New Dell IPS S2721DGF 165hz gaming monitor

Soldato
Managed to sort it out. probably totally wrong but it looks right to my eyes. It's removed that slight blueing on the whites, which was impossible to get out with the gain correction because the steps were too great, and get rid of the white glare. My settings:

- Brightness 47
- Contrast 61

- Gain all 100.

- turn red saturation down to 46

Enable Custom Color in Radeon Software and..

- Set Color Temperature Control to 6400.

- Set Saturation to 97

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm currently looking for a monitor and so have naturally come across this one.

But despite it seemingly being very popular there are a worrying number of people reporting issues with all sorts of things, colours, receiving returned models with defects, requiring calibration, some are happy, some are disappointed.

Is this "normal" nowadays? I've not bought a monitor for 12 years :D

Soldato

But despite it seemingly being very popular there are a worrying number of people reporting issues with all sorts of things, colours, receiving returned models with defects, requiring calibration, some are happy, some are disappointed.

games, yes! office work, nah..

Associate

it’s hard to get hold of one of these monitors too it seems ? No stock on a few obvious sites including oc

Soldato
It's an IPS panel, that's normal, not really a reason for a return, IPS is well known for "IPS Glow"
it's not so much that the glow is there, it's that the bottom left hand side is way worse than the rest.

does this warrant a return? I've ordered one as well and is worried about the glow/bleed.
I'm speaking to Dell about it tonight so i'll let you know what they say.

Associate
mine got delivered today having placed the order on Monday. eta from Dell is in March but somehow the item turned up mysteriously. overall quality is great and surprised to see HDMI and Displayport cable included in the package. Upgrading from a BenQ XL2420T i can see this is very worthwhile. IPS glow is present and bottom left corner is worse than the rest of the screen area but not as severe as B@Th*nG's. Let us know how it goes with the Dell aftersales.

Soldato
The IPS glow is more apparent when the screen is in a black/standby state.

You can't tell when you're actually using the screen when gaming or watchin videos.
Also mobile phone cameras make it look much wore than what it atually is in use.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom