LG CX (C10) OLED 2020 Thread

Associate
Just watched the latest episode of the expanse.

some amazing HDR when they have the flashlights going into the fancy house. And some of the lighting in the belter ship is pretty cool as well :)

awesome

Soldato
I’m leaning towards the 65” CX but it looks like they were £500 cheaper a month ago! Much sadness :(

Yep caught me out as well , was going to order just before Christmas but waited for ten new year and then bam up the price went. Going to hold out for the new models and see what goes on with price .

Having kept an eye out the C9 model before only dropped to £1599 when the CX came out so if it drops to pre Christmas prices I’d jump on it.

Caporegime
I have a 55" CX, warranty replacement for my B6! I couldn't believe it when they said that's what they'd be replacing it with, brand new too.

Anyway it's definitely a case of once you go deep black you never go back.

Truly stunning picture. Nature documentaries and things like Grand Tour in UHD Dolby Vision are jaw droppingly beautiful. This technology must surely take over the market if consumers care at all about the best image quality.

Just eyeing up a 48" version for my study PC now.

Yep caught me out as well , was going to order just before Christmas but waited for ten new year

Fail!

Soldato
I have a 55" CX, warranty replacement for my B6! I couldn't believe it when they said that's what they'd be replacing it with, brand new too.

Anyway it's definitely a case of once you go deep black you never go back.

Truly stunning picture. Nature documentaries and things like Grand Tour in UHD Dolby Vision are jaw droppingly beautiful. This technology must surely take over the market if consumers care at all about the best image quality.

Just eyeing up a 48" version for my study PC now.

Fail!

What was the problem with your B6. Did you send yours to LG for repair?

Reason I ask is because LG currently have my 65” B6 for a panel replacement (if they have any!) due to some burn in.

Caporegime
What was the problem with your B6. Did you send yours to LG for repair?

Reason I ask is because LG currently have my 65” B6 for a panel replacement (if they have any!) due to some burn in.
I had profound screen burn :p. The team that came round to assess told me it was the worst they'd ever seen, which at the time I took to mean I was going to be accused of abusing the TV.

I dealt with the retailer under their 5 year warranty. I refused (nicely) to deal with LG; the only time I ever spoke with them was when they called me to arrange delivery and to tell me what they were replacing my TV with. A logistics team working for LG came to drop the CX off and removed the B6 at the same time.

I was told that they were no longer making 55B6 panels and so this was my only option. Shame.

Associate
Ok put away the pitchfork:p you can buy the 65 BX from curry's at £1599 but the CX is £2299

I bought a 65BX a couple of weeks ago, really happy with it. Weighed up the reviews about the panel being dimmer on the BX but couldn't justify another 700 quid.

Happily though the BX is plenty bright enough for me, and a massive improvement over the 4k LG LCD I had.

The CX must be blindingly bright in some HDR scenes if my BX is anything to go by.

For any OLED experts - would the lower maximum brightness of the BX make it less susceptible to burn in?

Associate
I bought a 65BX a couple of weeks ago, really happy with it. Weighed up the reviews about the panel being dimmer on the BX but couldn't justify another 700 quid. Happily though the BX is plenty bright enough for me, and a massive improvement over the 4k LG LCD I had. The CX must be blindingly bright in some HDR scenes if my BX is anything to go by. For any OLED experts - would the lower maximum brightness of the BX make it less susceptible to burn in?

If you going to game on it lower the oled light to say 40/50 I have mine at 50, that way I don't need to wear my sunglasses,:D also don't display any icons on desktop or wallpaper leave it Black screen and hide the taskbar but if you watching HDR content just leave it at default and put Logo Luminance Adjustment = high, to prevent a burn -in, you must mix your content not always uses the same game on it with allots of static UI on screen then you be fine.

LG OLED TVs come with special features and settings to preserve image quality and prevent burn in and image retention. First, there is a Screen Saver feature that will turn on automatically if the TV detects that a static image is displayed on screen after approximately two minutes. There are also three options (available in Menu setting > Picture settings > OLED panel settings) that can be used to preserve image quality. The first of these is the Clear Panel Noise feature that preserves the quality of the image on the display panel by resetting the TV so that it clears the pixels. This feature can be turned on when needed within the settings mentioned above. The second feature that can be employed is the Screen Shift feature which, moves the screen slightly at regular intervals to preserve image quality. A third option is the Logo Luminance Adjustment, which can detect static logos on the screen and reduce brightness to help decrease permanent image retention.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom