**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Soldato
You can install either the stable, dev or experimental version right from the installer which is the easiest way as that will also check for updates when you run it.

Caporegime
Another handy feature would be the ability to save custom graphics profiles. T always seems to be the interior of airliners that hammer FPS, so it would be good to be able to switch between profiles for GA and airliner flying.

Associate
Grrrrrr... I’m thinking I’ve been cursed by the gods of MSFS!

Decided to buy the DVD version rather than the installer, as we’ve not got a great internet connection speed here. Took so long to arrive that the rainforest thought it was lost in the post, then when it did arrive, the installer gets to DVD 4 and fails, as the DVD errors.

Guess I’m going to be downloading it anyway.... it’d have probably worked out quicker if I’d just done that in the first place!

Soldato
Was you engaging the heading selection after dialling in the heading?

I've followed the advice from here and installed the dev A320, autopilot now works

A320 autopilot flying in circles - Default Aircraft / Airliners - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Managed Manc - Barcelona, however when I arrived at Barcelona, ATC wanted me to stay at 7000ft, despite me flying right over the EL-Prat airport, and then I was like 8 miles south in the ocean, so I took manual control and just piloted the plane into landing manually.

Must be a bug surely?

Last edited:
Caporegime
I've followed the advice from here and installed the dev A320, autopilot now works

A320 autopilot flying in circles - Default Aircraft / Airliners - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Managed Manc - Barcelona, however when I arrived at Barcelona, ATC wanted me to stay at 7000ft, despite me flying right over the EL-Prat airport, and then I was like 8 miles south in the ocean, so I took manual control and just piloted the plane into landing manually.

Must be a bug surely?
Which runway was you flying into? Was this on final approach? Barca has high minimums in the airspace around it on the mainland due to noise abatement.

Associate
So I've had a few crashes to desktop on the flight loading screen, so I decided to check the ram usage and wow this game gobbles all 16gb of my ram whilst loading is this normal?
So if I increase my virtual memory to help should I be increasing it for my Windows drive or the drive the game is installed on :confused:

Soldato
So I've had a few crashes to desktop on the flight loading screen, so I decided to check the ram usage and wow this game gobbles all 16gb of my ram whilst loading is this normal?
So if I increase my virtual memory to help should I be increasing it for my Windows drive or the drive the game is installed on :confused:

Are you limiting your virtual memory? Set it to system managed and see if the problem goes away. You can put a page file on any drive, but obviously the faster the better

Soldato
Are you limiting your virtual memory? Set it to system managed and see if the problem goes away. You can put a page file on any drive, but obviously the faster the better

I had the same issue, and someone pointed out virtual memory, I have my pagefile on an nvme drive and installed a game that left about 10gb free, uninstalled game and FS2020 worked fine .

Probably contradicting what my previous post said that it's not utilising 16gb, at least from task manager I don't appear to be using the 16gb ram

Soldato
I did say it isn't essential. 16 gig of system ram is very tight in 2021 and other than "I can't afford it" , no excuses.

Not sure very tight in 2021 is the right wording, some applications might utilise it, but it's going to be a while before 16gb is hindering systems to the point they're grinding to a halt, like 2gb with Windows Vista

Soldato
I did say it isn't essential. 16 gig of system ram is very tight in 2021 and other than "I can't afford it" , no excuses.

Not sure very tight in 2021 is the right wording, some applications might utilise it, but it's going to be a while before 16gb is hindering systems to the point they're grinding to a halt, like 2gb with Windows Vista

Back
Top Bottom