Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
It's over, it's dead in the water.....More than half the shorts positions have exited....
According to what, S3's guesstimate that offered 2 massively contradicting opinions within a few hours of each other and has potentially re-calculated it based off the synthetic shares rather than the actual real float? No one knows as the latest official data isn't even released yet.

https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/are...buy-right-now-5-names-to-watch-2021-01-31?amp

"As of January 29th GME stock is still the most heavily shorted stock in the market, with a short interest of 121.07%"

How exactly did more than half of the shorts exit over the weekend without the price rising? Please explain

Soldato
According to what, S3's guesstimate that offered 2 massively contradicting opinions within a few hours of each other and has potentially re-calculated it based off the synthetic shares rather than the actual real float? No one knows as the latest official data isn't even released yet.

https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/are...buy-right-now-5-names-to-watch-2021-01-31?amp

"As of January 29th GME stock is still the most heavily shorted stock in the market, with a short interest of 121.07%"

How exactly did more than half of the shorts exit over the weekend without the price rising? Please explain

I would take the word of S3 partners 16 year history in this market, over some random reddit user.

Short interest—the amount of stock investors have borrowed and sold in hopes of buying it back later at a lower price—is now $8.82 billion, or 53% of shares available for trading, Ihor Dusaniwsky, a managing director at S3 Partners, a short-selling analytics firm, tells Barron’s. He notes that shares shorted declined 56% over the last week, implying many short sellers have exited their positions.

“While long shareholders are looking at significant mark-to-market gains, shorts are now down -$13.38 billion in year-to-date mark-to-market losses,” he wrote. “Both fundamental and momentum short sellers have found opportunities and price exit points to trim their positions in the face of these losses as the GME short squeeze is in full force.”

https://www.morningstar.com/news/ma...-more-than-half-of-short-positions-eliminated

Just my opinion mind you - nothing more than that.

Caporegime
Ultimately its all just such a massive risk now.

Even getting in at the current price (146 usd), you still have no guarantee of this 'short squeeze' happening, and just as much chance of the shares plummeting to where they were before Xmas (ie ~10 usd).

If you could get in when the share price was about normal, you really did not have much to lose. Right now, any sort of big money put into it has the potential to vanish into almost nothing.

Soldato
I would take the word of S3 partners 16 year history in this market, over some random reddit user.

Did you catch the update they did? % short was decreasing very slowly, they posted the same update even on Sunday morning. Then magically they have an announcement at 5pm stating it's been cut in half on Friday. Down 28M with a trading volume on that day of just 50M. Surely that should make you at least a little sceptical?

Soldato
Ok - Put it another way.

Right here, right now - You have $2500 to invest anywhere. Are you sticking it into GME ?

How is that putting it another way from what you have been saying? lol
if you have £2500 that you can lose and live with out then put it in GME, though likely another dip this afternoon.

Soldato
How is that putting it another way from what you have been saying? lol
if you have £2500 that you can lose and live with out then put it in GME, though likely another dip this afternoon.

I'm saying - putting all the bluster to one side for a moment. NONE of us know the true position of the shorts, we can speculate all we want. You say I'm in the wrong, I disagree.

What I'm asking is - do you believe the Reddit Hype train?

Soldato
I'm saying - putting all the bluster to one side for a moment. NONE of us know the true position of the shorts, we can speculate all we want. You say I'm in the wrong, I disagree.

What I'm asking is - do you believe the Reddit Hype train?
If it was just hype then no. However they way the markets have been playing, the massive increase is not hype, the rather odd amount of fake share news suddenly coming out from multiple sources, would make me lean towards theirs more in it than hype. Its an absolute gamble, im not in it for much. We have seen many times how the short game can work.

Soldato

fez

fez

Caporegime
NONE of us know the true position of the shorts, we can speculate all we want. You say I'm in the wrong, I disagree.

This is the truth of it and the shorters know it. They can easily manipulate these figures to paint different stories to the reality. All the speculation is just related to how they might be doing this.

Essentially we can roughly know how many shares are shorted but we have very little info on what those actual positions are. I could know that 9/10 of my friends own money on their house but that isn't very useful in deciding if any of them are actually wealthy. All 9 of them could own £5k on their mortgage or all 9 of them could owe £500k on their mortgage.

Soldato
I forget which subreddit and can't find it now. But there was a different subreddit pushing silver at the time.
I'm not a reddit user usually so not gonna claim to follow every sub and thus the story isn't true, I just know it wasn't pushed on the wsb one :X

Soldato
The stock has become massively overvalued by the pump...it's entirely to be expected that there is a large short % against it now...I'm sure there's plenty at the 300+ mark that are going to make a killing from this dump.

Soldato
I'm sure it's mentioned in this thread somewhere but since some of the apps (i.e. Stake) have said there US brokers won't buy AMC/GME stock what sites/apps are you using now?

M.

Back
Top Bottom