• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
Yes, did it with the 1000 series but the fans ran slower as it had far smaller fans that the AIB's and the FE's were faster clock per clocxk.

You run the Override comment in NVFlash if the Bioses are not matched think it is /F (force)
Anyone tried this with an Ampere FE graphics card? Sounds quite risky.

Caporegime
Got my order dispatched for 3080FE, very excited. My watch is done now.

Also to clarify, as other people might be in the same position as me and might be put off ordering. I've got a 3070FE a few weeks ago with the aim of getting a 3080FE down the line. The rule is that you can't use the same address, name and IP, one card per household. However my girlfriend ordered one for me (account in her name), same address. Therefore it's still possible for those who were wondering. My watch has ended, good luck to everyone else seeking a card.

Same thing I wanted to do, but the system currently in place is moronic if a card in your cart can vanish late into the checking out stage. Another etailer has a system where you get so many mins to check out before it goes back into the stock system. Makes more sense and avoids the mass panic station buying that is currently "the norm". :mad:

Permabanned
Anyone tried this with an Ampere FE graphics card? Sounds quite risky.

Plenty on the Overclock.net forums have done it in the massive thread there.

You do not do it if you do not want the small risk of it messing up (should ideally have a spare GPU so you can flash it back or your going to need o the old blind flash method).

Last edited:
Soldato
Plenty on the Overclokc.net forums have done it in the massive thread there.

You do not do it if you do not want the small risk of it messing up (should ideally have a spare GPU so you can flash it back or your going to need o the old blind flash method).

Ok, thanks.

Guys, do you think TI models of the RTX 3070/80 are more likely than Super models? This would allow Nvidia to add new GPUs to the lineup and charge more for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Permabanned
Ok, thanks.

Forgot to add, you will be able to change the Side Logo RGB colour on the FE card with AIB Bios (you can already change the top RGB accent colour as it is).

Untitled.png

Soldato
3060 ti from earlier today has gone through! Thanks for the tips everyone :)

Joined the telegram a couple week ago, and since then I've kept an Nvidia store tab open at pretty much all times I've been at my computer (which has been even more than usual recently because of Covid). Just spammed refresh on the tab as soon as I got the notification on my phone and after a couple tries they all showed up as in stock. Once it was added to cart it seems like you had a lot of time to checkout, the site took absolutely ages to load and at one point there was some error that emptied my basket, but luckily going back a few pages brought it back.

The first few refreshes still showed it as sold out, so not sure if it takes a bit longer for the site to update depending on which part of the country you're in, or if that was their bot detection kicking in and putting botted cards back into the pool for real people to buy. It's probably worth refreshing for a fair few minutes though even if it shows as sold out at first.

They do have some kind of detection now, is some unhappy people on partalert who had declined orders due to security checks for potential scalpers. :) Many who was declined admitted they had already brought at least one FE before.

Associate
Got my order dispatched for 3080FE, very excited. My watch is done now.

Also to clarify, as other people might be in the same position as me and might be put off ordering. I've got a 3070FE a few weeks ago with the aim of getting a 3080FE down the line. The rule is that you can't use the same address, name and IP, one card per household. However my girlfriend ordered one for me (account in her name), same address. Therefore it's still possible for those who were wondering. My watch has ended, good luck to everyone else seeking a card.

I do not thinkthe Rules about using the same name - address or ip apply. I picked up a 3060tife before Christmas and managed to order a 3080fe a fews weeks back with out any issues. Maybe it is just some technical issue that causes problems.

Associate
Plenty on the Overclock.net forums have done it in the massive thread there.

No one has done this with an Ampere founder's edition. It says ID mismatch and will not flash.
The override command does not work.

Yes, it works with AIB cards, but there is some sort of protection with the FE. The bios chip on the FE isn't a SOP8 package chip. It's some sort of UDFN8 chip, according to Elmor (thus inline force flashing with a Pomona 5250 clip won't work. No one has tried connecting male jumper cables to the pins either, to attempt to read the bios chip with a programmer. (maybe kapton tape with jumper cables may work without soldering, but it would still need to be wired to a 1.8v adapter, then to the programmer).

Soldato
Same. Got fed up of waiting to have a chance of not getting a 3080FE and got bored of chasing alerts. The 3090 will be in my PC tomorrow. Do I regret it? A bit, but the extra cost is worth it to not have to play the chasing game for another 3 months to me.

Pretty much how I felt. Got really bored looking and had a massive "**** It!!" moment. Got all my parts ready to go but now I'm a little worried about what the temps will be like in my NZXT 510i.

Man of Honour
Though less so these days compared to when AIBs tended to put more customisation into their product I wouldn't be in a hurry to flash the firmware from a different model GPU, sometimes there can be things like small differences to VRAM timings, etc. that might not stop things working but can cause unpredictable crashes, etc. etc. unless someone has done it who really knows what they are doing.

Soldato
Guys, do you think TI models of the RTX 3070/80 are more likely than Super models? This would allow Nvidia to add new GPUs to the lineup and charge more for them.

There is a significant performance gap between 3070 and 3080, a 3070Ti to fill that seems inevitable at some point. Super/Ti is kind of irrelevant - it’s just nomenclature... The 2070S was definitely worthy of being called a 2070Ti, it even used the next chip up the stack. For whatever reason they decided to go with super!

Not much of a performance gap between the 3080 and 3090, but personally I’d say it’s still likely a 3080Ti/S with more VRAM will arrive by the summer.

Enjoy the 3070, it’s a decent card. I found the 8gb is limiting at 4k/VR though, and the FE is totally power limited so a gentle undervolt can really help (as well as sliding the power slider to the massive 7% extra it allows!).

Soldato
There is a significant performance gap between 3070 and 3080, a 3070Ti to fill that seems inevitable at some point. Super/Ti is kind of irrelevant - it’s just nomenclature... The 2070S was definitely worthy of being called a 2070Ti, it even used the next chip up the stack. For whatever reason they decided to go with super!

Not much of a performance gap between the 3080 and 3090, but personally I’d say it’s still likely a 3080Ti/S with more VRAM will arrive by the summer.

Enjoy the 3070, it’s a decent card. I found the 8gb is limiting at 4k/VR though, and the FE is totally power limited so a gentle undervolt can really help (as well as sliding the power slider to the massive 7% extra it allows!).
Nvidia will need more than just super refreshes if AMD are on track to release RDNA3 at the end of this year/early next.

Back
Top Bottom