• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Permabanned
Hopefully.... I would love a queue update and I have had my 5900x shipped on the 05/01 and stuck in limbo with when it could even arrive :(
Ya same, just wanna know where I am in the 3080 Strix OC queue, last time I check it was like 550ish, so still miles away but would like to see with cancellcations and the fact its been over a month of no updates.

Associate
Well its official - after a 5 month wait, my Asus 3080 TUF Non-OC is now in my machine.

Very, very glad to have my part in this fiasco over, and I plan on never returning to this store or its forums again.

Best of luck to all of you still waiting!

Permabanned
Well its official - after a 5 month wait, my Asus 3080 TUF Non-OC is now in my machine.

Very, very glad to have my part in this fiasco over, and I plan on never returning to this store or its forums again.

Best of luck to all of you still waiting!
damn kinda sad one order that had problems like any other store makes you not wanna buy from the company anymore

Permabanned
@BONDPlayz shouldnt be an issue as OcUK is registered for VAT in Ireland , import fees and tax shouldnt affect delivery to Ireland from OcUK , as of my knowledge , did a bit of research .
Thats not what I meant, yes they are registered but the issue was with DPD when it arrived into Ireland it wouldnt show up as being payed for so the customer would get charged for VAT twice, first time when we bought it and again when it arrived into Ireland and to add to that the import duty.

Associate
Thats not what I meant, yes they are registered but the issue was with DPD when it arrived into Ireland it wouldnt show up as being payed for so the customer would get charged for VAT twice, first time when we bought it and again when it arrived into Ireland and to add to that the import duty.
Aha i get you now , cheers :)

Associate
Hopefully it does mean we can be put off hold, have to see what Gibbo or Scotti say.

I would not bet on it. DPD might have restarted delivering to the EU, but from what I understand this issue still needs to be ironed out between DPD and OC. The impression I got is that OC do not want to have to refund VAT for all EU customers (which makes sense, since every refund transaction increases their costs) and, since it hasn't been clarified yet, they're probably also still investigating if there will be any additional costs on top of VAT for customers at import. The information just a few days ago was that Irish customers would likely remain on hold for another couple of weeks at least and I would not expect DPD's update to change that.

damn kinda sad one order that had problems like any other store makes you not wanna buy from the company anymore

This is my first and only order with OC. Doesn't make for a great batting average. Again, the issue isn't the supply shortage or the wait, just the lack of clear and easily accessible information along with the fact that they took money up front from way more customers than they had the ability to cater adequately to. Add to that the fact that those customers' queries, concerns and criticisms are being treated as a problem in this thread and others when they are the inevitable product of the fundamental problems with how this release was handled. If you have 10K customers waiting months for an expensive item they've already paid for, you're going to get a broad range of responses from them. From my perspective as a new customer, why would I return?

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
@BONDPlayz shouldnt be an issue as OcUK is registered for VAT in Ireland , import fees and tax shouldnt affect delivery to Ireland from OcUK , as of my knowledge , did a bit of research .
it's shouldn't! confirmed by the Irish Revenue Service. Unfortunately, both DHL & DPD say otherwise and refuse to accept the parcels unless we change our systems to do it their way.

Sorry guys, still not nailed down on what we can ship & what we can't atm. Probably going to be next week before I get a decision on how we are going to handle the current orders. There are complex legal situations and we can't afford to get it wrong so we do require your patience.

Permabanned
I would not bet on it. DPD might have restarted delivering to the EU, but from what I understand this issue still needs to be ironed out between DPD and OC. The impression I got is that OC do not want to have to refund VAT for all EU customers (which makes sense, since every refund transaction increases their costs) and, since it hasn't been clarified yet, they're probably also still investigating if there will be any additional costs on top of VAT for customers at import. The information just a few days ago was that Irish customers would likely remain on hold for another couple of weeks at least and I would not expect DPD's update to change that.

This is my first and only order with OC. Doesn't make for a great batting average. Again, the issue isn't the supply shortage or the wait, just the lack of clear and easily accessible information along with the fact that they took money up front from way more customers than they had the ability to cater adequately to. Add to that the fact that those customers' queries, concerns and criticisms are being treated as a problem in this thread and others when they are the inevitable product of the fundamental problems with how this release was handled. If you have 10K customers waiting months for an expensive item they've already paid for, you're going to get a broad range of responses from them. From my perspective as a new customer, why would I return?
Fair enough I guess, also I said hopefully never said we will, seems like we wont anyways.

Permabanned
it's shouldn't! confirmed by the Irish Revenue Service. Unfortunately, both DHL & DPD say otherwise and refuse to accept the parcels unless we change our systems to do it their way.

Sorry guys, still not nailed down on what we can ship & what we can't atm. Probably going to be next week before I get a decision on how we are going to handle the current orders. There are complex legal situations and we can't afford to get it wrong so we do require your patience.
I dont see why they are being so stuck up about it, literally makes zero sense as to why they cant ship it... hopefully you guess can have some info for next week.

Associate
The problem seems to be that under the transitional arrangements which last until the end of June, the exports to the EU must be zero rated.

From July 1st the UK entities will have to register for VAT in the EU "One Stop Shop" which is one registration for the whole EU, rather than the specific territorial registration which OCUK currently have for Ireland.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff

I can't argue with your viewpoint, this whole situation is a nightmare for everybody involved, possibly with the exception of the guys at the top of Nvidia who are raking in lots and lots of money for their leather jacket and spatula collections (sorry, nerd joke).

I would like to say in our defence is that we provide this forum as a service and it's not free for us to operate. It gives you somewhere to come, discuss things, look for information, have a rant/vent and ask questions, those answers will come directly from human beings who are closest to the answers.
The alternative is a simple messaging system, which might take days to get an answer and you're almost guaranteed that the answer will be a copy & paste response because the people answering them aren't privy to the latest rumours/updates...or worse still, a chat bot.

We are a relatively small company with a very large workload. As I said previously, those companies who most people consider direct competitors are at least twice the size, twice the warehouse, twice the staff, at least. We're in the process of expanding and improving our infrastructure but, realistically, that's a two-three year process and we are only half way there. Covid complicated everything, knocking us to our knees at times and then these launches came along and kicked us in the teeth.
Being busy is a blessing and a curse, but the one thing that it does do is swallow up all of the spare time that our employees might have had to deal with issues.

The DPD/export situation isn't just something decide what to do and flick a switch. There's legal issues that we have to get the correct answer to, then an already stretched IT team have to change our old, hand written accounts and order management software to that it operates in the correct way, then we'll have to manually remove and refund hundreds of VAT payments, then repack & reship the orders. All because our couriers refuse to follow the government guidelines.

Associate
I can't argue with your viewpoint, this whole situation is a nightmare for everybody involved, possibly with the exception of the guys at the top of Nvidia who are raking in lots and lots of money for their leather jacket and spatula collections (sorry, nerd joke).

I would like to say in our defence is that we provide this forum as a service and it's not free for us to operate. It gives you somewhere to come, discuss things, look for information, have a rant/vent and ask questions, those answers will come directly from human beings who are closest to the answers.
The alternative is a simple messaging system, which might take days to get an answer and you're almost guaranteed that the answer will be a copy & paste response because the people answering them aren't privy to the latest rumours/updates...or worse still, a chat bot.

We are a relatively small company with a very large workload. As I said previously, those companies who most people consider direct competitors are at least twice the size, twice the warehouse, twice the staff, at least. We're in the process of expanding and improving our infrastructure but, realistically, that's a two-three year process and we are only half way there. Covid complicated everything, knocking us to our knees at times and then these launches came along and kicked us in the teeth.
Being busy is a blessing and a curse, but the one thing that it does do is swallow up all of the spare time that our employees might have had to deal with issues.

The DPD/export situation isn't just something decide what to do and flick a switch. There's legal issues that we have to get the correct answer to, then an already stretched IT team have to change our old, hand written accounts and order management software to that it operates in the correct way, then we'll have to manually remove and refund hundreds of VAT payments, then repack & reship the orders. All because our couriers refuse to follow the government guidelines.

That's all fair and my perspective does not include any ill will towards the company and certainly not to anyone working there. What I said above is just the harsh reality of the situation. The fact that, with Brexit, much of my shopping is likely to shift to German or other mainland European retailers in the long term doesn't help either.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
@ScottiB @ScottiB @ScottiB (rumour has it if I say your name 3 times you’ll appear).

do you know if the non OC Rog Strix have arrived yet please?
no idea

Now do you understand why some questions don't get answered? especially when asked repeatedly
Sorry but I have asked repeatedly that people stop assuming that I have an answer for everything because writing "don't know" for the hundreds of daily questions that I can't answer wouldn't give me any time to actually do my job (forums is not my job)

Back
Top Bottom