Does anyone recognise this wallpaper? Red wine fail

Soldato
So the gf yeeted a glass of wine at the wall in our rented flat:

UWnAAbd.jpg

The wallpaper is well and truly ruined, but it would be fairly simple to paper over it we think. It's a long shot, but does anybody recognise the wallpaper?

7g48Qu2.jpg

It's a sort of linen effect/colour.

Thanks!

Soldato
Wait until it fully dries, cut a small piece off from somewhere inconspicuous, get it colour matched and then paint over it.

Soldato
OP
Looks like textured lining paper. Just paint over it.
I know what you mean, but the rest of it definitely isn't painted - it would be obvious if I painted this section

Are you sure that's the same wallpaper
yeah, just that the stain picture was taken with a flash. It's a sort of beige / magnolia colour embossed wallpaper.

Red wine the rest, durr
plan b for sure!

looks decidely like wood chip?
wood chip isn't patterned, it's asymmetrical. Though it's hard to tell from the picture, the embossed parts are only about 1mm in size

Last edited:
Man of Honour
AridAbandonedAxolotl.webp

Soldato
Landlord here. Speak to your landlord's agent. Tell them what happened and ask if it's okay to paint the wall. Chances are they'll say yes.
Ex-tenant here, don't do this unless you want an argument about why it's not OK for the landlord to charge you £1k to redecorate the entire room and then another argument come deposit-return-time where they claim your decoration is not up to standard despite being impossible to tell the difference unless you already knew it had been done (which they now will because you told them).

Associate
Really depends on the landlord though. Parents are landlords, they wouldn't care so long as it was sorted to an ok standard and doesn't impact them. Obviously if it impacts them, or costs them then they'd be unhappy. Some people however will screw anyone over (both tenants and landlords).

Caporegime
its not wall paper its lining/backing paper whatever you call it, got the exact same in one of my rooms.

but mines white cos I like white so I painted it white

the texture is just to hide imperfections in the wall

Back
Top Bottom