My dream monitor - does it exist?

Associate
As per topic title, I'm wanting to get the monitor that will tick absolutely every box and I was unsure if anyone was aware of whether it exists. Requirements are:

- Ultrawide
- High hz, nothing below 144... more the merrier
- HDMI 2.1 (2 would be preference for consoles).
- VESA mounts

Please help :)

Soldato
Does your dream GPU exist? that's the question I'd be asking first

Followed by does my wallet permit it. Sounds very expensive.

I don't understand the fascination with 4K and high Hz screens. Not a dig at you OP, just an observation. I had a friend the recently say he wanted a 200Hz 4K screen and my first thought was is there even a GPU out there that's going to take advantage of that refresh rate when playing modern games?

Soldato
I'm running a 3090fe with an Ultra wide screen that goes up to 160/175hz 1600p, I spent 70 hours of Cyberpunk at 50FPS.
If you want that sort of screen, (not that there is one) then your 1080 won't cut it, then I'm betting your PSU won't cut a GPU that can. As above, can your wallet?

Associate
OP
Wanted the 4k and high frames for the newer consoles (hence my asking about hdmi 2.1) as it's suggested they can do it. The ultrawide aspect, yes I understand my GPU would struggle with 4k.. but in time I will upgrade. I'm looking for a monitor that is "1 size fits all" if that makes sense.

Simply, 1 monitor for PC, Xbox Series X and PS5.

Soldato
I don't understand the fascination with 4K and high Hz screens. Not a dig at you OP, just an observation. I had a friend the recently say he wanted a 200Hz 4K screen and my first thought was is there even a GPU out there that's going to take advantage of that refresh rate when playing modern games?

Makes sense with g-sync/freesync.

Ultra/high settings with lower fps for single player games. Then low settings for multiplayer and high fps. Don't have to run on the highest settings available, if you want a high refresh screen I would assume you play competitive multiplayer games, and well most of the time low settings are best (high normally has rubbish that hinders visibility or is distracting).

+ all the older single player games can run 4K/144 & less demanding indie titles.

Makes sense to me, only doesn't make sense if all you play is modern AAA titles and you insist on ultra/high settings.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom