Do you take off the screen protector and use your phone without?

Associate
Do you guys use your phones with or without a screen protector. Do you notice any major difference, using without the screen protector?

Soldato
I pop a case on some of my phones - my Pixel 3 has the Google fabric case which I like. I've never yet found a screen protector that maintains the smoothness of the glass underneath so I tend to not bother with those personally.

Associate
OP
I pop a case on some of my phones - my Pixel 3 has the Google fabric case which I like. I've never yet found a screen protector that maintains the smoothness of the glass underneath so I tend to not bother with those personally.
Hmm so you notice the screen is more responsive without?

Associate
I didn't bother with one on my Note 4 or Note 8. However the Samsung TPU one supplied on my Note 10+ is so good I've left it on.

I use an Aramid Fibre case on the Note 8 and Note 10+ which keeps the svelte feeling as they're only 0.6-0.7mm thick.

Associate
Just got a pixel 4a 5g which didn't have one automatically installed so used it for a day without one. I've now added an LK screen protector and I must say I'm impressed - easy installation using the included guide frame with no bubbles and as far as I can tell there's no difference in response.

Associate
OP
I usually keep one on, if I'm selling off the phone, but having read a few posts online, it appears the best experience is using without .

Man of Honour
It goes in a slim case but I never bother with screen protectors.
The case is normally more for grip these days now everything is smooth glass, looks lovely but crap to hold.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes not used a screen protector for years. I do use a case though as these modern glass phones are too slippy otherwise.

Associate
I remove them. Still rocking a OnePlus 3T and the screen is as good as the day I bought it, but I am always careful with my phones

Soldato
Glass screen protector always. Unless it comes from the manufacturer fitted.

Didn't always, until my xperia z2 fell out of its car holder into the footwell and gained 3 scratches across the glass screen. Was gutted :(

Current phone has a full adhesive glass protector fitted, and the option in settings to turn up sensitivity.
It's super slippy and feels great. And doesn't show fingerprints.

Associate
OP
I keep them on if they're factory fitted.
Yes that's what I used do do, but from now on, I want to feel the screen naked, as it may be better performance wise. If you sell off your phones though, they get better value when they have the factory screen protector though.

Back
Top Bottom