottom