• Yes, but after launch

Votes: 24 6.3%
  • No

Votes: 286 75.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 49 12.9%

• Total voters
Associate
Slowly making my way through cyberpunk, but can't help but think I should take advantage of the sales before it ends..

Im craving some online PvP, but sadly that's one area that's lacking in stadia's library, stadia has ruined me, I can just download something on PC and play Battlefield or CoD, but downloading games just seems ancient now haha, sounds stupid I know!

Soldato
Slowly making my way through cyberpunk, but can't help but think I should take advantage of the sales before it ends..

Im craving some online PvP, but sadly that's one area that's lacking in stadia's library, stadia has ruined me, I can just download something on PC and play Battlefield or CoD, but downloading games just seems ancient now haha, sounds stupid I know!

I know exactly what you mean! Download an update? Put in a disc? No thank you! :D

Soldato
well as luck would have it, driving home this morning after doing the school run....who do I see at the end of my road

Virgin Media :D:D:D only been waiting for them for the last 13 years :eek:

Had a quick word with the engineers who said they are putting in the new D3.1 system for all houses on my estate. Quick google search tells me it's a bit quicker than my 60mb lol

Bye, Bye crappy BT!

That's a nice start to 2021

Soldato
Anyone tried Doom Eternal on Stadia? Thinking of picking it up

I own it.
It's one of the best ports on Stadia IMO along with Mortal Kombat.

I play mainly on the TV through Chromecast and it feels like local play.

When playing on PC using KB and Mouse, there is slight delay that I feel. It doesn't make it unplayable but if you come from playing a lot of FPS on the PC, then it's not a super good experience.

Soldato
I own it.
It's one of the best ports on Stadia IMO along with Mortal Kombat.

I play mainly on the TV through Chromecast and it feels like local play.

When playing on PC using KB and Mouse, there is slight delay that I feel. It doesn't make it unplayable but if you come from playing a lot of FPS on the PC, then it's not a super good experience.

Cool, I'll give a go then!

edit: Oh wait, its no longer on sale :(

Soldato
Really happy WWE 2K Battlegrounds is on free weekend!

I was going to purchase it in the Christmas sale but wasn't sure how much id like it. Hopefully get to stick my teeth into it this weekend. And to top it off, if I do like it, it's even cheaper than it was in the Christmas sale

Associate
I dont really use Stadia anymore but the controller is fantastic imo and its my goto controller for Apex Legends and a few other titles on PC. I used a program called Xoutput to set it up and its all gravy.

Soldato
I've just read that the Stadia controller, when plugged into USB C on a smartphone, is compatible with GeForce Now and GamePass.

Just signed up to GamePass for £1 for 3 months to give it a try. Really try to avoid touch controls if I can.

First 5 minutes in to xCloud and can already tell there is more latency than with Stadia. Bearing in mind this is only my first game in xCloud, so will have to check out some more soon.

I also tried GeForce now on PC and that was better than xCloud but still suffered with minor noticeable latency.

Stadia has by far been the best for me in regards to latency

Soldato
I've just read that the Stadia controller, when plugged into USB C on a smartphone, is compatible with GeForce Now and GamePass.

Just signed up to GamePass for £1 for 3 months to give it a try. Really try to avoid touch controls if I can.

First 5 minutes in to xCloud and can already tell there is more latency than with Stadia. Bearing in mind this is only my first game in xCloud, so will have to check out some more soon.

I also tried GeForce now on PC and that was better than xCloud but still suffered with minor noticeable latency.

Stadia has by far been the best for me in regards to latency

xCloud isn't a patch on Stadia right now. Microsoft seem to be moving quite slow with it TBH. It's fine as a freebie bundled with Game Pass, but I doubt anyone would pay for it standalone as it is today.

They're supposed to be upgrading the server hardware this year, so it could be an interesting ptoduct in 12-18 months.

Associate
So after 14 months of using Stadia for anyone new to the thread and/or interested in some hopefully objective feedback.

Who am I - I am a 40 something gamer who has played computer games on and off (mainly on) my whole life. I have had consoles and PCs over my gaming time and have switched between the two. I have played FPS in the past but is not my primary interest now. I mainly enjoy RTS games and also RPG open world ones. My gaming is usually the odd hour here and there outside of family commitments. It has increased in lockdown! My income is above average but with a family justifying expense is probably more of an issue than actually having money.

What games I use it for - Since getting Stadia I have mainly played through First person Adventure/RPG open world games. Tomb Raiders, Red Dead II, Assassin's Creed. I have also played a bit of Sniper Elite. I have a Pro subscription and have tried some of the more indie games that come with that but none of grabbed me yet.

How I play - Although I do have an Ultra Chromecast I mainly play on a Windows PC using Edge. I have however played on a Macbook (12"), Ipad and the Chromecast connected to my Projector on occasions. I have a 200meg VM connection which is shared with 1 other adult and 2 teenagers. I would say at present I am probably averaging 6 hours a week.

What I like about Stadia - for me it is the convenience and stability. When I have a window to play I am up and running in a minute. No patches, no CTD and no faffing with settings to optimise. I don't have the time or desire for that. My personal experience is that I get good graphics with little blockiness or slowdowns 99% of the time. The controller is robust and good to use. The new releases for Games are comparably priced to other platforms but there are usually some good offers for slightly older titles though if you have the Pro.

What I don't like about Stadia - The Graphics do lack something compared to a top end console or PC. My son has a half decent PC and the games do look crisper on that compared to when I am playing in a browser. Also it is limited to 1080p on a Mac as it doesn't support the 4k codec. Hopefully that is something which will change in the future.

The Economics of it - It costs me £9 per month as a subscription and then the cost of the games I want to buy on top. I could buy a new console or PC if I wanted to but I am happy with Stadia at present. The subscription vs purchase doesn't bother me.

I'd be interested in others views having used it for a while.

Back
Top Bottom