Post Your Daily Encounter Pics Here

Man of Honour
Is there no number you can call?

Depends where you are - there are some local wildlife rescue charities like Wildlife Aid Foundation (https://www.wildlifeaid.org.uk/) or RSPCA will sometimes come out but they are seriously struggling at the moment due to lack of donations.

Deer however don't do well with recovery in captivity, in-fact they mostly die from shock rather than their injuries.

Soldato
Foxes will get it.

I'm not so certain. I drive up and down the A12 weekdays & I've lost count of the amount of dead muntjac deer lying at the roadside untouched for months on end. I know that traffic would put them off as the A12 is (probably) the busiest road in Essex, but they do close it overnight.

It may well depend on where that was. Cruel though poor thing. I have had a herd of deer run across the road in front of me on my Tuesday round driving through Rendlesham forest.

Word of advice to anyone driving in norfolk or suffolk. Don't speed on country roads at night because sods law you'll hit a adult deer & you'll end up as dead as said deer. Got that advice off a norfolk youtuber.

bJN

bJN

Soldato
I'm not so certain. I drive up and down the A12 weekdays & I've lost count of the amount of dead muntjac deer lying at the roadside untouched for months on end. I know that traffic would put them off as the A12 is (probably) the busiest road in Essex, but they do close it overnight.

It may well depend on where that was. Cruel though poor thing. I have had a herd of deer run across the road in front of me on my Tuesday round driving through Rendlesham forest.

Word of advice to anyone driving in norfolk or suffolk. Don't speed on country roads at night because sods law you'll hit a adult deer & you'll end up as dead as said deer. Got that advice off a norfolk youtuber.
Working in the Norfolk coast I can attest to this. Every year a couple of people from work will usually hit one around this time if year. Always in the morning on the way too work though, never on the way home. Luckily haven't had the pleasure myself, yet...

Soldato
Ironic that today when I least expected it, I was about to cross the Suffolk border back into Essex this morning & I saw a muntjac deer crossing the road in broad daylight. Much bigger than I thought too. I always assumed they were nocturnal.
Another lesson learned in the school of life.

I know where that happened. I've shopped in the co-op opposite on one of my day trips into 'town' a couple of years back. Wouldnt surprise me if that was a deliberate collision in order to get away.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I know where that happened. I've shopped in the co-op opposite on one of my day trips into 'town' a couple of years back. Wouldnt surprise me if that was a deliberate collision in order to get away.

Spot on. We have a few massive council blocks here and I suspect also a large do-as-you-likey camp somewhere as I see at least one petty crime a week here. The most popular two crimes are phone snatching by little scrotes on electric bicycles, the other is when couriers open their vans and are shuffling packages around inside, someone will zip past, grab as much as they can and either sprint or cycle off.

Coppers don't seem interested at all.

Associate
i remember some years back running over a badger.....sat in the car wondering whether to get out and move the body, when all of a sudden the car starts to move sideways to the grass verge. tough little bugger dropped into the gully and slinked off into the field, needed a new engine in my car wrecked the sump and front valance.

Soldato
He said it's quite slow by modern standards, it's 220 odd BHP but weighs around 1200KG. Even still 0-60 is a tad under 6s. When we went out for a convoy drive he asked me not to accelerate too fast as he can't keep up :p

It's not about power/speed in cars like that though. The noise alone and sense of drama make it feel like you're pushing on silly digits :cool: That's what driving enjoyment is all about.

Old quote I know but it's very true that you get to enjoy much more of the car's capabilities within legal limits on the roads.

Associate
Saw this while I was out walking and thought it looked pretty mad with the snorkel/winch/lightbar. It didn't have any name tags on the back. Is it a G Wagon?

4x4.png

Caporegime
Saw an OG G-wagen the other day too, such a contrast to the current gen. Little biscuit wheels with much meatier tyres, no wide arch stuff, just a simple, basic machine for getting from A to B in almost any circumstances imaginable.

It really highlighted how compromised the G wagons are as luxury cars. They're not luxury cars, they're utilitarian tractors with luxury stuff added in.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Saw an OG G-wagen the other day too, such a contrast to the current gen. Little biscuit wheels with much meatier tyres, no wide arch stuff, just a simple, basic machine for getting from A to B in almost any circumstances imaginable.

It really highlighted how compromised the G wagons are as luxury cars. They're not luxury cars, they're utilitarian tractors with luxury stuff added in.
Nothing says luxury like this! Try not to throw up all over your desk, and just look at those luxurious rear seats!
https://vavato.com/en/homepage/classic-cars-youngtimers-23-02-2021/mercedes-g500-2007

KJE8wSY.jpg

OXXQNxd.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom