Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
I know technical analysis is often scoffed at (and rightly so), but I've been following GME since open with a 9, 20, and 200 EMA (at 1-minute intervals) and so far, it could be used as a textbook case study.

Associate
I know i just said i was going to concentrate on long term holds. But has anyone seen a traders dream more than this (came across it by accident) :p

pkUZ71H.png

That will basically be the spread - you're looking at it, more or less. Google reports the price of the trades, not the midpoint. So the upper ones will be buys and the lower ones sells.

Soldato
Don’t look for peaks and troughs. Just be happy to ride the direction.

If you look for perfect trades you will never be satisfied.
Problem is people want instant gratification. GME has set a standard for buying low at the start of the month and being a millionaire by the end. Doing research yourself, believing in a company's fundamentals and taking the long term view is just boring man!

The same people can't disassociate hindsight either. If we all knew what a stock was going to do, or even Bitcoin, then we'd all be millionaires. If I'd stuck what I paid for my car in Tesla stock last year instead I'd be sitting on £500k+ gains.

Associate
Associate
Tempted to sell my iShares Global Clean Energy ETF shares tomorrow. Still heavily weighted towards PLUG and I think they’re hugely overvalued. I thought they might sort it when rebalancing but hasn’t happened.

That has been a favourite ETF of many but as you point out Plug Power is an issue...I bought this a few weeks ago as my first ETF outside my normal passive funds as I find the sector interesting and of course it is the future. Hoping that the renewable push in the U.S. will provide some growth.

Associate
That has been a favourite ETF of many but as you point out Plug Power is an issue...I bought this a few weeks ago as my first ETF outside my normal passive funds as I find the sector interesting and of course it is the future. Hoping that the renewable push in the U.S. will provide some growth.

I’m really tempted to sell half of my shares and put those into the L&G Battery Value-Chain (BATG).

Soldato
Tempted to sell my iShares Global Clean Energy ETF shares tomorrow. Still heavily weighted towards PLUG and I think they’re hugely overvalued. I thought they might sort it when rebalancing but hasn’t happened.

I was going to hold onto my INRG, but when it rocketed in December I sold at 1400. Never expected an ETF to give me those returns.

I did buy in again a few days ago but exited again. Think I'll leave it on the watchlist for a while.

Associate
I’m really tempted to sell half of my shares and put those into the L&G Battery Value-Chain (BATG).

Hmm so sort of leaving one future theme and moving to another - the problem is Lithium mining / supply for electric batteries, its limited I believe atm and could become very expensive as demand increases as the world moves to EVs.

Both these ETFs have had rocket like growth in the last few months so I wonder if it will continue at that rate.

Soldato
Any thoughts on Nvidia? It's been a bit bumpy since I bought in summer last year, and I've no idea if they're doing "well" given the fact you can't seem to buy Ampere cards for love nor money...

Back
Top Bottom