Smartwatch Thread (news/apps/updates)

Caporegime
Update list for latest TicWatch Pro 3 firmware:

New features
  1. Support to adjust the essential screen date format(DD-MM/MM-DD) through the Essential Mode app.
  2. Support to turn on the backlight through the power button in the essential mode.
  3. Support to turn off the essential screen auto-backlight in the Essential Mode app.
  4. Enable notification sound.(The volume of the sound is controlled by Ring volume.)
Improvements
  1. Improved the speed of the Tilt-to-wake screen by about 1/4 second.
  2. Optimized the problem that the steps generated in essential mode may be partially lost after booting.
  3. Improve the smoothness of sliding.
  4. Optimized the response area at the edge of the screen.
  5. Reduce the backlight brightness of the essential screen.
  6. Improved the pairing speed when pairing with android phone.
Bug fixes
  1. Solved the issue that the backlight of the essential screen could not be lit up by Tilt-to wake under certain circumstances.
  2. Fixed the issue that double-clicking the function key sometimes opened other apps instead of Google pay.(If Google pay is available in your area.)
(Courtesy Reddit)

I've updated mine and in particular the touch detection is a massive improvement.

Soldato
Hmm, thanks for the heads up, but mine keeps telling me it's up to date :( Is yours the GPS version? (People are saying to try 10 times, but slowely... I'm just restarting, will try a few more times)

Caporegime
Hmm, thanks for the heads up, but mine keeps telling me it's up to date :( Is yours the GPS version? (People are saying to try 10 times, but slowely... I'm just restarting, will try a few more times)

Yes, mine is the GPS version. I didn't have to do any farting about, it just told me it was installing a firmware update when I looked at it in the morning.

Soldato
Update list for latest TicWatch Pro 3 firmware:

New features
  1. Support to adjust the essential screen date format(DD-MM/MM-DD) through the Essential Mode app.
  2. Support to turn on the backlight through the power button in the essential mode.
  3. Support to turn off the essential screen auto-backlight in the Essential Mode app.
  4. Enable notification sound.(The volume of the sound is controlled by Ring volume.)
Improvements
  2. Optimized the problem that the steps generated in essential mode may be partially lost after booting.
  3. Improve the smoothness of sliding.
  4. Optimized the response area at the edge of the screen.
  5. Reduce the backlight brightness of the essential screen.
  6. Improved the pairing speed when pairing with android phone.
Bug fixes
  1. Solved the issue that the backlight of the essential screen could not be lit up by Tilt-to wake under certain circumstances.
  2. Fixed the issue that double-clicking the function key sometimes opened other apps instead of Google pay.(If Google pay is available in your area.)
(Courtesy Reddit)

I've updated mine and in particular the touch detection is a massive improvement.

If it came down to about £210 I may buy one.
But not the £280 with a plastic bottom.

Associate
Are there any Samsung galaxy watch active 2 LTE users here ?
I am having awful problems atm.
I previously had mine paired up with a Samsung galaxy s20 ultra (uk ed) and I can make and receive phone calls. but cannot send or receive txt messages. or emails for that matter. It is in contract with EE.

I have tried uninstalling the watch plugin Samsung wearable app it still did not work.

Moving on I got my new phone Samsung galaxy s21 ultra (uk 512) i am still getting the same problem. I have done a soft reset of my watch and even a hard reset of my watch, it displays 4g ect on the watch. as soon as my watch is in Bluetooth range it works perfectly.

When I try to send a txt msg I get a msg " trying to connect to your phone if this takes a long time" blah blah.

I am at a loss, if anyone can give me some help I would appreciate it.

Soldato
So mines ticwatch just got hte latest version too. I ahve to say I'm enjoying it! Works well for controlling my music on my bike commute, records all my riding performance and is working pretty well for reminding me of stuff for work. So far quite impressed... wasn't sure if I was going to be really, now I've not dunked it in water yet and I likely won't as I always have taken my watches off when swimming or washing stuff... but yeah happy with it and its battery life... with all sensor turned on and tons of work stuff syncing and notify, a single day from 6am to 12pm including two 20km bike commutes only use about 40% of the battery.

Associate
For those interested my issues have been fixed. A EE lvl 2 tech had to remove the esim and readd it. once it had populated on the watch I had to turn off both watch and phone for 10 mins, reboot unpair the watch readd it. with my wifi off. again turn them both off again turn the phone on then the watch. turn off blue tooth for 10 mins. then bang it's now all working. I know it's a very convoluted way to get it all working but hey it worked.

Associate
So, had my Garmin Venu for about 2 weeks now and I'm happy with it. Lightweight, comfy strap, great battery life and the screen is very sharp. Sure it's not as customisable as an Android Wear or Tizen system but it does everything I could need excellently i.e. fitness and sleep tracking, nfc payment, notifications.

Caporegime
I've noticed that the latest TicWatch Pro 3 update has also hugely improved the speed of the tilt to wake function.

Previously my Huawei GT2 was noticeably faster to wake on tilt, but now they're basically the same, even with third party watch faces and automatic brightness detection.

For me the tilt to wake function is essential. No way am I pressing a button or the screen every time just to look at my watch as it should be seen.

Soldato
Improvements
I've noticed that the latest TicWatch Pro 3 update has also hugely improved the speed of the tilt to wake function.

You realise you were the one that told us all about this improvement :) The update has generally made it feel much snappier.

Back
Top Bottom