• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Anyone who claimed Bundle code COD: Cold War, how quick is the customer service replying? I left webnote 4 or 5 days ago still didn't get a reply, and the deadline on 11th Feb is getting closer, I know they busy so don't want to disturb them with 100 emails, dunno what to do, should I wait or text one more time?
we are a bit behind but looking at the log we're up to late on the 2nd for replies. I'd send another or message in the customer service part of this forum, something may have gone wrong.

Associate
I am hoping my 9700k @ 4.9 will cope????
It will be good enough. I'm running Cyberpunk with a 2070 Super and 10900K running at 4.9. There's not an enormous difference between the 9700k and 10900k. The bigger issue will be your RAM and its speed and most importantly your *GPU*. It is a real memory and GPU chewer. Even 3090 OC's have issues with everything turned up. My system runs Cyberpunk very warm despite having oodles of 140mm fan air cooling and an H100i.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
It will be good enough. I'm running Cyberpunk with a 2070 Super and 10900K running at 4.9. There's not an enormous difference between the 9700k and 10900k. The bigger issue will be your RAM and its speed and most importantly your *GPU*. It is a real memory and GPU chewer. Even 3090 OC's have issues with everything turned up. My system runs Cyberpunk very warm despite having oodles of 140mm fan air cooling and an H100i.
I think his concern may come from the information doing the rounds about 3080/3090 showing signs of CPU bottlenecks on pretty much every CPU other than the 10th gen i7 & i9K editions. I don't know what it is about these cards that seems to require high single core performance but there's definitely some evidence to support it. It's not a massive issue and almost non-existent at higher resolutions but still, you know how easily a grain of truth can be blown out of proportion in the tech community.

Associate
I'm hoping that there will be enough cancellations for me to squeeze into the first shipment (Not even God knows when that might be) of the Zotac trinities. :D

Associate
Never realised buying a GPU could be so utterly depressing. Moved about 30 places in the ASUS TUF OC 3080 queue in the last month, was 539 on the 8th of Jan and now I'm at 505. :(

Associate
Does anyone know if its possible to get the delivery address changed on an order? at this rate (moved down 1 place in 4 updates, now at 101) I really don't think I will get my eagle before I move house.

Soldato
Does anyone know if its possible to get the delivery address changed on an order? at this rate (moved down 1 place in 4 updates, now at 101) I really don't think I will get my eagle before I move house.

yes i changed delivery address before 3080 was delivered , contact them via webnote. took few days

Associate
How have Asus advised they increased stock to the UK in november and OCUK havent been able to source that before brexit and now 5 months of waiting later the supply is less and less each month? Not ot take the pee guys and I know your trying your best but no matter where i look I cant seem to find any updates form asus that they promised tail end of last year and the stock situation with OCUK has been dire to say the least. May I enquire as to what is happening to rectify 0 updates as obviously your buying power should at the very least entitle you to a discourse. to add to this, if the RTX 4080 comes out while we are waiting in a queue do we get that one instead!

Associate
How have Asus advised they increased stock to the UK in november and OCUK havent been able to source that before brexit and now 5 months of waiting later the supply is less and less each month? Not ot take the pee guys and I know your trying your best but no matter where i look I cant seem to find any updates form asus that they promised tail end of last year and the stock situation with OCUK has been dire to say the least. May I enquire as to what is happening to rectify 0 updates as obviously your buying power should at the very least entitle you to a discourse. to add to this, if the RTX 4080 comes out while we are waiting in a queue do we get that one instead!

I doubt it will ever come to that but if it does then i hope we do get upgraded... And Yea This is just silly, Asus did say they would provide more yet 5 months later and less and less stock like bro???
I understand during this time when the New year is around but before then its just dumb, The last time a big stock came was
(08/01/21) when 100 cards were shipped. I have no idea when we will get ours but I'm just upset with how NVIDIA has been handling this?

They can give every influencer and their mother 10 cards, but cant be bothered to make more to sell. Instead, increasing on marketing hyping up the new cards.

Associate
Latest update to my personal queue position.

Overclockers.co.uk: Queue Position of Asus GeForce RTX 3080 TUF Gaming 10GB GDDR6X PCI-Express Graphics Card
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fQ7GlVhIP_YNjFJQYFvE5a-6H1Ywnw7aacjRfLNn_tE/edit?usp=sharing

(Edit: Apologies, posted previously non-viewable link)

Thanks for this. Was able to create my own, for anyone interested.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wu_ja0rZ_1P3GzCOl5S9Gkh759qGO_Kl3LC4VFsZrBs/edit?usp=sharing
You can see from the graph how much effect new year and Brexit has caused, and soon to be chinese new year.

Back
Top Bottom