Mass Effect Legendary Edition - May 14th

Caporegime
Announced today. Coming to PC PS4/Xbox one and enhancements for PS5 and Xbox Series consoles.

Experience an amazingly rich and detailed universe where your decisions have profound consequences on the action and the outcome.

RELIVE THE CINEMATIC SAGA: Heart-pounding action meets gripping interactive storytelling where you decide how your unique story unfolds. Three Games – One Launcher: Play through the single-player base content and over 40 DLC from all three games, including promo weapons, armors, and packs. Remastered for a New Generation: Experience the trilogy in 4K Ultra HD with enhanced performance, visuals, and graphics, all available in HDR. Visual Improvements on All Three Games: Updates include enhanced models, shaders, FX, lighting, and depth of field.

EXPERIENCE THE LEGEND OF SHEPARD: Create and customize your own character, from appearance and skills to a personalized arsenal then lead your elite recon squad across a galaxy in turmoil. New Shepard Customizations: With improved hair, makeup, eye color and skin tones you can create your Shepard in a unified character creator with all options available across the full trilogy, or choose to play as the iconic Femshep from Mass Effect 3 now available in all titles. Gameplay Enhancements for the First Mass Effect™ Game: Enjoy improved aiming and weapons balance, SFX, input/controls, squad behavior, cover behavior, and gameplay cameras

Reveal trailer

https://www.ea.com/games/mass-effect

Soldato
Looks the same really, not sure if it is worth a replay on that reveal account, I am getting Mafia remastered vibes...A bit of spit and polish

Also, would have loved some of that Mass Effect deep synth/space sounds in the trailer

Soldato
An excellent approach if I do say so myself. That game was truly awful.

I don't know what it was like at launch, but I don't think it's terrible. In fact, think it's quite decent. And the original trilogy is my favourite series of games ever.

As for remastered version, I'd like to see more of the changes to first in detail if it's purely a case of throwing on some lipstick i won't spend much on this

Soldato
I don't know what it was like at launch, but I don't think it's terrible. In fact, think it's quite decent. And the original trilogy is my favourite series of games ever.

As for remastered version, I'd like to see more of the changes to first in detail if it's purely a case of throwing on some lipstick i won't spend much on this
Each to there own but your wrong :p

Soldato
Intrigued a bit by this. Love the trilogy (yes, even 3, other than the last few minutes), but don't fancy buying it all over again if it's just some improved graphics. Have it for PC at the moment so all 3 run perfectly fine as is and have spent on most of the DLC already as well. Curious if there are bigger changes/improvements (or even a discount if you already own the trilogy, like what happened with Burnout Paradise).

Andromeda - I did get it cheap for the PS. Couldn't be bothered finishing it, though played maybe half or so. I didn't think it was terrible...just wasn't particularly engaging and not up to the standards set after the trilogy (or Dragon Age).

Associate
Day 1 purchase for me. It’s one of may favourite game franchises of all time, apart from the ending but we won’t talk about that :p:D.

The chance to play it all in 4K 60fps from the comfort of my couch is just too good to pass up.

Soldato
It looks ok, they've essentially done what's expected without any real heavy (or moderate) lifting. I am looking forward to experiencing the trilogy again.

BUT. I just wish they would have added some new content. Maybe a new questline that's threaded through the trilogy, nothing serious, maybe something celebrating Commander Shepard that gives an insight into his/her life depending on what backstory you choose. It'd be a nice nod to the legacy of the famous character and would have given something new to experience, even if it was just "fluff".

They could have at LEAST added some new armors and weapons, again just to give the feeling of something new and fresh allowing for greater customization. But no, despite how easy it would be for them, they've just redistributed what was already there.

I mean, it's fine, really, I don't want to come down too hard on it, but it is the minimum of what they'd get away with.

Soldato
I’m looking forward to this but tbh the remastering looks a bit meh if I’m honest. The games are already available to play as the originals and I’m just not seeing enough to go through them all again for what would be the 4th time.

I wish I could erase them from my memory and go through again fresh as they really are some of the best games out..........

Caporegime
I’m looking forward to this but tbh the remastering looks a bit meh if I’m honest. The games are already available to play as the originals and I’m just not seeing enough to go through them all again for what would be the 4th time.

I wish I could erase them from my memory and go through again fresh as they really are some of the best games out..........

I've played the old ones recently on PC at 4K60fps. That is such a game changer compared to the blurry and sluggish 720p30 you get on Xbox/PS3. Definitely a buy for me this year but going to wait until I get a PS5.

Associate
If I get the PS4 version, will it have the enhancements for PS5 as well, or is there a specific PS5 only version?

Sometimes I play the PS5 in the living room, other times I like to use the PS4 Pro in the office

Caporegime
If I get the PS4 version, will it have the enhancements for PS5 as well, or is there a specific PS5 only version?

Sometimes I play the PS5 in the living room, other times I like to use the PS4 Pro in the office

There is only the PS4 version. It's just that it recognizes the PS5 and can run a bit better. Same set up as Ghost of Tsushima, God of War in that they are PS4 games with PS5 enhancements. Not separate versions.

Soldato
Mrs recently replayed these on xbox series x (not the remasters) and they all run OK. Mass effect 1 could do with the combat being changed (i think they may have done this) and mako improvements. I would only consider replaying ME2/3 for those reasons.

I don't really think it's worth the £50 on xbox, might as well play the originals that are free on games pass, but that's just me:cry:

Associate
I really want to pick this up. The original trilogy is my favourite series of all time (Andromeda wasn't too bad, just didn't live up the first three), so would live to have a version that plays natively on the Xbox One/Series X, however given the size of my backlog I suspect I'll have to wait until it's on sale as I'm just not going to have the time to play it any time soon :(

Back
Top Bottom