• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone just given up on looking for a new GPU?

Soldato
work smarter not harder and all that. i do it as a hobby and never buy hardware at prices i couldnt sell on for what i paid. nor do i sell on for profit. bought a 580 8gb for 110 posted from here at xmas, if i re sold now it would be for the same price, but im after a couple more gpus not interested in selling. cheap hobby vs what other spend..

Yeahbbutt - Climate change :rolleyes:

Caporegime
Was that known at launch n00b?

Only newbz buy at launch tbh. Everyone waits for the modders to get a hold of the cards and see what's possible before committing.

I still reckon that's the best GPU I've ever bought in terms of value for money. It was ridiculous when I unlocked it. Absolute beast.

I actually didn't know it could unlock until I'd been using it for a while. After it was unlocked it flew through games.

I doubt we will ever see that again. There was something similar with and last gen with bios mods but never worked all the time and was risky.

The scene is dead now compared to back then.

Permabanned
At this point I could probably easierly get a 6800 LE and unlock it on modern hardware/W10 than get a ******* sensblyish priced 6800, nevermind a 6800XT, neverfullretard/whale a 6900XT.

Soldato
Wonder if Nvidia has been diverting recent GPU production from desktop to laptop, meaning the wait for many will continue for awhile

https://youtu.be/_NVTuj7su5I

They are certainly plugging the 3xxx series laptop you can always see what they are favouring by going to driver download and look at what it defaults to at the moment, eg 3xxx series laptop !

I have seen quite a few of these for 3080 cards. Looks like a scam to me.

I thought that too but several people in the Ampere 3080 owners thread (I think might be the FE thread) have bought them and they are genuine 3080's for around £500!

Only newbz buy at launch tbh. Everyone waits for the modders to get a hold of the cards and see what's possible before committing.

I still reckon that's the best GPU I've ever bought in terms of value for money. It was ridiculous when I unlocked it. Absolute beast.
I actually didn't know it could unlock until I'd been using it for a while. After it was unlocked it flew through games.
I doubt we will ever see that again. There was something similar with and last gen with bios mods but never worked all the time and was risky.
The scene is dead now compared to back then.

Yeah I had the same card for a while then suddenly found you could unlock it and bam from LE to Ultra was a-m-a-z-i-n-g. The 6800LE's sold out pretty quickly after it became known.

I still think the 460ti overclocked is the best card I have had. (1gb version)

Soldato
Yeah, it's very strange. I just got an alert as below

EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 Ultra Gaming: £618.73. Clicked it and went to online retailer website, added to my basket at £618.73.
Went to checkout (then cancelled) and it was
Items: £422.57
Postage + packing £16.55
Import fees depsit £92.69
Total £513.181
Promotion -£16.55

Order Total £515.26
I've managed to purchase these particular alerts a few times. The transaction goes through, money taken, but then a few minutes later, amazon emails to cancel the order and refund shows up on card statement. No explanation given such as no stock or error etc. So I wouldn't hold your breath! I'm starting to think it's just a scam to get affiliate revenue off any other purchases.
I have seen quite a few of these for 3080 cards. Looks like a scam to me.
sent.png

Just been dispatched it seems so not fake

Associate
I did consider a 3080, then thought I’d wait for the 3080Ti which now looks to have been cancelled. And now with the availability and cost of the cards think I’ll just wait for whatever the refresh/replacements are.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
I did consider a 3080, then thought I’d wait for the 3080Ti which now looks to have been cancelled. And now with the availability and cost of the cards think I’ll just wait for whatever the refresh/replacements are.

Trouble is we'll be in the exact same situation when new models are released, it's a never ending cycle.

Associate
Trouble is we'll be in the exact same situation when new models are released, it's a never ending cycle.

My thinking is we’ll be later in the year, COVID restrictions should be eased or easing and supply will be better, hopefully bringing the costs down. And if not I’ll have put away more money towards the upgrade.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
My thinking is we’ll be later in the year, COVID restrictions should be eased or easing and supply will be better, hopefully bringing the costs down. And if not I’ll have put away more money towards the upgrade.

Trouble is, if mining is still profitable by then, supply will never keep up with demand because deman will be infinite

Back
Top Bottom