**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S21 Family Thread ****

Soldato
Did she use the Samsung switch app to transfer details to new phone, that rite there is what happens. It is the reason why i stopped using it a long time ago
She did! I unfortunately failed to tell her my findings in time from this thread of people having issues with it! :(

Definitely reckon it's caused by that?

EDIT: Works with some fiddling and pretending to forget login details. Possibly ended up going through a different login screen / bit of code! :D

Last edited:
Associate
I've just received two text messages saying my S21 is being customized and will be delivered by the 15th Feb. Did everyone else get messages like this and was it long before the phone was delivered after receiving it?

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
I've just received two text messages saying my S21 is being customized and will be delivered by the 15th Feb. Did everyone else get messages like this and was it long before the phone was delivered after receiving it?
When did you order?

Caporegime
Bah I really want one of these but it's pure consumerism.

My Note 8 is working great still though I've just smashed the screen slightly. Hnnng.

Not being in an office all my notes are typed on a laptop now, which is actually much faster and clearer, so I might just forget the Note series, even if there is one coming out in the summer.

Will prices move anytime soon? Guessing no chance?

Soldato
I think, like a lot of things, if this issue hadn’t been brought to light and examined to the nth degree then 99.9% of users wouldn’t even notice.
That’s not to say it isn’t good consumer affairs and accountability but it is blown way out of proportion.

I mean, what average consumer sits and runs five Geekbench tests in a row on a daily basis?

Last edited:
Associate
My buds and tag are eventually arriving on Monday. Got a text to say my phone will.be delivered by 17th, the day I originally selected for delivery.

As for the whole Snapdragon vs exynos debate, i definitely think it's been blown out of proportion and 99% of people won't notice. They probably only notice because they sit there monitoring battery life and run benchmarks.

Soldato
I think, like a lot of things, if this issue hadn’t been brought to light and examined to the nth degree then 99.9% of users wouldn’t even notice.
That’s not to say it isn’t good consumer affairs and accountability but it is blown way out of proportion.

I mean, what average consumer sits and runs five Geekbench tests in a row on a daily basis?

I agree if the battery life is sufficient and the phone doesn't get too hot it's all good

Soldato
Doesn't paint the exynos in a great light, but from this thread it seems everyone is much happier with performance and battery life compared to the s20 and note20 from what I can tell? I've still not jumped in and purchased one yet

Performance doesn't seem to be a big issue unless you're a heavy gamer. But that camera quality would bug the hell out of me.

Associate
Performance doesn't seem to be a big issue unless you're a heavy gamer. But that camera quality would bug the hell out of me.
It annoys me slightly but getting a honk Kong imported Snapdragon with no official warranty and slow on updates not sure if it's worth it, they might fix the cameras with an update, is it really noticeable? I've taken loads of really good photos with mine

Associate

To be honest, coming from a Uk s20 ultra 512(Exynos) to the new UK s21 ultra 512(Exynos) it is in my humble opinion night and day. the battery life is far far better. and who the hell just purchases a phone to run tests on it bar a YouTuber trying to get views(which ofc they are trying to do). From all the vast amount of youtube vids now up that is the only one I have seen thus far that is so hard on the UK vers. others have said the Exynos is in fact cooler and keeps up with the snapdragon bar gaming. so in all honestly I do not know what to make of this video anyhow. it's not a perfect phone. but it is far better than last year's phone. Battery life is far better it is a lot snappier and the camera is a lot better.

Associate
Every game I've played so far using the Exynos 2100 runs at a stable 60fps with no frame drops below, even running the emulator has been fine although not at 10x but 4x as I prefer getting 50-60fps whenever possible in all games.

The camera quality one is definitely the most annoying as it was the same story last year with the snapdragon havingpicture processing, hopefully an update or two can mitigate any obvious differences.

I think the big leap comes when they start using the Exynos chip with AMD RDNA.

So yeah next year for anyone who cares that much about all out gaming performance not on snapdragon. I haven't seen one game bring the exynos to it's knees yet, equally using games pass etc for cloud gaming has worked great being able to use wi-fi 6 in my house or remote streaming from the Series X to the phone, the slightest of delays but performance is consistent throughout.

Associate
I would have loved to get the s21 ultra, but that bump in weight, is a right turn off. I go to the gym, lift weights but just can't stand having to use a massive phone.

Soldato
So far loving my S21 Ultra. Battery is miles better than my S9+ whose battery was starting to deteriorate so i've just sent it to giff gaff to trade for cash. I've currently got mine in a Spigen Neo hybrid Case as this is what i was using on my S9+ and loved it but i think im going to get a flip case to protect the screen as im a bit apprehensive of not having a glass screen protector on it (cant due to the ultra sonic fingerprint sensor), so i think a flip case will be a must for me and ill retire this Spigen case i just bought!

Only gripe ive had so far is the finger print sensor. i scanned both my right and left thumbs and it never seemed to unlock with my left thumb and was a little hit and miss with my right one. I deleted the scan for my left thumb and added my right thumb again so it's now registered twice and its worked flawlessly since.

Started the redemption process for the Buds Pro and the Tag on the 29th and heard nothing yet from Samsung regarding these.

Associate

I've got both the Exynos s21 ultra and SD note 20 Ultra, so far I have no issues with the camera. Takes better pictures then Note 20 ultra, generally cleaner images and more colour accurate.

Another thing to note, the HK SnapDragon version is awful on updates. The Note 20 Ultra only just received One UI 3 two days back, there is a whole thread on XDA how they appeared to forget the HK SnapDragon version when the rest of the world was upgraded in December. Was also on November patch until the upgrade.

Just a word of warning for anyone looking to import.

Associate
So far loving my S21 Ultra. Battery is miles better than my S9+ whose battery was starting to deteriorate so i've just sent it to giff gaff to trade for cash. I've currently got mine in a Spigen Neo hybrid Case as this is what i was using on my S9+ and loved it but i think im going to get a flip case to protect the screen as im a bit apprehensive of not having a glass screen protector on it (cant due to the ultra sonic fingerprint sensor), so i think a flip case will be a must for me and ill retire this Spigen case i just bought!

Only gripe ive had so far is the finger print sensor. i scanned both my right and left thumbs and it never seemed to unlock with my left thumb and was a little hit and miss with my right one. I deleted the scan for my left thumb and added my right thumb again so it's now registered twice and its worked flawlessly since.

Started the redemption process for the Buds Pro and the Tag on the 29th and heard nothing yet from Samsung regarding these.

What worked for me was doing two scans of each thumb and only in positions I know I unlock the phone from based on how I hold it, has given me the best results even with a standard screen protector on top. Convenient unlocking the phone from a black screen also and going straight back into apps.

Back
Top Bottom