*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Soldato
I haven't done it as I don't need all the engineering stuff however have you tried using the broker to swap one material type to the one you want. The ratio of conversion is poor but some of the mats are easier to get than others.

Associate
Forgotten what a ******* grind this game is.

Datamined Wake Exceptions. There is no system in famine, so that is not an option; sit outside busy stations, no luck; 6 material traders, 0 in stock.
I understand that it is a very rare item but still...

I'm currently in the hope for Strange Wake Solutions :rolleyes:

Soldato
I haven't done it as I don't need all the engineering stuff however have you tried using the broker to swap one material type to the one you want. The ratio of conversion is poor but some of the mats are easier to get than others.

Yeah been hoping from trader to trader and no data. Which is fun. edit: sorted. would help if I knew how traders worked. lol

I'm currently in the hope for Strange Wake Solutions :rolleyes:

I am currently @ Vesalius city in Kunggi system they have them to trade if you have enough of what they want.

This is all you will need for optimum material gathering, unless you are allergic to log flipping or want to do it "properly" by grinding.

Yeah I have a shed load of everything other than the wake scan I needed

Also I spent many hours at Dav Hope collecting what I needed. ;)

Last edited:
Associate
I am currently @ Vesalius city in Kunggi system they have them to trade if you have enough of what they want.

Also I spent many hours at Dav Hope collecting what I needed. ;)

Thanks, although I managed to grab the ONE, along with a couple more, that was required from a Nav Point.

Also, spent a couple of hours at Dav's Hope log flipping over the last two days :) ;)

I thought I was all set to Engineer my FSD, had gathered all that was required to Grade 5, but after pinning the blueprint, I didn't realise that if you engineer remotely that you don't increase your Reps! :eek:

Only discovered this when the message was shown as I tried to engineer it at Grade 3, hence having to head back to Deciat with a cheap FSD to engineer that to earns the Reps so I could complete the engineering of my original FSD.

So far I've had to grab additional Strange Wake Solutions and Arsenic to allow me to sort out the oversight and get back to my original grind :rolleyes:

Certainly a lesson learnt there! :D

Soldato
Started playing again today, first time since launch...played a lot of beta but wanted to wait for more expansions, and before Odyssey seems a good time.

Taking forever to get my HOTAS setup how I like it, and remembering which bindings you need close to hand...

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Pfff Grind... this is not even close to the pointless hrs people spent when engineers was introduced. Whoever at frontier decided it was good idea they all need sacking and banning from further game development. So that's a heap of people including Brabben himself who should know better.

Still and will not be forgiven for it.

Soldato
Don't think Braben has anything to do with it, he's too busy running FD to focus on a single game. The game designer responsible for the original engineers no longer works on elite either, sadly there seems to be an ethos of grindy gameplay at FD.

Associate

Taking forever to get my HOTAS setup how I like it, and remembering which bindings you need close to hand...

:) I feel your pain! Same here, so much that I've forgotten and a lot to learn & re-learn.

I'm tweaking my HOTAS as I go. Half the trouble I find is finding the entry in the Controls Menu :confused:

Soldato
It absolutely boggles my mind how console players play this game just with a controller. They must have like half the buttons on the controller dedicated as modifier buttons for the other half to have enough combinations for everything.

Soldato
Pfff Grind... this is not even close to the pointless hrs people spent when engineers was introduced. Whoever at frontier decided it was good idea they all need sacking and banning from further game development. So that's a heap of people including Brabben himself who should know better.

Still and will not be forgiven for it.

Yeah, I did all the original engineering grind for my Anaconda. Was a nightmare. However, wanted to update the FSD and shield boosters.
Material traders were very useful though. Just wish I knew how to use them before scooting around. Still had to a day sightseeing on a planet for some tin...... which was nice.

Associate
I used INARA.cz to find all the material traders for engineering. So much easier than grinding and scanning FSD wakes.

Click on 'NEAREST' on the menu bar, input your current location, select material trader and voila... all stations with material traders listed from nearest to furthest. Then all you need to do is find the nearest one that deals in whatever type of material you need be it Raw, Encoded or Manufactured.

Ive just finished upgrading my thrusters to grade 5 through Palin, now comes the grind to unlock Lori Jameson. oh joy

Soldato
I previously used Roccat Power Grid https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/roccat-power-grid.15616/ but it appears that's no longer going :(

I recall there was a few others knocking around, but can't remember the names of them.

Very cool :) I haven't played Elite in a while, but can see how these sorts of apps would help a lot! Might have to dive back in soon... I even have a little iPad gooseneck mount, so I'll feel like I'm a proper space pilot haha :D

Soldato
Currently in LP 806-8 at Creighton Vision station.
The massacre missions are paying well over 20-30 million an hour.
So if you are short of a bit.....

Also finally hit 1 billion in cash. I have a small fleet plus a fully fitted Anaconda so it has taken a fair while to get to this point. (nearly 900 hrs)

Back
Top Bottom