• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Associate
Oh dear oh dear, now to drop £300 on a water block
At least I will be able to forget the GPU market for another 4 years!
Recycle the Titans or sell them on that’s the question!

Associate
Yay, managed to get a 3070 finally. Was an interesting experience, I went for a lunch run but delayed having a shower in case a drop happened. Got to 3pm, decided it wasn't so went to have shower. Que discord alert whilst I'm in the shower. Ran like a lunatic through the house without a seconds though to clothing or towels (luckily i'm the only one here). Frantically clicking relevant links and buttons, despite not being able to see as my glasses had steamed up, somehow worked.

Associate
Managed to get a 3060ti FE, while out on a dog walk with the family. Currently have a Rx580, aside from benchmarks, will there be a significantly noticeable real world improvement? Need to decide which to keep

Soldato
Managed to get a 3060ti FE, while out on a dog walk with the family. Currently have a Rx580, aside from benchmarks, will there be a significantly noticeable real world improvement? Need to decide which to keep

Night and day difference. Comfortably over double the power. And given you could ditch the 580 on eBay for £250-£300 right now (due to another Cryptocurrency boom), it's a no-brainer.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ok so it turns out the harddrive cage in my case splits into 2 to allow large cards and will still be able to take my 2 HDDs and single SSD.
WRT my PSU I am hoping my mate can do me a deal on his old gold rated 750w Corsair unit which he upgraded to a 1000w one.

Thanks guys.

I may be able to do you a deal on a PSU through members market if your mate can’t, got a feeling I have a 1000w in the garage

Soldato
Managed to bag another 3090FE, I bought one before Christmas but I ended up selling it to a mate who's son wanted one as a Crimbo present.

When you see 6800XTs going for nearly £1K doesn't seem quite as bad!

Soldato
You could always use illogical man maths and buy a more expensive TV so that the 3090FE remains cheaper than the TV? :p

'The Force is strong with this one'

I'm going to sell my Magic Keyboard for iPad which I've literally plugged into my iPad Pro about twice + my old Vega64 and finally get around to sticking about 30 x 16GB DDR3 server DIMMS that I've got sitting in a cupboard on either the MM or eBay.

Associate
Hi guys,

I’m around 190 in the queue for an MSI Trio 3080, but with no idea of delivery date I tried and failed for the 3080FE drop earlier. Saw the 3090 in stock (think it still is) and purchased that instead! :eek:

Having buyers remorse already! But after nearly five months I’m tired of waiting and chasing phantom 3080 stock alerts.

What do you guys think. Keep it or cancel and wait it out for the 3080. I’m currently on an r390 trying to play FS2020 at 10fps....

Cancel it, you will pleased you did so when you can buy an AMD series 7000 card next year

https://youtu.be/dq9_wMMS7ac

Back
Top Bottom