BMW and M Power Owners

Caporegime
car brother says hi! :p
Car cousin says hi!

440i-6.jpg

Man of Honour
I do love the way the mirrors irk you, but the M4 grille (granted, no M4 badging) doesn’t. You odd-ball.

I’d rather fit ///M tri-colour grille slats than a sunstrip! ;)

Hadn't spotted the grille to be fair, I'm slipping!

Are the M colour slats next on your list or are you going to go for some M4 side grilles? :D

Caporegime
Hadn't spotted the grille to be fair, I'm slipping!

Your memory is slipping too, you knew about the grille, you liked it then as well ;)

It's a BMW M Performance signature item though and he hasn't gone of those, so it's on dodgy ground. Same as on the TT - it's not a TTS but it has the TTS signature mirrors...

Don't ask me why the grille is different, IT JUST IS.

Are the M colour slats next on your list or are you going to go for some M4 side grilles? :D

And no, neither of those, just the mirror caps and grille, that’s it, nothing else is getting changed.

Soldato
Actually the M4 grill looks really good on that, not many people would even realise it was from the M! Lovely colour, really like it, but I do think body coloured mirrors would look best to show off more of the colour!

I say this and my M4 grill is black, so as per ocuk motors sub forum guidelines, I must haz no taste innit bruv :D

Soldato
What colour and spec did you get above and beyond the Shadow spec? I will see if any decent ones going on the M140/M240 UK groups.

@[TW]Fox I agree the black wheels aren't as nice as the normal ones. I did see you can get them without so would look to avoid.

Was looking for a Melbourne Red one over the other colours.

Would like to get a test drive to compare it to the Golf R / GTI PP or the Audi S3 as can't think of what else is around the same price that could tick all the boxes but that is currently out of the questsion.

I went for white. Looks fantastic and needed a safer colour on the road that my last car.
Melbourne Red was right up there though,but couldn't find one. It looks incredible in the sun.

Wheels aren't black by the way, they are gun metal colour (orbit grey i think they're called). Ignore some of the others here; go check the car out yourself and take it for a drive if you can. They are fantastic cars. I went for low mileage, <2 years old. Only thing i wish i could have found is the Pro Nav, but i can't honestly say i miss it.

Soldato
car brother says hi! :p
Uxae5Phl.jpg

Car cousin says hi!

440i-6.jpg

Nice, very shiny!

I drove a 420 in that colour for a couple of weeks recently, whilst deciding on whether to get a BMW or a Mercedes. (Had a 420 & a C220 estate on a weeks test drive)

Really liked the colour of the BMW, but the one I ended up with had a good spec plus the 3L engine & doesn't look to bad in black :)

Taxed my M3 today. £580 this year. It’s starting to get painful

:eek:

Last edited:
Associate
Should be swapping my 340i for a nice shiny new M340i next week, looking forward it! Just a shame about the weather, although since they do still recommend not going over 4.5k RPM for the first 1,300 miles it's a good reason to drive a little slower!

Was a bit of an impulse buy - not much else to do at the moment!

Associate
Who doesn't recommend this? It's not an M car and it's under warranty. Just be sensible and allow a few hundred miles for the brakes and tyres to bed in/lose their mould.

BMW apparently, it was in the handbook for the 340i I have now (and still on their tips for new car owners website/page), although I can't say I paid much attention to it after the first 300-400 miles, never had any issues either.

Back
Top Bottom