• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I recently bought full PC build from OCUK with ASUS 3080 Strix OC, using a loan, so Im assuming that I might pay my loan fully before I get my fresh new pc in my hands (knowing 3080 queue list) :D may odds be in your favor :D
I also ordered a full build with the ASUS 3080 TUF, bells and whistles etc etc I'm now 2nd or 4th in the queue (I cant remember and I'm not obsessing enough to check again)
Either way the build is just waiting for the card, which is currently stuck on a port (AFAIK).

The Pre Build queues are coming along steadily, and we are in no way shape or form struggling half as much as the people waiting for the card alone, so I wouldn't squeal about it too loudly just yet, you'll probably have it long before most of the people here do.

Soldato
No it isn't :) they were up for about 15 mins. I couldn't get the checkout to work boo. I guess it was being hammered.

Yes it was. I entered post code to checked for available delivery then added it to basket and checkout page appeared with available delivery slots. Checkout was worked fine and cards was still in stock then I replied @dvinell post.

15 mins was plenty of time with enough attempts to checkout if website was hammered a few mins later. Few people were very lucky to grabbed it within 15 mins, hope @dvinell managed to grabbed it. What a shame you were unlucky not able to get checkout worked.

Keep try next time. :)

Associate
Might as well cancel your orders. By the time they arrive the rtx4080 will be out. Utter shambles from Nvidia and AMD. Here's hoping the miners bubble hurrys up and burst and some normality can come back. Ironic as soon as new cards come out at slightly better prices than last gen the mining booms back and were back to an even worse mess of a pc industry than it was before. What a rubbish last 3 years. Tbh I shouldn't let it bother me, my gtx980ti plays everything fine, I guess I'll get to keep my money longer and in my account.

Associate
Ok so here we go. I'm 4th in queue for a 3080 Ventus OC. 10 are coming.

I live in Ireland, but I have not had any email telling me I was on hold etc so I can only expect my card will be shipped later this week. Let's see what happens with ocuk and DPD. Worth noting I had a processor and motherboard shipped by 2 competitors last week without issue

Associate
Here's my story...

Asus GeForce RTX 3080 TUF Gaming OC 10GB GDDR6X PCI-Express Graphics Card

• 25 Sept 2020 - Your order has been received
  • 2 Oct 2020 - queue position 670
  • 8 Oct 2020 - queue position 636
  • 14 Oct 2020 - queue position 617
  • 23 Oct 2020 - queue position 593
  • 29 Oct 2020 - queue position 527
  • 6 Nov 2020 - queue position 486
  • 13 Nov 2020 - queue position 421
  • 20 Nov 2020 - queue position 405
  • 27 Nov 2020 - queue position 269
  • 4 Dec 2020 - queue position 263
  • 11 Dec 2020 - queue position 262
  • 19 Dec 2020 - queue position 167
  • 24 Dec 2020 - queue position 110
  • 8 Jan 2020 - queue position 26
  • 15 Jan 2020 - queue position 26
  • 22 Jan 2020 - queue position 26
  • 29 Jan 2020 - queue position 25
I really wish I hadn't sold my gfx card before getting this thing plugged in....

Soldato
This isn't a dig at you but, this is an example of what I meant a couple of days ago when I mentioned people taking incredibly complex situations and suggesting a really simple solution. I've specifically taken the "Chinese" part out of this post because there's absolutely no reason to distinguish between nationalities in this. Being at max capacity is both a blessing and a curse. You can't just invest in new facilities if you can't be sure that the demand will remain long term, this is how companies go boom and bust. Even if you can find a location you've got to be able to find the machinery that you need, and the staff to operate it...and then who trains these staff members when everybody you have on staff is already pushed to their limit? do you sacrifice productivity for a month or two?
So, great, you've made a massive upfront investment, found or built another building, populated it with machines, tools & a much larger work force, but can you source all of the parts that you need to double production? & what happens when your production capacity exceeds demand? you've now got double the costs without double the ongoing revenue. Can you survive in that situation?

it's a similar situation for us at the moment...phone lines jammed - "hire more staff" - but what about training? network capacity? phones? ongoing staffing costs once demand returns to normal?
Warehouse swamped - "hire more staff" - but what about training? Covid protocols? we've already got as many people as we can safely fit in our warehouse space..."get a bigger warehouse" - but what about our lease? what if we can't find a suitable location? "build one" - finding a site, planning permission, build, integrate network, move - that's a two year job at best.
"I'm fed up of waiting why don't you offer us an alternative card?" - see above, phone lines are jammed, we don't have the man power to contact hundreds of customers to have that conversation - "so hire more staff" - rinse & repeat - "allow us to do it online" - How? our website can't manage that - "get a new website" - We are! we've been working on it for two years already, off the shelf solutions don't exist for a company like us who require complex features such as those which you are asking for.

You see what I mean?
There are always complexities, blockers and long term considerations for ever apparently simple problem. People get angry because they believe that the solution to their problem is simple and think that companies are lazy or negligent for not carrying out said simple solution, but very few people truly grasp the actual magnitude of even the 'smallest' changes, and the bigger the company the harder it is to make such changes.

I agree it is a risk.

The problem is sometimes you just have to take that punt, otherwise you can end up with perpetual supply shortages.

As the years have rolled by shareholders become harder to please, taking risk unless a new starter company is become more of a rare thing in business, sometimes its just low confidence because as you said getting it wrong could make some companies go broke, other times because its been discovered that a supply shortage is actually more profitable (higher demand = higher prices). So I do agree with you.

On your phone lines, for ocuk I can see it been a temporary issue only because of the large backorders which gibbo has already confirmed you guys wont be repeating, so yeah its just a case of riding through it and things will settle on that.

Last edited:
Associate
Ok so here we go. I'm 4th in queue for a 3080 Ventus OC. 10 are coming.

I live in Ireland, but I have not had any email telling me I was on hold etc so I can only expect my card will be shipped later this week. Let's see what happens with ocuk and DPD. Worth noting I had a processor and motherboard shipped by 2 competitors last week without issue
dont hold your breath i reached 0 in the que for 3080 tuf oc a month ago and still dont have my card because im irish and brexit happened in the meantime

Associate
Any kinda of update on the dpd stuff, been inactive on the forums for a few days.
i was contacted again about it in webnote today and after already waiting a month since my card wash first shipped to me after a nearly 5 month wait im told they dont know how long and that it will be a "few more weeks" getting so annoyed

Associate
Reading this thread....it's a joke. I can't believe some have been waiting since September even when they managed to get an order. That is totally unacceptable and the biggest ****take imaginable. I would have had enough long ago.

I tried to get one on launch day (3080). Site was down within seconds and the entire site was unusable for a whole day or two...seriosuly? Since then, I've seen the prices go up and up to the point that it's shambolic. I've seen 6800XT's for £1300....are you serious? That is double what it should be. CPU's are also hard to get and cost more than they should.

I have decided to simply wait until the market cools down (if it ever will) which I reckon will be June-July. Mind you, that is nearly a year after launch (can't believe I'm saying that) and paying £650-£700 for a GPU a year into it's gen, when there could be another gen around the corner, is BAD value. They need to delay the next gen at least six months after this shambles, imo.

In all my computing life, I have never seen a ****take and a joke as big as this, to be honest. It even surpasses the previous mining craze. I am the most impatient guy ever, but there is no way I am paying DOUBLE rrp for a GPU during this time of pandemic. It's a good job I've given up on the whole thing, because with my patience, if I was waiting for a card....I would have gone bloody mad by now.

Last edited:
Associate
Wow, I took a break and forgot about graphics cards for a couple of days and it turns out 10 pcs of Ventus are due in.

Hopefully that pushes me into the <50 queue range, so if a respectable batch comes I won't be hanging at single digits for a while :eek:

Congratulations to all the lucky ones :p

Associate
Reading this thread....it's a joke. I can't believe some have been waiting since September even when they managed to get an order. That is totally unacceptable and the biggest ****take imaginable. I would have had enough long ago.

I tried to get one on launch day (3080). Site was down within seconds and the entire site was unusable for a whole day or two...seriosuly? Since then, I've seen the prices go up and up to the point that it's shambolic. I've seen 6800XT's for £1300....are you serious? That is double what it should be. CPU's are also hard to get and cost more than they should.

I have decided to simply wait until the market cools down (if it ever will) which I reckon will be June-July. Mind you, that is nearly a year after launch (can't believe I'm saying that) and paying £650-£700 for a GPU a year into it's gen, when there could be another gen around the corner, is BAD value. They need to delay the next gen at least six months after this shambles, imo.

In all my computing life, I have never seen a ****take and a joke as big as this, to be honest. It even surpasses the previous mining craze. I am the most impatient guy ever, but there is no way I am paying DOUBLE rrp for a GPU during this time of pandemic. It's a good job I've given up on the whole thing, because with my patience, if I was waiting for a card....I would have gone bloody mad by now.
When I placed my order on the 18th of September I was under no illusion that I'd be getting my card anytime soon. Hence the decision to make the order using the finance option (buy now pay 12 months later). The choice was place an order and wait or spend each day searching various stores and refreshing like a madman.

Sure this has been trying but I def feel the option I chose (I'm currently next in line for a Gigabyte Gaming OC) was def preferable to the frustration of getting a card to checkout multiple times to only find out after the fact that bots/scalpers got there first...

Last edited:
Associate

£650-700 is going to be happening at any point between now and the 4080...

Only way you'll get that is with an FE, it was never a real price-point for any of the other cards beyond the first few seconds of the launch.

Back
Top Bottom