Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
Isnt Nokia potentially a half decent investment though (regardless off these current meme stocks)?

I can understand that GME's long term future isnt that great, but Nokia has potential surely and isnt at a silly price stock wise at the moment.

Yeah i think so, possibly the same with Blackberry now too as actual decent future growth. I'd be more tempted by them if they drop down to pre-WSB prices though as a long term hold.

Soldato
I would be very interested to know how much heat these hedge funds are receiving from their rich and powerful investors. They wouldn't be just like " oh well i still have x amount left anyway". Some of the tightest people i know are the richest people i know as they didn't get rich by wasting / losing money and they have high expectations!

Soldato
Isnt Nokia potentially a half decent investment though (regardless off these current meme stocks)?

I can understand that GME's long term future isnt that great, but Nokia has potential surely and isnt at a silly price stock wise at the moment.

It's already been pumped by WSB so not a good buy at the moment. Wait until this hype blows over and it returns to normal levels.

All these stocks, GME, AMC, NOK, BB are going to take a hit when the WSB lot give up their diamond hands nonsense and try to cash in....

Soldato
Silver is up strongly this morning - I have read its a target for the WSB crowd now.. I still have a bit of Silver ETF in an old ISA.... Will be an interesting day.

Appears to just be a copy cat trying to recreate it with a different situation, they've held it for much longer. It is being held for long term growth and not squeezed shorts. Although has the advantage of being more stable. Tread carefully everyone.

Soldato
It's already been pumped by WSB so not a good buy at the moment. Wait until this hype blows over and it returns to normal levels.

All these stocks, GME, AMC, NOK, BB are going to take a hit when the WSB lot give up their diamond hands nonsense and try to cash in....

Nokia is pretty much back at the mid 4's though which is what it was pre-WSB.

Maybe a little higher but not extremely so.

Caporegime

Doesnt seem too "pumped" judging from the last few months history. Not to the levels of some of the others.

Caporegime
Cheers dowie, very insightful post.
I thought spreadbetting was allowed in the UK? IG Index?
Or have I misunderstood something fundamental here?

Sorry that's a typo, meant to write US there when talking about US retail investors. Yeah the UK has a bunch of spreadbetting firms, the US doesn't as it has been illegal for about a century. They used to have places called "bucket shops" where retail punters could place bets on stocks using margin.

Regarding the "rich enough" point. I was thinking that perhaps some fund managers in pensions which allocated some of their performance to hedge funds, surely the average joe doesnt have control over that?

Yup, I mentioned that too some pension funds might have allocated a % to hedge funds/alternative investments but it's not going to be a huge chunk.

Soldato
AMC looking stronger than GME right now (in terms of pre-market).

My guess is that due to the huge price difference, people are more willing to gamble on AMC than GME (myself included).

I'll wait for the AMC dip about 30/60 mins after opening and that should net me around 150 shares in total. Will hold till $50 which I think is realistic in the next 2-3 weeks if momentum is kept up which nets me $7500 which I'd be quite happy with!

We shall see if WSB can keep their eyes on the $AMC and $GME balls and not get distracted by $NOK, $BB and Silver.

Back
Top Bottom