Anyone here play Automobilista 2

There's something a bit weird going on with the audio. I have a 5.1 setup. The engine noise will be coming from the centre speaker then if I turn a corner right, the engine sound will move over to the left and vice versa. Other sounds like gear box and exhaust pops come from the correct rear speakers.

Soldato
When it clicks, the game is stunning. Ultra settings on AMS2 trumps out Pcars, and Competizione.

Just wish they'd sort the multiplayer out so it's as easy to jump on a server as it is with Competizione. To get a full race you have to be extremely fortunate with timings, unless you're part of an organised event.

When that happens it's awesome, the racing is thrilling. Not quite the standard of Competizione across the entire field, but there's some fast guy's using the sim now.

Associate
I've tried it many times but I can't get to grips with controller steering, is anyone else on the pad? Have you changed a lot of settings? I can't even stay on the road long enough for a lap, had to change a lot to play ACC on the pad now I love it.

Associate
Just started getting into this having purchased it during the steam summer sale. My god the Brabham BT46B "fan car" is utterly magnificent :D Can't drive it for snot but I'm slowly doing a tour of all the old classics, 90's Spa with the actual bus stop, pre chicaned Imola :eek: Can't wait for Monza to release at the end of September. One of the best experiences in sim racing right now for my money.

Associate
I've tried it many times but I can't get to grips with controller steering, is anyone else on the pad? Have you changed a lot of settings? I can't even stay on the road long enough for a lap, had to change a lot to play ACC on the pad now I love it.

Missed this post, there are some really good guides. I based my settings on this one from Race Department. With a bit of personalisation, its transformed the game. I know some people recommend using the thumb sticks, the left hand one for accelerator and brake, the right thumb stick for steering, my brain couldn't cope with this as I am so used to using triggers for the brake and accelerator.

Just fired this up and its really coming on now, this and Raceroom - I just wish Raceroom would release a BTCC pack as the game is crying out for!

Soldato
I have this but can't get it to calibrate properly with my Simucube SC2 Pro drive. Wheel just turns hard left/right. It's similar to PCars2 but that calibrated fine.
Ams 2 is a pain in the bum to assign controls too. Have you tried copying the project cars 2 controller file to the ams2 folder? that worked for me for my simucube 1. If that dosnt work try deleting the controls file then edit the assignments but press your emergency stop button first, it will still register your inputs.

Associate
Just to continue where I left off with my tour. Monza is not out yet but 70's Hockenheim Ring is great and the 1976 rendition of Interlagos is utterly fantastic! Why oh why did they cut this track down :( OK the speeds today would be totally insane but the long sweeping corners are utterly glorious and the way the track winds back and forth on itself, magical :)

Back
Top Bottom