*** Battlefield 2042 (Console) ***

Soldato
BF1 and BF V just didn't really gel for me. Bit of a waste of cash really.

Really enjoyed 3 and 4, but think BC2 was probably the most fun.

Either way, where once a BF game would be a day 1 for me without question, when what ever comes around next is here, I'll be waiting for input from people first.

Indeed. BF1 I still enjoyed, well, I forced myself to try and enjoy it and ended up playing it less than any other BF game before it.

BF1 was the beginning of the end and BF5 solidified it.

BF is dead, I don't have any hope in the next one.

Associate
Give me another 2142.
This all day long. I really enjoyed 1942 and 1943 Road to rome on PC. BF2 and Special forces were superb. But 2142 is where I ploughed a lot of my online time into, really enjoyed that title. Conquest was fun but the TITAN game mode gave you a choice on how to play/win the round. Great fun, then Northern strike was another great addition. BF3 didn't really do it for me and has been a series I just don't bother with anymore. It seems they reached a peak with BF2, when BF3 came out it dropped off for me. The SP campaign was great and initially the MP was fun but soon lost interest in it. I picked up BF5 on XBOX and dabble with that just to have some MP action really.

I also don't have much faith that BF6 will be a hit, I hope I'm wrong but it seems a lot of games these days totally miss what made past BF titles successful. At least for me that is. It is most probably a lot of nostaligia for me as well though. I guess I'm still locked into the past with a lot of titles these days as Ravenshield and BF2142 are titles that I had so much fun with back in the day.

Last edited:

VB6

VB6

Associate
I absolutely loved BF2 in the old days. Warlord map was my favourite, with camping shoot offs in the corridors of the temple at the top of the map.

The sight of people sending rocket launchers at each other down long, thin corridors was ridiculous.

Associate
I absolutely loved BF2 in the old days. Warlord map was my favourite, with camping shoot offs in the corridors of the temple at the top of the map.

The sight of people sending rocket launchers at each other down long, thin corridors was ridiculous.
Such a good game, Think my faves were Strike at Karkand and Sharqi Peninsula. I thought Special Forces was a decent addition but can't remember the maps. I loved the Ziplines in it though.

Associate
BF2 was supurb, they should re-master it, some of the maps were so good.

Just remember the swamp map in the Blackhawk, racking up the points. Karkland, Mashtur, the dam map, awesome game.

Soldato
Have you seen how many people are still playing BF4? No wonder, its what a FPS should be. Hope they re-create this in BF6... with the latest hardware it could incredibly immersive ;)

Soldato
I've played pretty much all the bf games since 2, the only one I didn't like is hardline. I'm surprised they haven't gone down the 2142 route (unless they do), as all the other games are similar eras. I'd group 1 and V together, and really all the other together:p. Can't say I've every played a battle royale version of a game though, bf games should stick to what they're good at and leave BR to COD:D.

Soldato
Battlefield is easily my favourite shooter series of the modern era. I'd love to see a return to the BF3/4 with some remakes of classic maps.

I am in the extreme minority of people who actually enjoyed BFV. Solid shooter in my opinion. I have been playing it quite a bit lately due to a lack of decent shooters that aren't full of sweaty players.

I miss the old days of the BF4 OcUK community, hopefully a return to form for BF can see us dominating servers again!

Soldato
Very much looking forward to this and hoping they do a decent job.

As long as it resembles nothing about BFV then that’s a good start!

Something that needs to be implemented is a proper working anti-cheat this time around.

And most importantly bring back the BF ‘soul’ and make it FUN TO PLAY!

Soldato
I randomly booted up BF4 on xbox ( was installed there when I played it was on pc back in day)

Was surprised to see it still active, and it was as fun as I thought was back when it came out.

I hope 6 is like 3/4 of course with some new stuff and improve upon the destruction side etc

Man of Honour
Really enjoyed BFV to be honest, although far more cheats around now I'm playing on PC again rather than Xbox, Firestorm was a bit pants but the multilayer has cost me more hours than I'd like to admit.

BF2 was my first proper online game back in the day and I sunk months into BF3 and BF4 so an updated version of those would be fine with me!

Back
Top Bottom