*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Man of Honour
Hmm several pieces of Cyberware stuff also seem to be entirely cosmetic and don't function as the description says - there is a somewhat dubious line there straying into fraud territory IMO.

Given the sheer number of people working on this game CDPR need to get off their behinds and get fixing/implementing these things - I know some of them are deeply integrated into the game (at least in theory) which can result in multiple layers of complication/testing required to make sure they function correctly in different scenarios and/or don't have unexpected side-effects, etc. but a lot of this I could fix in mere hours maybe a few days so a big developer with so many people involved (though that does add complications of its own) need to get their act together.

(For anyone who thinks that is an idle boast I refer you to https://steamcommunity.com/app/1089130/discussions/0/2262438048216083234/ - that mod is all pure C without any of the underlying framework for many of those features existing in the game - not just some simple scripting/editing type modding)

EDIT: In fact source is uploaded to https://github.com/Rroff2/Q2RTXMoros for anyone who wants to browse it hah (would not recommend using it as an example of anything as I'm no C programmer LOL - yes there is a boatload of hard coded game data - I never intended it to be more than just me dabbling to amuse myself)

EDIT2: On a more positive note - some of the music in this game is phenomenal - Violence, Resist and Disorder and Never Fade Away embody the very fabric of the game in a way I can't put into words.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just starting this up from the beginning again and wondered if there was any mods available for:

1. The 'c' button skips conversation - I've hit it accidently a few times - Is there a way to rebind this?
2. Double Tap Dash (Whatever they call it :p) - I can't see me ever using the double tap dash/dodge thing, and I'm constantly accidently using it :p Anyway to disable it?

Man of Honour
Just starting this up from the beginning again and wondered if there was any mods available for:

1. The 'c' button skips conversation - I've hit it accidently a few times - Is there a way to rebind this?
2. Double Tap Dash (Whatever they call it :p) - I can't see me ever using the double tap dash/dodge thing, and I'm constantly accidently using it :p Anyway to disable it?

You can unbind the dash/dodge controls in one of the config files - I had to do it as otherwise for some reason later on in the game sometimes it would start randomly triggering small dodges as I moved (100% a game bug) making movement choppy and sometimes throwing me off buildings, etc. LOL.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/how-to-disable-double-tap-to-dodge-in-cyberpunk-2077

Unfortunately you have to mess about in the config files or a lot of this stuff as they've not bothered exposing it through the UI - there are a lot of hidden key binds which conflict - I've lost a lot of tolerance for the developers as that should have been expedited to sort out within the first 1-2 patches.

Man of Honour
Not exactly Cyberpunk but couple of developers from a community I hang out in working on this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUGf8XZaH-Q (whether they will be able to pull a full game off or not is another matter - seen many of these projects never come to fruition) in comparison makes me frustrated when all the resources of a big studio aren't put to better effect.

Soldato
Fortunate son. One of the worst side quests I've ever played. So badly designed

It seemed relatively simple when I did it but I had enough "Intelligence" Attributes to be able to ask the Dr a very important question after you've dealt with the Police. Did your run through get effected by glitches or was it just down to something else which made you think it's a bad design?

Soldato
It seemed relatively simple when I did it but I had enough "Intelligence" Attributes to be able to ask the Dr a very important question after you've dealt with the Police. Did your run through get effected by glitches or was it just down to something else which made you think it's a bad design?

I turned up and spoke to the guy.. Got jumped by the cops but I had the kidney so i just drove off. Seems quite urgent to get it to the person that needs it.. For some reason though this is not allowed. You have to take the cops out. I was driving off wondering why the quest marker hadn't updated. I even got all the way back to the camp thinking it might just not have updated but I couldn't talk to anyone there let alone progress the quest. Then I had to drive all the way back to some car park to finish off those cops.

I know you talk to the guy who tells you about the virus and all that but it's just so lazy to do it like that. Game should have reacted to me driving off.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I turned up and spoke to the guy.. Got jumped by the cops but I had the kidney so i just drove off. Seems quite urgent to get it to the person that needs it.. For some reason though this is not allowed. You have to take the cops out. I was driving off wondering why the quest marker hadn't updated. I even got all the way back to the camp thinking it might just not have updated but I couldn't talk to anyone there let alone progress the quest. Then I had to drive all the way back to some car park to finish off those cops.

I know you talk to the guy who tells you about the virus and all that but it's just so lazy to do it like that. Game should have reacted to me driving off.
True. Hopefully they will fix things like that. I am starting to feel like another playthough again, but will be waiting for more content until I jump in to start from the beginning, meaning probably not for another 6 months probably.

Associate
Not exactly Cyberpunk but couple of developers from a community I hang out in working on this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUGf8XZaH-Q (whether they will be able to pull a full game off or not is another matter - seen many of these projects never come to fruition) in comparison makes me frustrated when all the resources of a big studio aren't put to better effect.

It's because development teams in big companies are overruled by suits above them.

I have no doubt in my mind that CDPR would have happily waited and released this even later but those above will have made them push it out the door.

Caporegime
OP
Downloaded the latest nVidia driver today, version 461.40, doesn't appear to have done the game any favours, 2 crashed to desktop in the last hour.

Well I did say in the NVidia thread that the 461.x drivers were trash :D

High Latency and a ton of issues that need fixing in the Release Notes. :(

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Am I missing something here? Saul won't spawn and I don't want to reload a previous save as it was before endless dialogue! This is on the final mission...

20210203235600_1.jpg

Man of Honour
AFAIK HDR in the game is still broken and looks worse than SDR on a Q or O LED.

IMO just set everything to ultra, disable film grain, lens flare and chromatic aberration as they are just slapped in there with little care and add nothing and tweak motion blur and DoF to taste. DLSS on quality. If you still aren't getting good enough performance back RT shadows off a setting (or consider DLSS auto as that will mostly get close to 60 FPS with fairly minimal quality loss most of the time though you will notice some DLSS artefacts more than DLSS quality).

Last edited:
Man of Honour
If you still aren't getting enough performance backing shadow settings off a bit seems to have least visual impact - some of the lighting/reflection settings have a bigger performance impact but are also a big part of the Cyberpunk aesthetic so a shame to turn down.

Soldato
Am I missing something here? Saul won't spawn and I don't want to reload a previous save as it was before endless dialogue! This is on the final mission...

I also had this. To fix it I talked to Mitch by the tank, then Panam on the "cliff" before going back to talk to Saul and, after speaking to the others first, it made Saul reappear, although it also made all my clothes disappear, which was fun :D

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Saul was on the back of the pickup truck talking to the small crowd after I went back into the game! Passed this bit now lol. The optional bit is to speak to Mitch and whilst Mitch was in the tend at the back, the talk to Mitch dialogue would not engage so I could not do that task. Rather annoyed I skipped it lol.

Edit*
Completed it... 126.9 hours it took with just over half the achievements unlocked. I still have lots of side stuff to do. After the credits it said I can go back to just before point of no return and I will find some goodies in my inventory, but cannot see anything new there???

Last edited:
Soldato
Could someone kindly link me to a good graphics guide for a 3080 at 4k with HDR?

TIA
- Use DF optimised settings + turn off film grain/chroma aberr/motion blur/depth of field/lens flare (https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2020-cyberpunk-2077-pc-best-settings)
- Add sharpening with nvidia's game tool or with reshade (CAS) - around 0.5 to 0.75
- DLSS Performance + RT medium w/ shadows and reflections
- Read this for HDR: https://www.patreon.com/posts/cyberpunk-2077-44862107
even though people complain about it I still think it looks much better on than off, particularly during day time when the image feels washed out and dim in SDR while HDR has a proper lighting. Black level will be elevated but imo that's typical for cyberpunk aesthetics and it makes sense when you have a proper GI system in place anyway & lights everywhere

Back
Top Bottom