New Dell IPS S2721DGF 165hz gaming monitor

Soldato
mine got delivered today having placed the order on Monday. eta from Dell is in March but somehow the item turned up mysteriously. overall quality is great and surprised to see HDMI and Displayport cable included in the package. Upgrading from a BenQ XL2420T i can see this is very worthwhile. IPS glow is present and bottom left corner is worse than the rest of the screen area but not as severe as B@Th*nG's. Let us know how it goes with the Dell aftersales.
They are sending me a replacement.

The IPS glow is more apparent when the screen is in a black/standby state.

You can't tell when you're actually using the screen when gaming or watchin videos.
Also mobile phone cameras make it look much wore than what it atually is in use.
to be fair you can see mine in daylight even on non-dark colours.

https://imgur.com/laMfgf4

Soldato
Regarding colour saturation, I noticed since moving to win 10 and the newer drivers I had to turn down saturation in the driver to low 40s, instead of 47%, there seems to be a push for colour saturation now.

Associate
On Curry's site the S2721DGFA is described as silver, is that a mistake, surely it's black? Is that the cheapest place atm with stock?

Soldato
On Curry's site the S2721DGFA is described as silver, is that a mistake, surely it's black? Is that the cheapest place atm with stock?
Collected mine on Friday - I had the same concern... the screen's bezel is black, the base, which is what I think the description is referring too, is kind of 'space grey', iPhone silver - if you know what I mean :D

I'm well happy with mine so far - completely stock.

Associate
If anyone has issues with their monitor going black for a second randomly, it might be worth buying a certified DP cable. I was using a random 1.4 DP cable from the rainforest and after buying a certified one, no issues at all even with GSYNC enabled.

Associate
Order arrived next day delivery. Gah another 27" ips gaming monitor with uneven backlight bleed, another one to send back
Vyu96OY.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Order arrived next day delivery. Gah another 27" ips gaming monitor with uneven backlight bleed, another one to send back
Vyu96OY.jpg
Oh no... is that the Dell direct returns process? I haven't bought directly with them, no stock, so ended up getting on the high-street. Is there a warranty or anything that I need to register?

I think my panel is alright, any quick ways of checking? I've not even tried any games out on it yet :rolleyes:

Associate
I purchased from Currys.
Rather frustrating, trying to get a 27" 144hz ips monitor, I've had two Viewsonic XG2703-GS from the jungle shop and now this Del and all three of them have had the same uneven light bleed in the left hand corner. Is it something to do with the monitor size or the res? My rather ancient 20" 1600x900 Dell IN2020f whilst having the usual slight IPS glow round the edges, it is even and doesn't have glow at a corner so isn't intrusive

Is it actually possible to buy a 27" 144hz IPS panel without this light bleed in a corner issue?

This is how I checked mine in a dark room, see video below watch full screen, you won't notice it in games unless it is a very dark scene. I think quite a few people aren't bothered by it as you only notice it when the screen does black or if you are playing a dark game, watching a dark film or watch one with letterbox black borders. In normal gaming and everyday use you don't notice it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXHcRiSK_ys&t=1499s

Soldato
Question: I'm noticing that explorer windows, browsers etc., that I leave on screen, that have been either manually or snapped to size, are resizing on their own after the monitor wakes from sleep... thoughts?

Associate
Anyone fixed their random black screen issues? Thought a certified cable would do the trick but after about 2 weeks it's back. Replacing the monitor is my last resort, really don't want to be on a phone hold for who knows how long.

Associate
i when i got my s2721dgf in october calibrated the monitor with my datcolor spyder x elite .but before that there are a couple of dell downloads the delkl display manager and the driver app. my monitor runs at 165 no problem and also i did the pixel check that was easy
but calibration is an idividual thing as no 2 monitors are the same. hope this helps . i bought mine to replace my s2716dg i had had since 2016

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Pleased with this monitor. Didn't have to tweak much out of the box, just pulled down the saturation a touch.

DSCF9375.jpg

Back
Top Bottom