• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
It's still not clear but it's looking increasingly likely that we'll be legally forced to ship goods to Eire with zero VAT, in which case you'll be liable for whatever charges are levied in your country. If this comes to pass and that is completely unacceptable to you then I'm really sorry but cancellation is the only legal option that remains.

Certainly not going to offer you any 'helpful advice' without knowing all the pieces that are in motion, but FWIW, my own investigations into how all this now works, for my own businesses have reached the same conclusion.

Shipping zero-rated to the EU appears to be the only way you can do B2C sales of products of this value manufactured outside the UK/EU for now.

Associate
You have been my voice on this forum as I am 72nd in queue for gigabyte gaming OC.

Happy to see you move on! Have fun!

Glad to see another Gigabyte Gaming OC “owner” in the queue. I’ll be getting excited once you receive your shipping email as I am 90th in queue... I suppose 89th now.

@ChemicalWorld enjoy your card, I would be counting down the clock till I can finish work and install my new card.

Associate
I think so many people do not follow the news in general to see where this problem all started.
In 2019 Sony and Microsoft began booking their slots to large chip manufacturers. As well as ordering memory.
Already 2020 was predicting to have issues in supply of GDDR memory.
Nvidia and AMD followed ordering their slots which had all the tech press telling us new cards were coming like we already knew.
Covid arrives.
Trump makes a mess with China trade.
Globally things slow with covid.
Consoles sell out instantly and are scalped.
The cards release - sold out instantly and are scalped.
Even car manufacturers struggle to get components orders.
Everything is at capacity and so even manufacturers orders are queued.
Felixstowe port has half a container ship of containers stuck causing some ships to divert and others to queue up.
Container fees begin to rise.
Then here in the UK. We Brexit.
With a "trade deal" but folk like Boris have no idea how that deal translates into paperwork with existing systems.
Instead of logistics people working those details months ago, it is agreed in principal days before.
Vaccines start arriving and take over space on mostly air cargo.
And those cheeky Chinese are actually taking some time off for a New Year!!! How dare they!
Now we have cardboard shortage! Nevermind concrete! Bloody amazon took all the cardboard!

Soon Godzilla will start to attack container ships.
Especially the ones with graphics cards.

And it is one persons fault and one person only!
It is your fault! :) You bought the bloody thing. You created the demand. You and all your pals wanting bloody new things. All of you. With your consoles. Your TVs. Your cards. And so on. :p

:D
Of course I want a new thing, I'm stilling using my 970 :D

Associate
Glad to see another Gigabyte Gaming OC “owner” in the queue. I’ll be getting excited once you receive your shipping email as I am 90th in queue... I suppose 89th now.

@ChemicalWorld enjoy your card, I would be counting down the clock till I can finish work and install my new card.
Just got my time slot from DPD. It's out for delivery and should be here between 11:15 and 12:15 :D

Think I'll take an early break from work and start a nice clean up of my rig in prep (need to give my GTX 1080 TI a good clean as it'll be moving to a new home tomorrow :D)

Associate
3090s are now selling for 2k+ on 90% of the etailers, big price increases
It is likely that the disproportionate amount of 3090s is due to the chipsets binning extremely well and why blow a chip capable of a 3090 into a 3080 when you can sell it for more?

Besides, I bet a lot of 3080 customers like me that have already paid for their card months ago consider the money gone and can commit another batch of cash to get a 3090. I was almost there myself, but I need an Asus card to complete my build and not willing to go to £2k so my wait continues.

Permabanned
It is likely that the disproportionate amount of 3090s is due to the chipsets binning extremely well and why blow a chip capable of a 3090 into a 3080 when you can sell it for more?

Besides, I bet a lot of 3080 customers like me that have already paid for their card months ago consider the money gone and can commit another batch of cash to get a 3090. I was almost there myself, but I need an Asus card to complete my build and not willing to go to £2k so my wait continues.
Honestly IF I could I would buy a 3090 Strix instead but it would require a upgraded PSU which is another thing that is having a shortage issue....

Associate
Honestly IF I could I would buy a 3090 Strix instead but it would require a upgraded PSU which is another thing that is having a shortage issue....
It is hard to get anything. I thought I would get a new set of 4 x RGB matching fans but this is also very hard. I do not think you can DIY build a whole system at the moment.
On the PSU I was a bit annoyed that NVidia posted 750W recommended on their website for a 3080 but then ASUS posted 850W which I managed to get hold of before everything disappeared. Even so, I will be on the edge with a STRIX 3090 but as I only have a 10700KF it should be ok. TUF 3090 would be ok as ASUS spec 850.

Permabanned
It is hard to get anything. I thought I would get a new set of 4 x RGB matching fans but this is also very hard. I do not think you can DIY build a whole system at the moment.
On the PSU I was a bit annoyed that NVidia posted 750W recommended on their website for a 3080 but then ASUS posted 850W which I managed to get hold of before everything disappeared. Even so, I will be on the edge with a STRIX 3090 but as I only have a 10700KF it should be ok. TUF 3090 would be ok as ASUS spec 850.
Ah ya, im running a 3700x so a 750W is fine for me. Atm prebuilts are actually more viable for first time build now than actually buying parts sadly.

Associate
Ah ya, im running a 3700x so a 750W is fine for me. Atm prebuilts are actually more viable for first time build now than actually buying parts sadly.
Yeah, and cheaper than a 3080 on its own. It is like fast food restaurants where a meal deal is cheaper than a box of fries on its own.:D

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Each to their own, but I'd not apologise.
Scotti isn't bad, but equally my mental image of him will forever be a grumpy old grandad in an armchair shouting for the kids to get off his lawn.
I certainly feel like I'm getting there a lot faster these days. I think it's definitely my ultimate destination.

I'm sorry if you feel like I snapped at you, I shouldn't have, I was definitely frustrated by the incorrect information that you posted.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
@Gibbo @ScottiB
Is there any more info on the msi shipment?

Extra:
sorry for not knowing this but how long does it take to get cards from the ports/customs to arrive at OCuk?

The core problem with MSI is that they only provide shipping dates. Those mean absolutely nothing in the current climate. Once shipped, the couriers still need to find a flight or a truck to the UK, the import agents need to get them through customs and on a truck to the distributor and the distributors needs to book them in, cross check with the allocation information and then contact us for the purchase order. As it stands I honestly couldn't tell you if that will take 7 days or 7 weeks.

We've had to stop giving you guys the early information simply because people get even more impatient when there's a light at the end of the tunnel, it just triggers lots of daily "well, where are they?" questions.

There were 18 lines of MSI VGA supposedly shipping out from MSI on the 14th and about 10 more on the 18th, I've only seen four or five of those lines come through so far. I honestly can't tell you where the rest are at this time.
We are still waiting for some of those 18 lines from last month's shipments.
On top of that we've been given shipping dates for the next two batches and there isn't a single 3080 Ventus in either. I expect that these two batches will be the last until after Chinese New Year

Associate
pxl_20210203_11412480tzk4u.jpg

pxl_20210203_12223565c0jmj.jpg
Happy days! And not DOA thank bleep! Thanks OCUK for pulling through!

Associate
How in the hell has 70 something Tuf 3080 non oc's come in the last 2 weeks but the list only goes down 2 places?... how are we to trust any of this?

Did they come in or what? not processed?

Back
Top Bottom