Google Pixel 5

Soldato
Does anybody use the HSBC banking app? It's worked perfectly for the last few months, however in the past week I've lost the ability to log in with my fingerprint. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but still having no joy.

I have the app and I had this issue yesterday but it was also halifax so I rebooted my phone and it worked fine.

Associate
I have the app and I had this issue yesterday but it was also halifax so I rebooted my phone and it worked fine.

Rebooting unfortunately makes no difference, still not there. In the app security settings all it shows is for signing in with the DSK

Checked on my 2xl and the finger print reader has gone for me too. HSBC are useless at software development.

At least it's not just me then. Hopefully there'll be a fix fairly soon.

Associate
Sorted it :)

For some reason the app hadn't automatically updated to the latest version (from Jan 15th) even though I've got auto updates on and only just tried uninstalling and reinstalling it yesterday. Did a manual update and now working again.

True but I don't think they want to race with that spot, as Samsung have to up their game more etc and it's not what pixels are about. I'm happy with the p5.

The improvements for p6 are what I consider very basic.

A better speakers. - most important
XL size
Faster specs as you'd expect for a newer phone.

For me personally I'd like the front cam removed or put under screen hidden away as I never use it, but know that's just going to be me.

Soldato
Faster specs as you'd expect for a newer phone.

I'm not sure how that logic goes? You could say for the price, for a flagship, for Google's only phone... but because it's new? Unless you mean, next years chipset (not saying that the current phone should have had a faster chipset) in which case, that's rather stating the obvious :)

I agree it would be nice to have a better speaker. A couple of times I've had to take a call using the under screen speaker and it really isn't very good.

Soldato
Had the pixel 5 almost 2 weeks, love it. So simple, snappy and smart looking imo.

If I had one complaint it's call volume. Had a few calls this week and struggled with that a bit especially in my work environment but otherwise it's been great and Ill be sticking with Google going forward I think

Associate
Had the pixel 5 almost 2 weeks, love it. So simple, snappy and smart looking imo.

If I had one complaint it's call volume. Had a few calls this week and struggled with that a bit especially in my work environment but otherwise it's been great and Ill be sticking with Google going forward I think

I'm a little surprised by this, my old Pixel 2 was dire, the Pixel 5 for me is really loud and I wouldn't say I have good hearing, just wondering if yours is a little duff ?. Agree with the general sentiment of the phone though, for me its the best phone I've owned, its great, don't think I have a single complaint in fact.

Associate
So...

EE not really playing ball as regards an upgrade, which has surprised me. Too much money, and too little data.
CPW have Pixel 5 with 54gb, unlimited minutes and texts, £34 per month with a tenner up front. On Vodafone.
Did not really want to leave EE, but that seems a pretty good deal.

Not been with Vodafone for years. Anything to be wary of?
One benefit of Voda is they have better coverage on the east coast where our holiday home (Static Caravan) is.

Soldato
So...

EE not really playing ball as regards an upgrade, which has surprised me. Too much money, and too little data.
CPW have Pixel 5 with 54gb, unlimited minutes and texts, £34 per month with a tenner up front. On Vodafone.
Did not really want to leave EE, but that seems a pretty good deal.

Not been with Vodafone for years. Anything to be wary of?
One benefit of Voda is they have better coverage on the east coast where our holiday home (Static Caravan) is.

am with Voda for last 3 years and OH just got new contract with them with pixel via CPW.
No problems at all.

Back
Top Bottom