What are the 30 year old plus gamers playing?

Soldato
I was really annoyed with the division 2, and i don't know why. Because I allowed myself to be done by the same scam that got me with the first one...... The games amazing from start until you do each mission once to unlock the next "tier" (which isn't a great deal of game play to be honest) then as soon as i started playing the next tier and it was a case of "oh, we're playing the same content again but with a higher difficulty i felt incredibly let down. I've not returned to the game since. Graphically it's wonderful and a joy to wander around (albeit, i felt it was a bit more soulless than the first as a city goes) but ultimately the typical ubisoft game design of "make 20% good content, copy and paste" lets it down.

As for what this oldie is playing, 5 stack Valorant games right now. Finally given up my csgo addiction :D

Long time no see bud!

Tbh i never expect too much from games these days to avoid disappointment, with 2 kids what time I get is limited so long time sink games are off-putting for me these days. What it brings to the table is enough for me and ive been enjoying it even super casually!

Soldato
Late thirties. I jump around a lot

- Forts
- Among Us
- Rome Total war II
- Hell Let Loose
- Horizon zero dawn
- Battlefield 1
- Star Wars battle front II
- Satisfactory

Associate
Personally I love them, but I like warhammer before the games, so it'll depend on whether you are into Warhammer or not.

If you do, then getting both lets you play the races from TW1 in TW2 and merges the two maps into the larger mortal empires free for all map.

thanks TW W 1 for starters then when it’s not £39 tho!

Soldato
I did see CP2077 had fallen in price but still not sure if it's worth getting in the state it is.

I really have the urge to play some co-op based shooters like Destiny or The Division but none of my friends ever fancy it and I don't think I want to start them on my lemon.

Still playing Valhalla at the moment and not much else

Associate
Back into dirt 2.0 again, Can't seen to get any higher than pro. I think it goes to elite then thats it? Usually play ACC but I'm in between laptops at the moment. Usual decisions decisions!

Man of Honour
how quickly it has fallen. :)

I think Fallout 76 rewrote the standards for that. It dropped from £50+ to under £10 in about a week, going as low as £7.

I think £20 is a fair price to gamble on whether Cyberpunk 2077 will run without game-breaking bugs on your PC. It's not a terrible game in itself, if it works. It's a terrible game in comparison with the game CDPR claimed it was, but if you ignore the false advertising and judge the game by itself it's not terrible. Not great. Not terrible.

Associate
37 and I can't play any game more than 3/4 times without getting bored. I do like good MMORPGs but don't really have anyone to play with so I tend to enjoy them solo, leveling etc. I like WoW's gear progression which is something that doesn't make me want to even try GW2.
Just waiting for New World now, eager to try that. I also played ESO but the type of builds put me off.. knight and mage.. meh.

Bought CP2077 when it came out, played it twice. Bought RDR2, it's not bad but yeah.. got bored.
Want to try some sim racing but can't get a TS300 RS GT (or anything similar) so will need to wait.
Fall Guys is fun for the once a week, 20 minutes session.
What I play the most is actually Fortnite with my kid. Warzone is ok but I suck so bad that it becomes.. boring :p

Associate
40. With 2 young children so I need games I can pick up, pause frequently and save and quick at short notice. So that's pretty much single player only haha. Love a game with survival mechanics though.

Somehow come back to Project Zomboid after a few years and the map is HUGE now.
Raft
Subnautica
The Long Dark
Also headed back to Skyrim for a second play.

Soldato
45. Both kids are into their teens now and have their own gaming PCs, which brings a new set of gaming experiences to the table.

Following on from a long period where I'd had only intermittent interest in games, the past year has been one of the most fun years for gaming I've had in a very long time.

SP there was Nioh, AC Odyssey, Disco Elysium, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Horizon Zero Dawn, Jedi Fallen Order. All really enjoyable and engrossing games.

And co-op with kids we had Remnant: From the Ashes and Dying Light, which were both a complete blast. And of course, our time together in our eldest's Minecraft world.

Not sure what I want to play next. Tried out The Division last night to see if it will be a good co-op candidate for us. A bit undecided on that, but I also have The Forest with this in mind as well. And will almost certainly get a few copies of Valheim when it's birthday present time in a month or so.

Soldato
Can't wait for mine to discover the joy of Minecraft creepers :D

:) I was putting the finishing touches to a new house in his world the other day - just putting in the windows - when a creeper must have walked in through one of the unglazed windows behind me and blew the whole thing to smithereens!

My kids thought it was hilarious, so at least there was that...

Back
Top Bottom