NFL 2020 Season

Soldato
I think he's similar to Rivers as a good regular season QB. And at times has been a top-10 QB and something the Lions could build around (hence my use of franchise QB earlier). But whether he can do that in the bigger games is up for debate.

The Rams are certainly gambling on their window so he won't have long to prove it.

unfortunatley after what they wasted on goff and other trades, our last 1st round draft pick was goff the next one we have a chance of is 2024......

how the front office have survived i don't know, added to that:

By agreeing to trade Goff to the Lions on Saturday night, the Rams will incur a dead cap charge of $22.2 million in 2021. That’s the largest single-season dead cap hit in NFL history, surpassing … Brandin Cooks’ of $21.8 million from last year.

gurley was designated a post-June 1 cut, so his $20.15 million dead cap charge was spread across the 2020 and 2021 seasons.

so they not only gave up 1st round picks they added chunks of dead cap as well.

Associate
how the front office have survived i don't know, added to that:

I don't know. I feel like there's a lot to like about the Rams. 3 playoff appearances in the last 4 seasons. An SB run. Some major talent on the roster including one of the best Defenses in the league. A good HC, and GM that is being aggressive. All in a stunning new state of the art stadium. Stafford could do very well and I imagine the Rams are going to be pushing the post-season again.

Sure there seems to some stunning gambling of high draft picks but at the moment the formula appears to be working. Will be interesting to see how they cope with the long-term impact of limited draft capitol.

Soldato
will be intersting to see how the defence does under a new co ordinator next season.

rams ability to draft so poorly in the 1st round is a concern, but my mine worry about it is that the 1st round does offer up solid talent in some positions, one of which is left tackle and we need something as whitworth is 39, not sure he will still be playing by 2024, but then i figure they will give up 2024/25 1st rounders for a left tackle :(

Associate
Yep. Veteran talent once they are established costs much more (i.e. Mack, Ramsey etc.). Although you are buying a known quantity. I think the other thing is that it means you must really have high success rates in later rounds of the draft and get value in other areas with FAs and trades.

Associate
i'm hoping for a bucs win, but i just know their defence is going to have one of their poor games with hill going over 200yds :(
No way!! Can't do with Brady. Really disliked the patriots for such a long time. Now my dislike seems to be more aimed towards the Buc's. Guess thats because the Patriots are no longer the force they were

Associate
Two PI for uncatchable balls :D? Second one for sure was a hold but please learn the rules refs

Here's the thing, both were clear fouls. There's no question about that.

Were the balls uncatchable? That's a much harder question to answer. And after seeing both, I'm not sure you can say with confidence that barring the fouls they couldn't have caught the ball.

All that aside, the Chiefs are playing poorly on defense. That's pretty obvious imo.

Back
Top Bottom