The Expanse

Associate
have you seen her in Letterkenny. at 33sec and 1.08

I'd have never guessed that was her.

Those degens have no idea how lucky they are!

Is it just me who is left thinking “what?” and ends up rewinding to look closer at whatever the hell naomi is staring at before the shot cuts away? It’s happened a few times in these recent episodes. I seriously can’t work out if it’s meant to be a secret, if I am thick, or if they’re that bad at telling a story.

I believe the Screaming firehawk is the Razorback approaching.
She's then seen water on her terminal, been reminded of her earlier ice scaping escapades and gone to smack the crap out of that pipe! What that'll achieved, if I'm even right, who knows?

Soldato
Episode 9 watched. All I’ll say is I hope episode 10 is 2 hours long... (which it won’t be)

Is it just me who is left thinking “what?” and ends up rewinding to look closer at whatever the hell naomi is staring at before the shot cuts away? It’s happened a few times in these recent episodes. I seriously can’t work out if it’s meant to be a secret, if I am thick, or if they’re that bad at telling a story.
Same as last week really, just sat there looking at the disjointed edit/cut and wondering WTH is the story from the book, apart from Amos which was closeish, but 90% of the rest is complete TV screenplay invention. As above, also thinking we only have another 45 minutes of airtime to draw this to a close.
IMHO if they had so many elements to get through, should have focused on Naomi/Marco and the search, along with Amos. The invented Drummer and Earth Gov element should have been ditched.
Very disappointing.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I must say this season has been a disappointment. Feels like we've gone from sci-fi protomolecule and the ring gates to EastEnders in space. I understand the political and emotional journey that goes with the sci-fi but I've been left found wanting all season.

Such a slow paglce. The last 4 episodes should have been two or they could have done an extra few. It's superbly acted and well produced so it's not a waste, just feel like we're missing something.

Hopefully this is down to the pandemic and other factors but season 6 will make up for it. Not looking forward to a cliff hanger next week.

Don
I've been pretty disappointed with the second half of the season too. The beginning started strong with dropping the rocks on Earth and the proper introduction of Marco and the politics within the belt, the theft of the protomolecule and attack in the base etc, but the last episodes have dragged something rotten. We don't need two episodes of Naomi wandering around a derelict space ship, it's not actually moving the story along and we all know that somehow she'll escape and the Roci / Razorback will save her.

Associate
Hmm conversely I thought the first half was poor. The rocks happened at the end of episode 4. Things picked up from there but 8 and 9 have been real doozies.

Associate
Given what happens in the books I'm glad they're taking their time telling this part of the story. Otherwise, knowing they're not filming (at least yet) the latest books we'd be cramming the rocks dropping, noami with inaros, alex with bobbie and holden on his own along with all that will come next season into one.
We'd all be saying they condensed too much into this season if the next were the last.

I enjoyed the episode - the shootout was all one take!

Soldato
I haven't looked as yet on any other forums (such as Reddit) to see what reaction S5 is getting but if the general view is negative then along with the departure of Cas Anwar*, I wonder if S6 will actually get made.

* Well given they have thrown the books on the fire, I wouldn't be surprised if they just keep the current Acme pilot on the Roci, or they'll probably give the job to Drummer!

Soldato
i think they kill alex in the rescue of naomi and that "peaches" will become the new pilot ?
Good call. I might put my virtual 50p on that.
In the later books she is never far from Amos and the Roci until she sacrifices herself at the end of Book 7, so it would be a logical if non canon contingency.

Associate
I haven't looked as yet on any other forums (such as Reddit) to see what reaction S5 is getting but if the general view is negative then along with the departure of Cas Anwar*, I wonder if S6 will actually get made.

I think I read it was part through production so they'll probably complete it.

I have to say I feel s5 is pretty lost compared the the previous fare, Avasarala's holding my interest but even the Amos arc is beginning to become dull.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Tip my hat to JK Rowling for insisting the Harry Potter books stay true and not rely on scripted and adapted for TV by idiots...

Show has lost all the intrigue, pacing literally nothing happens. Everything is dragged out to keep it cheap. It's a mess at the moment.

XPE

XPE

Soldato
I wouldn't say there has been a bad episode this year, all are perfectly watchable. But I feel they are padding it out for what ever is coming in the season final, you could have combined the last 2 possibility 3 episodes. What disappointing for me is having the crew split up for the entire season.

Not read the books so can't compare.

XPE

XPE

Soldato
I wish it was a bit more streamed lined like the books then, If they did they could have free up some time for other characters. We have barley seem Bobby, Alex and Holden for the last few episodes, they have all became supporting characters in the show.

Associate
i can't but feel that when it was first shot there was a lot more bobby and alex, but they edited alex down to the bare min. and shot a lot more "filler" to make up the time

Caporegime
does anyone actually care if naomi dies?

feels like I'm supposed to buy I couldn't care less so the storyline is just boring.

almost guaranteed she has plot armour anyway but I'm hoping she dies a glorious death

Associate
does anyone actually care if naomi dies?

feels like I'm supposed to buy I couldn't care less so the storyline is just boring.

almost guaranteed she has plot armour anyway but I'm hoping she dies a glorious death

I don’t believe they’ve done a good job of making the audience root for her this season, so for me it’s a no. We could have been filled in with her back story in 1/3 of the time. As a result I just want her off the screen now.

I find Dominique Tipper’s belter accent a real immersion killer. She’s doing the sort of accent someone would adopt to tell a joke about a Caribbean walking into a bar. I wouldn’t miss that. I think the acting across the series has improved over the years, but she’s remained the weakest.

Back
Top Bottom