Just experienced ABS kicking in

Soldato
Same for me. I had almost forgotten what it was like until last year when I was doing some track training and we disabled the ABS and I had all those memories come flooding back. All good fun....

yeah, in retrospect i'm kind of glad of the experience, at least teaches you the value of having such a system in the first place.

Soldato
I had my first car with ABS after driving cars with no ABS for about 15 years and i hated it

The ABS kept making me hit the hedge at work :p I used to come flying into my parking space jam the brakes on and the ABS would then release the bloody brakes as the wheels start to lock in the gravel :(

Hopefully today ABS is a lot better then it was back then about 15+ years ago,
I no drive these days like i used to and i don't work at that place anymore so i can't test the car i have now to see if the ABS would still kick in and release the brakes leading me to hit that hedge at the end of the gravel parking space :D

Last edited:
Associate
I had my first car with ABS after driving cars with no ABS for about 15 years and i hated it

The ABS kept making me hit the hedge at work :p I used to come flying into my parking space jam the brakes on and the ABS would then release the bloody brakes as the wheels start to lock in the gravel :(

Hopefully today ABS is a lot better then it was back then about 15+ years ago,
I no drive these days like i used to and i don't work at that place anymore so i can't test the car i have now to see if the ABS would still kick in and release the brakes leading me to hit that hedge at the end of the gravel parking space :D
my last fiesta was a bit like that. any gravel and abs kicked in and i could only stop by foot off brakes and then reapply. had a few dodge moments and swore i would only buy a car with an abs off button

Back
Top Bottom